Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 26, 2013 6:59 PM
Jan 2013
I'm now at Episode 54 and I haven't had that "would make me want to watch it everyday" factor yet. Should you recommend me to continue watching it or just stick to other animes? I don't know for some though.

How would you rate it's:

Action -
Drama -
Comedy -

factors?

I don't like how they separate new opening to new endings here T_T.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 26, 2013 7:08 PM

Apr 2011
I thought manga was made by the same person? One Piece and Fairy Tail are mirror images of one another (except one is magic and one is pirates).
Jan 26, 2013 7:12 PM
Dec 2012
Your 54 episodes invested might as well round it off to 64 (a full minecraft stack) and watch something else like "Toaru Majutsu no Index" anything over 100 episodes is a investment.
Its all good.
Fufufu Why bother?
Jan 26, 2013 7:13 PM
May 2012
I personally didn't get as much a thrill watching One Piece, but the people on this forum say otherwise, so it's worth a shot.

Many say Fairy Tail and One Piece are very similar, though I don't really see it.

And yeah, I disliked how the openings and endings weren't together.
Jan 26, 2013 7:23 PM

Feb 2011
Comparing the two is pretty silly.
It's like comparing an amazing anime to a recycled,overused story.
One Piece is original, and will have you hooked after a while.
I don't see why you or anyone could like Fairy Tail, but we're all entitled to our own opinions, thus I wont judge your interest.

Action- 10/10 I personally feel the action is great. There's this youtube video which displayed all of one of the main protagonist, "Zoro", fight scenes.
It showed a great deal of development, and it even had connections to his prior fight scenes. The action in one piece is amazing due to the interesting abilities, and the fact that a normal human can take out someone superior in physique and ability w/ strategy.

Drama- 10/10 I enjoy it. No complaints here.

Comedy-10/10 Comedy placed at the perfect time. Very light hearted, yet serious when needed to be.

Of course this review is very bias due to my love for this anime, but I can assure you that you will hold no regrets by continuing to watch this anime.
Whether or not you choose to, I hope you find an anime which meets whatever you're currently looking for.
Jan 26, 2013 7:37 PM

Nov 2010
Well One Piece usually takes a while to hook someone. I decided around 35 to watch it all the way through. I say watch as much or as little as you want until you finish the first large arc which is the Alabasta arc which ends at 135. I hope it's enjoyable enough for you to watch it without having a bad time. It doesn't show it's charm until later, it's set up a lot of things at the beginning, that only become relevant later.

Action - 9/10, I really like the action. But I personally think Naruto's action is a little more fun to me, though One Piece's action is not bad at all.

Drama - 10/10, it has a lot of drama moments. Nami from the beginning when she asked him to save her was powerful. Later it gets pretty good that most people cry.

Comedy - 10/10, I laugh more at this show than I do some comedy shows. It's basic comedy but it's the characters that make it special.

Hopefully that isn't something that would make you drop a show. IMO it's better than Fairy Tail, because of Fairy Tail's short arcs it will never have the same depth that One Piece has.

Physiicx said:
I thought manga was made by the same person? One Piece and Fairy Tail are mirror images of one another (except one is magic and one is pirates).
No they are not, you can see that if you've watched both of them.
Jan 26, 2013 7:43 PM

Nov 2012
Drama 10/10
It doesn't have a lot of drama, but when it does get dramatic, it will have you shedding a tear at the very very least.
Comedy 10/10
Countless recurring jokes that will make you laugh every time.
Action 8/10
Now let me be critical here, One Piece =/= DBZ. The action does get better tho the further you go along simply because the characters get stronger.

The major reason why One Piece is a great show is because of it's writing, and it also is the big difference between Fairy Tail and One Piece. One Piece simply has more characterdevolpment (even the most minor characters get depth added to them), better plots (not a single thing in One Piece is filler, it all comes back to haunt you at some point) and stays original with each arc (sometimes not even relying on the main cast). All these things are also the reason you won't think One Piece is great in the first 100 episodes. Because the thruth is the anime is still setting all of these things up.
RandomPerson4Jan 26, 2013 7:47 PM
Jan 26, 2013 8:22 PM

Aug 2010
FT is good But it really doesn't compare to OP man...this series is a masterpiece.

Drama 10/10
Comedy 10/10
Characters 10/10
Story 10/10
Action 10/10

Just wait a little bit after u reach the 100s...it gets better XD
Jan 26, 2013 8:23 PM
Jan 2013
Ok then it's decided. I won't drop it.
I wonder why some here hate FairyTail so much? That aside, my query has been answered. This thread may now be closed.
Jan 26, 2013 8:41 PM

Nov 2010
james714x said:
Ok then it's decided. I won't drop it.
I wonder why some here hate FairyTail so much? That aside, my query has been answered. This thread may now be closed.
Because if you compare them, Fairy Tail loses out in a lot of things.
Jan 26, 2013 9:43 PM

Mar 2011
Hes Goda so what can I say?
Jan 26, 2013 10:53 PM

Oct 2011
I'd say they're pretty much the same, but (or should I say "which is why) I stick to one of them. One Piece. Since I got into it first and felt like FT is a rip-off.

Although if I'd rate those things
Action - 3/10 No good choreography or intellect or psychological factor or anything to make them speial.
Drama - Meh, wouldn't give it any credit except for all the flashbacks. Other than that it's the same re-used sob story which isn't even that good.

Comedy - 4/10 sometimes funny, othertimes really annoying, depends on who says the joke (brook, sanji and half the others are retarded) and it is really, really overused now and lacks creativity. Watch Gintama if you want comedy.

But I gotta say, what makes Fairy Tail a "want to watch everyday"?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2013 11:40 PM
Jan 2013
x5exotic said:

I don't know. You'll know it if you watch it. It's something liked by "those who really are into those worlds". I mean if you love magic, you may love FairyTail since it's what it is about.
The drama, the action, and the comedy it brings just fits in the place. The thrill of discovering different magic powers is also a huge plus. Not to mention they are in a guild ^^.
Jan 26, 2013 11:46 PM

Jun 2012
I'm sorry, but I can't stand fairy tail anymore.... The only thing keeping me reading it is the breasts... And even those are growing old.

I'd be glad take a break from that show for a full decade.
Jan 27, 2013 2:37 AM
Jan 2012
I watched around 120 or so episodes I think
. I did enjoy a lot of the earlier episodes and kept hoping it would get better, but very quickly my enjoyment went from quite high to none at all.
The jokes first of all just get bland and boring. The worst of it is during the 'celebration' episodes after each arc where the same jokes are just repeated and gray takes off his shirt etc.
This may just be preference but I'm not a fan of the simplistic characters (referring to their personalities).
There is no tension in the fights either since they all follow the same or similar progression of things like establishing how outright powerful the enemy is and having Natus or whoever be hopelessly defeated until he has the constantly recycled epiphany that his friends are with him and then he just wins.
Even without the predictability, the fights themselves are also pretty boring by being simplistic and repetitive. I think there were a few exceptions but I can't remember which though.

The comedy in one piece is definitely really good. The fights are more interesting and versatile (in relation to fairy tail at least). I can confirm the anime gets a lot more interesting later (but there are still some shitty arcs). The one big main huge gripe I have with the show is the pacing, but that may be the same as fairy tail (can't remember very well). Espeically in the last arc, it takes sooo many episodes for anything substantial to actually happen (although I know this is necessary due to catching up with the manga or whatever).

In my opinion, one piece ranks above stuff like bleach and naruto. Currently (due to fishman arc), I'm enjoying magi more than it though but that hasn't had enough episodes yet for me to truly judge it. None of them hold a candle to Hunter x Hunter though.
Jan 27, 2013 2:39 AM

Oct 2011
james714x said:
x5exotic said:

I don't know. You'll know it if you watch it. It's something liked by "those who really are into those worlds". I mean if you love magic, you may love FairyTail since it's what it is about.
The drama, the action, and the comedy it brings just fits in the place. The thrill of discovering different magic powers is also a huge plus. Not to mention they are in a guild ^^.

I did watch the first 10 eps or so. It seems too childish. Can't really buy into the drama/action in it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2013 3:07 AM
Mar 2012
If you want to watch fairy tail, then do it for the humor or the fanservice because the fights are ludicrous. You have badass antagonists introduced that get trashed by obvious willpower,yeah they don't even try to hide it unlike in one piece. It doesn't matter if the protagonists run out of mp or get destroyed, they'll just stand up again and again and again until they finish off their enemies in the most unsatisfying way ever. It's like a noob playing metal slug with infinite continues, got owned? it's fine, you can start again. But if you are fine with this, then just watch it, it also doesn't have much fillers (at least when I used to watch it)
Jan 27, 2013 3:10 AM

Oct 2010
Basically:

Action - 8/10. It has its moments but I don't watch One Piece for its visual strength in fights. You get the feelings of effort and pain but there's not much else on this. Some fights, however, are very interesting and dynamic. And maybe the most interesting part of it is that every character has their own attitude in a battle and their own strategy. @x5exotic, what about Usopp's tricky fighting? Is it in any way comparable to Luffy's? And Robin's sadist mindset towards her enemies? Is it the same as Sanji's? Would he ever beat somebody to the point of death or irreversible injuries?

Drama - 10/10. It is tied to the characters and the characters in One Piece are the essential reason for our fandom. And the dramatic build-ups are almost always great. The choice of music and images is very competent and the series has the strange ability to make a character endearing with a very brief exposition of their situation.

Comedy - 9/10. Same as above. The transitions between comedy and drama are some of the best I have ever seen in anime. It's just a delight to see the Straw Hats interacting and having fun, and this factor alone has saved many episodes from being unbearably dull. Some jokes fall flat, and I kind of agree that it is repetitive and lacks creativity. But is this really an issue? A character-based comedy is based on repetition of patterns by definition. It's a completely different mindset than an absurdist "everything goes" comedy.

Characters - 10/10. Well, what can I say about this. Every member of the Straw Hats is easily recognizable, every villain is differently set (for example, Kuro, Don Krieg and Arlong are nothing alike, both physically and in their mindset, and this is only taking the first arcs) and even the episodics/arc only characters get a fairly recognizable development. We get to know them as well as any other.

Story - 10/10. Hi, this is One Piece. It's about a young idiot who wants to be the King of Pirates and his crew. In their way, however, they deal with hundreds of scenarios, adventures, conspiracies, and their mood also grows according to the events, their role in the crew is defied and redesigned, etc. Meanwhile, they constantly show that things happen outside of the crew's scope of influence and will affect them in the future (which in this series might mean hundreds of episodes), and revealing that, no matter how badass they look, they still have a long way to go.

Of course, I'm a fanboy. So maybe my opinion doesn't represent yours.
Jan 27, 2013 3:10 AM

Nov 2011
FT goes straight into the action and stuff right off the bat so it's pretty easy and quick to get into. One Piece starts off very slow, so a bit harder for people to get into, but when it picks up you're in for a very great time.

Basically it's a question if you have the endurance or not I suppose.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 27, 2013 8:39 AM

Nov 2010
james714x said:
x5exotic said:

Speaking of worlds, One Piece has the biggest and best created one. While Fairy Tail might have magic in their world and it's fantasy like(I'm guessing that's what you like about it). One Piece does that too, some can even say better, One Piece's world is about adventure. Races like giants and mermaids, and way more(I don't want to spoil) tons of different species of animals both big and small. And a huge variation of islands and weather. And you haven't even gotten to any of them, it all starts in the Grand Line. That's where the fantasy starts, literally as soon as they get into the Grand Line.
Jan 27, 2013 8:42 AM
May 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
I'm sorry, but I can't stand fairy tail anymore.... The only thing keeping me reading it is the breasts... And even those are growing old.

People like you piss me off.
Shaduge said:
If you want to watch fairy tail, then do it for the humor or the fanservice because the fights are ludicrous. You have badass antagonists introduced that get trashed by obvious willpower,yeah they don't even try to hide it unlike in one piece. It doesn't matter if the protagonists run out of mp or get destroyed, they'll just stand up again and again and again until they finish off their enemies in the most unsatisfying way ever. It's like a noob playing metal slug with infinite continues, got owned? it's fine, you can start again. But if you are fine with this, then just watch it, it also doesn't have much fillers (at least when I used to watch it)
I really don't understand the whole nakama power up hate. It doesn't happen all the time as people say.
AestherJan 27, 2013 8:46 AM
Jan 27, 2013 8:49 AM

Nov 2010
Sophilia said:
Shaduge said:
I really don't understand the whole nakama power up hate. It doesn't happen all the time as people say.
Because it's annoying. And it does have a very predictable fighting style. Natsu runs ahead, geats beaten, gets up in like 20 minutes, runs over to the bad guy, starts the fight, gets his ass kicked some more, gets either: insulted, given some flame, or yells, then beats the bad guy quite easily.
Jan 27, 2013 8:51 AM
Jul 2012
the fairy tail bashing... It's a bad idea to compare fairy tail and one piece in their respective boards... I don't see why it's so hard to answer the man's question without bashing fairy tail :/ which some people did in this thread.
Jan 27, 2013 8:55 AM
May 2012
JavierR said:
the fairy tail bashing... It's a bad idea to compare fairy tail and one piece in their respective boards... I don't see why it's so hard to answer the man's question without bashing fairy tail :/ which some people did in this thread.
Pretty much everyone other than us.

IntroverTurtle said:
Sophilia said:
Shaduge said:
Because it's annoying. And it does have a very predictable fighting style. Natsu runs ahead, geats beaten, gets up in like 20 minutes, runs over to the bad guy, starts the fight, gets his ass kicked some more, gets either: insulted, given some flame, or yells, then beats the bad guy quite easily.
Natsu doesn't get nakama power ups. He gets power ups of a different variety. It's pretty much only Erza that gets it.
Jan 27, 2013 9:09 AM

May 2012
i watch fairy tail and one piece and i love them both

one piece starts off a bit slower but it picks up once the main crew is assembled. each of their arcs have some pretty powerful scenes as well.
one piece definitely has more information related to the area and inhabitants of where the crew goes so the story feels a lot more informative and gives a good adventure feel.

fairy tail is just as good of an anime in my eyes. it doesn't have a huge world like one piece but the characters are really good.
like one piece the main character is not the only one to stand out completely and leave side characters in the dust.

oh yeah, fairy tail music is amazing.

should also keep in mind one piece has been running way longer than fairy tail =.=
people calling it a rip off are thinking too much into it. watch/read it for what it is

both are great. one piece will probably give you a similar thrill but it takes a while to get to some really good action from where you are.
EltrikJan 27, 2013 9:52 AM
Jan 27, 2013 9:13 AM

Oct 2011
Sophilia said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

People like you piss me off.
Shaduge said:

To be fair one piece uses it. Ironically the most popular OP arc (enies lobby) has the biggest power of will/nakama/whatever in it.
Jan 27, 2013 9:41 AM

Oct 2010
x5exotic said:
To be fair one piece uses it. Ironically the most popular OP arc (enies lobby) has the biggest power of will/nakama/whatever in it.

Yes, this is true. I don't know how is Fairy Tail in this matter, though. The question here is that, as well as having the issue of power of will/nakama in one arc, it is completely contradicted in another arc (Sabaody). One of the things I like about One Piece (and I found lacking for example in the Strong World movie) is that, no matter how strong their will and nakama bond is, they just can't go beyond the limits they have at that moment. They can stretch them, but the East Blue Luffy wouldn't have been able to tolerate the amount of damage that he received in Alabasta, for example. And in the Enies Lobby arc, regardless of its "save our nakama" factor, there was a fairly good example of this: was Luffy able to stand up when he won his fight?
Jan 27, 2013 10:16 AM

Oct 2011
jal90 said:
x5exotic said:

Yes, this is true. I don't know how is Fairy Tail in this matter, though. The question here is that, as well as having the issue of power of will/nakama in one arc, it is completely contradicted in another arc (Sabaody). One of the things I like about One Piece (and I found lacking for example in the Strong World movie) is that, no matter how strong their will and nakama bond is, they just can't go beyond the limits they have at that moment. They can stretch them, but the East Blue Luffy wouldn't have been able to tolerate the amount of damage that he received in Alabasta, for example. And in the Enies Lobby arc, regardless of its "save our nakama" factor, there was a fairly good example of this: was Luffy able to stand up when he won his fight?

Sore muscles are common results after a power of will fight.
And they had just met top tiers of the series at the mid-series finale, of course they wouldn't beat them. Same way Ichigo lost to Aizen in the SS arc, and to Byakuya in the sub shinigami, and Same way Naruto lost to Sasuke etc, etc. It's a classic "beat me now until we get to our grudge match" case.

The problem is with the stretching itself. Being able to beat someone just because you need to. Which is a problem found in both (I think, didn't get into much of FT)
Jan 27, 2013 10:37 AM

Oct 2010
This discussion is going to get spoilerific so be careful and don't read, at least, if you haven't finished Sabaody, people.

x5exotic said:
Sore muscles are common results after a power of will fight.
And they had just met top tiers of the series at the mid-series finale, of course they wouldn't beat them. Same way Ichigo lost to Aizen in the SS arc, and to Byakuya in the sub shinigami, and Same way Naruto lost to Sasuke etc, etc. It's a classic "beat me now until we get to our grudge match" case.

Well, I said that I like it. Basically because it keeps a connection with the rest of the story. I guess Bleach and Naruto will have similar systems in that matter; whenever a power-up is brought, the characters will increase their ability for the rest of the series (it's a scaled development), but as it is not brought, they remain too weak for things that are beyond their limit. And One Piece has made an interesting use of this by throwing the characters into situations that they simply couldn't solve, no matter how strong their will was.

x5exotic said:
The problem is with the stretching itself. Being able to beat someone just because you need to. Which is a problem found in both (I think, didn't get into much of FT)

But this doesn't happen in One Piece. I can't conceive any moment in the series when Luffy was in more need to reach an objective than in Sabaody. And he not only lost, but was completely unable to satisfy this need. He simply couldn't do anything against his enemies because at that point of the journey they were miles ahead of him.

And stretching the limits is not the same as breaking them. In the Enies Lobby arc, if Luffy had just broken his limits, he would have been recovered in seconds or minutes. But this didn't happen. So, beating Lucci put him in the absolute maximum level of effort he could handle.

This happened in Thriller Bark too (there were other factors in there, though), by the way. Which had another interesting trait: the characters feeling overwhelmed and kind of depressed after a hard-worked victory.
jal90Jan 27, 2013 11:12 AM
Jan 27, 2013 6:17 PM
Jan 2013
I spoiled how Robin and Ace looked like T_T.

For everyone to know, each FT character has their unique traits too which sets them apart. In OP, it's on how they want to be a pirate someday. Well, same for FT but it's more on how they got in FT and how they view FT as a person.
As I can remember, OP's comedy isn't that great yet(since I haven't watched it all) as compared to FT. Well Usopp is funny all in all.

Well I don't know yet but I won't drop OP. Your words remind me that OP isn't something I can just drop in an instant. Well I won't drop FT for sure in fact I'm reading the manga from the start since I watched the anime first.

Well everyone should agree to this
FT's OST>OP's
I know, too biased xD
Jan 27, 2013 6:34 PM

Nov 2010
james714x said:

For everyone to know, each FT character has their unique traits too which sets them apart. In OP, it's on how they want to be a pirate someday. Well, same for FT but it's more on how they got in FT and how they view FT as a person.
As I can remember, OP's comedy isn't that great yet(since I haven't watched it all) as compared to FT. Well Usopp is funny all in all.

Well I don't know yet but I won't drop OP. Your words remind me that OP isn't something I can just drop in an instant. Well I won't drop FT for sure in fact I'm reading the manga from the start since I watched the anime first.

FT's OST>OP's
I know, too biased xD
One Piece's characters have their own traits that set them apart, maybe even more because of Oda's art style. Basically only Luffy and two others wanted to become pirates but they all have their own dreams that's the reason why they on on the sea, which is something the characters in FT don't have. And OP does focus on certain character's developement later on.
I think the opposite, Natsu's motion sickness and Gray's stripping got boring in like 20 episodes.

If you liked that, One Piece has way more of that later. Both characters coming back from the beginning and character developement.

Yes it gets better as it goes. You don't have to pick one or the other, in fact why don't you pick up the rest of the airing shounens.

Maybe for the OPs and EDs, but I don't know about the in anime OST. One Piece's gets really good especially during fights and for different islands.
'
Jan 27, 2013 8:00 PM
Jan 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
james714x said:

FT's OST>OP's
I know, too biased xD
One Piece's characters have their own traits that set them apart, maybe even more because of Oda's art style. Basically only Luffy and two others wanted to become pirates but they all have their own dreams that's the reason why they on on the sea, which is something the characters in FT don't have. And OP does focus on certain character's developement later on.
I think the opposite, Natsu's motion sickness and Gray's stripping got boring in like 20 episodes.

If you liked that, One Piece has way more of that later. Both characters coming back from the beginning and character developement.

Yes it gets better as it goes. You don't have to pick one or the other, in fact why don't you pick up the rest of the airing shounens.

Maybe for the OPs and EDs, but I don't know about the in anime OST. One Piece's gets really good especially during fights and for different islands.
'

Also 1 thing I don't like in FT are the spoilers in opening theme.

IntroverTurtle said:

You don't have to pick one or the other, in fact why don't you pick up the rest of the airing shounens.

I don't know where to have a list of those :(

Do you guys download anime like me or do you watch it online?
Jan 27, 2013 8:04 PM

Jul 2011
Action - 10/10
Drama - 50/10
Comedy - 30/10
Jan 27, 2013 8:19 PM

Aug 2010
I tried watching fairy tail but since i already read the manga up to the current arc, its hard for me to stay focused lol, also i dont like the ost

Anyways, The general comment i hate about fairy tail is when people say its all about boobs, or fanservice,(if you go into a series looking for fanservice, thats all you would find) and no it is not, there are some great arcs and the back stories of each the character are pretty good, and a bunch of likeable characters, sure the whole nakama power is overused but every show has its over used cliche.

Also @ op, the fight scenes get better as the story goes on, but i find the comedy good throughout the series and the drama is gets very good in certain arcs
Jan 27, 2013 8:20 PM

Nov 2010
james714x said:

Also 1 thing I don't like in FT are the spoilers in opening theme.
Yeah I don't think you have a problem with that in One Piece much. Most of the footage is original stuff of them playing with animals and stuff like that. Though I do think Robin's appearance is spoiled in an OP.

james714x said:

I don't know where to have a list of those :(

Do you guys download anime like me or do you watch it online?
Magi, Toriko, Hunter x Hunter(2011), Naruto Shippuden, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure(2012). Though Magi and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure are probably going to end at 26 episodes, the rest should be going for years.
Jan 28, 2013 9:28 AM
Sep 2012
Due to Fairy Tail's better story telling the factors you mentioned are better there. OP tends to drag a lot without any particular purpose. Making canon story seem filler at times.
Jan 28, 2013 9:58 AM

Nov 2010
Kratos9 said:
Due to Fairy Tail's better story telling the factors you mentioned are better there. OP tends to drag a lot without any particular purpose. Making canon story seem filler at times.
Which story telling factors? And Fairy Tail's arcs are too small, making nothing have an impact.
Jan 28, 2013 12:59 PM

Jul 2011
Kratos9 said:

LOL Are you serious ? XD
Jan 28, 2013 1:06 PM

Nov 2012
Kratos9 said:

Fast or slow pacing has nothing to do with great or terrible plotting.
It also has nothing to do with making something feel like filler.
What makes something feel like filler is lack of importance for the grand story and that doesn't happen in One Piece.
Jan 28, 2013 1:14 PM
Sep 2012
RandomPerson3 said:
Kratos9 said:

What makes something feel like filler is lack of importance for the grand story and that doesn't happen in One Piece.

I didn't say it was slow, I said it was dragged out. Dragged out means there's nothing happening so it's slow for nothing and the series is just lengthy and can be compressed and be exactly the same.

Feeling like filler also can be because of bad writing. FI was like filler, connect it to all arcs you want and give us a Roger flashback in it, the storyline of Fishmen is still terrible. And yes, it does happen a lot in One Piece. It's not that hard to make something related to something the way it's done here. Also fillers can be made so that they are really connected to the main plot, while a canon can have less connection.
Jan 28, 2013 1:24 PM

Nov 2010
Kratos9 said:
I didn't say it was slow, I said it was dragged out. Dragged out means there's nothing happening so it's slow for nothing and the series is just lengthy and can be compressed and be exactly the same.

Feeling like filler also can be because of bad writing. FI was like filler, connect it to all arcs you want and give us a Roger flashback in it, the storyline of Fishmen is still terrible. And yes, it does happen a lot in One Piece. It's not that hard to make something related to something the way it's done here. Also fillers can be made so that they are really connected to the main plot, while a canon can have less connection.
Another person only bringing up FI to say that One Piece is dragged out. If it's slow then it's for a purpose, there's a reason why there are flasbacks every arc.
That was an important arc, many things were revealed,

And FI's story was not terrible.
Jan 28, 2013 1:27 PM

Nov 2012
Kratos9 said:
RandomPerson3 said:
Kratos9 said:

FI didn't feel like filler. It was just terrible. In other words Filler =/= Terrible, Canon =/= Great. Also using FI as an example of why FT is better is really not fair, since One Piece was incredible for the 500 episodes before FI (and probably will be after). And just because FT doesn't drag (as much) doesn't mean it's better (see IntroverTurtle's comment for reasons why).
Jan 28, 2013 6:23 PM

Mar 2010
I kinda understand what you're saying, i finally decided to watch OP until it was up to epi 406 i think and i can tell you this, after episode 70 +- and until you finish the Alabasta arc you won't know if you love OP or not, so give it a shot, it's worth it.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Jan 28, 2013 6:35 PM

Jan 2012
Kratos9 said:
RandomPerson3 said:
Kratos9 said:

I Absolutely Love OP, and have been following it ever since 2001, but i do agree with you that One piece tends to drag on allot in some episodes. Its kinda what DBZ did, with fights lasting 5 weeks, with nothing but

Ep 1 "OH I POWERED UP!" "OH YOU POWERED UP! I AM SHOCKED"
Ep 2 "OH I KICKED YOUR BUTT" "OH YOU KICKED MY BUTT BUT I HAVE A SECRET"
Ep 3 "OH I TELL YOU SECRET" "OH I AM SHOCKED BY YOUR SECRET"
Ep 4 "OH LOOK SOMETHING COMPLETELY UNRELATED TO WHAT WAS GOING ON LAST WEEK"
Ep 5 "OH..... a flashback... fancy meeting you here"
Ep 6 "OH! BACK TO THE FIGHT! I AM ALMOST DEAD! BUT I CAN STILL POWER UP!" "OH I AM SHOCKED ONCE MORE"
Ep 7 "OH I AM DEFEATED! BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP MY SECRET PLAN! "OH I AM SHOCKED. HOW AM I GOING TO DEFEAT SECRET PLAN"
Ep 8... And then we get about 3 episodes worth of worrying about secret evil plan until a few episodes later its stopped.

Fishman Arc right there.... Most Tedious OP Arc ever... I was so glad when that bullshit was finally over.

But i guess my love for OP, keeps me tuned in because i i've been watching it for almost 13 years now. Its a show thats very dear to me, so i just forgive it for all its mistakes. I can definitely see new viewers getting a bit fed up with it here and there.
Jan 30, 2013 2:38 AM

Jan 2013
I used to be a fan of Fairy Tail but it has become Terrible lately, all that Nakama power up crap is just pathetic....Mashima is a terrible writer who hacks off other's work and his Plots are as random as his character powerup

@TS

i will tell you this

FT starts off Great but gets mediocre by each arc
OP starts of Mediocre but gets EPIC by each progressing arc
Jan 30, 2013 3:56 AM
Jan 2013
x5exotic said:
I'd say they're pretty much the same, but (or should I say "which is why) I stick to one of them. One Piece. Since I got into it first and felt like FT is a rip-off.

Action - 3/10 No good choreography or intellect or psychological factor or anything to make them speial.
Drama - Meh, wouldn't give it any credit except for all the flashbacks. Other than that it's the same re-used sob story which isn't even that good.

Comedy - 4/10 sometimes funny, othertimes really annoying, depends on who says the joke (brook, sanji and half the others are retarded) and it is really, really overused now and lacks creativity. Watch Gintama if you want comedy.

So Narutoforums is not the only forums you troll in.
The difference between Fairy Tail and One Piece is that the first is not special and quite mediocre, while the other is factually the best work of literature ever written (and you faggot, whoever you are that had a wrong reaction when you read this, shut the fuck up, you don't even know the reason)
Jan 31, 2013 9:40 PM

Nov 2010
Rogalicus said:
Kuraaiiya said:
while the other is factually the best work of literature ever written

You should watch more.
Feb 1, 2013 2:15 AM

Dec 2011
Rogalicus said:
IntroverTurtle said:
You should watch more.

You should read more.

^^ that just made nooo sense... They obviously read it and watch it and that's why you should read or watch it more because you obviously haven't got a grasp of it.
Feb 1, 2013 4:57 AM

Oct 2010
Let's just leave it as this: you are both wrong.
Feb 1, 2013 5:03 AM

Oct 2011
Kuraaiiya said:
x5exotic said:

So Narutoforums is not the only forums you troll in.
The difference between Fairy Tail and One Piece is that the first is not special and quite mediocre, while the other is factually the best work of literature ever written (and you faggot, whoever you are that had a wrong reaction when you read this, shut the fuck up, you don't even know the reason)

Lol.

One Piece, not in literature, not in manga, just in Shonen alone, would not make the top 100 list in terms of best writing.
And saying that action, comedy, drama are below average is not trolling, because it is true. So OP may be better than FT, but the difference isn't huge. So overall they're roughly around the same level (average writing and development with fun in-between)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 143 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 31, 2009

58 by Ratris_Decision »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Dec 8, 2009

58 by ZahaJohnathan »»
5 hours ago

» Why the pacing of the One Piece anime is actually good.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

47 by Reckless_weeb »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 25

45 by MasterK »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 183 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veethorn - Oct 27, 2009

62 by Bri1liant »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.