Forum Settings
Forums

The "Help Identifying This Anime/Character" Topic (v2)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) « First ... « 69 70 [71] 72 73 » ... Last »
May 8, 2011 1:42 AM

May 2008
I'm not sure what this is but it looks like a very americanized comic-book style.... for example the fact that they have large protruding noses and the method of the cell shading. It really reminds me of the old Gargoyles tv series style and some of the stuff from DC comics. It seems really familiar but I can't seem to put a finger on it. The animation was done in japan, but may have been intended for american audiences -- might be a connection there.

I am a banana.
May 8, 2011 3:13 AM

Sep 2009
Would anyone know these? Thanks for your help in advance. :)

1) (I'm guessing it's that boxing anime, but would need confirmation or denial)
2)
3)
May 8, 2011 3:17 AM

Mar 2009
3 might be Toradora.
May 8, 2011 3:34 AM

Nov 2008
@Strukla:

2) is Binchou-tan
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
May 8, 2011 3:58 AM

Mar 2011
1)明日のジョー ashita no joe
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2402/Ashita_no_Joe
May 8, 2011 5:29 AM

May 2009
Vforvendetta said:
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt101/Lov3hin4/Princess%20Waltz/4-2.jpg
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt101/Lov3hin4/Princess%20Waltz/5-2.jpg
can anyone help me identify these 2 anime :D ?
thx in advance

First one is Sengoku Basara
May 8, 2011 9:06 AM

Nov 2010
AlexSadist-sama said:
3 might be Toradora.

Confirmed, 3 is definitely Toradora.
May 8, 2011 12:29 PM

Mar 2008
Vforvendetta said:
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt101/Lov3hin4/Princess%20Waltz/4-2.jpg
http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt101/Lov3hin4/Princess%20Waltz/5-2.jpg
can anyone help me identify these 2 anime :D ?
thx in advance

second one is Solty Rei.
May 8, 2011 6:35 PM

Dec 2009
my girlfriend wanted to know where this was from, but I have no idea. I like the animation though. does anyone know?
May 8, 2011 6:39 PM
Jul 2018
Deathtonavi said:
my girlfriend wanted to know where this was from, but I have no idea. I like the animation though. does anyone know?
It's from Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (aka OreImo).
May 8, 2011 6:40 PM

Dec 2009
memeki said:
Deathtonavi said:
It's from Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (aka OreImo).

well that sure is a mouthful! thanks :D
May 8, 2011 9:27 PM

Nov 2009
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9773/sample6c691b4c517ddd730.jpg
can anyone recognize these characters? I've just known Rin from FSN, she's at the right.
May 8, 2011 10:05 PM

May 2011
Does anyone know these anime ?Thanks in advance
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5273/dream5.jpg
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1472/dream7.jpg
lego_proMay 8, 2011 10:14 PM
May 8, 2011 10:19 PM

Mar 2011
Vforvendetta said:
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/9773/sample6c691b4c517ddd730.jpg
can anyone recognize these characters? I've just known Rin from FSN, she's at the right.

Will be released in the summer.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10012/Carnival_Phantasm
May 8, 2011 10:42 PM
Dec 2009

The first is Freezing
And the second is Gosick
May 9, 2011 2:58 AM

May 2011
QysteiN said:

The first is Freezing
And the second is Gosick

oh,thanks you very much!That's right!
May 9, 2011 7:12 AM

May 2011
I can not for the life of me remember this name of an anime with a main character who couldn't die. I saw 1 episode 5-10 years ago and all I remember is the main character couldn't die I saw him get hit by a bus blood went everywhere and then he stood up like nothing happened. It could be an anime movie. Thats all I remember.

Please help this has been haunting me for the longest time.
May 9, 2011 7:24 AM
Dec 2009
Kage_Shiroyuki said:
I can not for the life of me remember this name of an anime with a main character who couldn't die. I saw 1 episode 5-10 years ago and all I remember is the main character couldn't die I saw him get hit by a bus blood went everywhere and then he stood up like nothing happened. It could be an anime movie. Thats all I remember.

Yu Yu Hakusho Can it be this?
May 9, 2011 7:34 AM

May 2011
QysteiN said:
Kage_Shiroyuki said:

Yu Yu Hakusho Can it be this?

No its not because i know about Yu Yu Hakusho and not the anime I'm trying to think of. Thanks for trying to help though.
Kage_ShiroyukiMay 9, 2011 9:19 AM
May 9, 2011 9:23 AM

Jan 2010
Kage_Shiroyuki said:

First title that comes to mind for me is 3x3 Eyes. Can't remember the details enough to know whether or not the main character was hit by a bus, but I do recall the anime doing some vaguely grotesque things with him so it seems within its personality to do so.
May 9, 2011 9:40 AM

May 2011
Nadian said:
Kage_Shiroyuki said:

First title that comes to mind for me is 3x3 Eyes. Can't remember the details enough to know whether or not the main character was hit by a bus, but I do recall the anime doing some vaguely grotesque things with him so it seems within its personality to do so.

I'll have to watch it to see if its it, but I do know I saw the main character get hit by a bus and live.
May 9, 2011 9:41 AM

Jun 2009
Kage_Shiroyuki said:

lol sounds like Kore wa Zombie desu ka, but that was from 2011 so can't be it.
May 9, 2011 10:36 AM

May 2011
Tharand said:
Kage_Shiroyuki said:

lol sounds like Kore wa Zombie desu ka, but that was from 2011 so can't be it.

Yeah pretty close though since both characters get hit by a bus.
May 9, 2011 10:47 AM

Sep 2009
Kage_Shiroyuki said:

What did the main character look like? Hair colour, eye colour, clothes?
May 9, 2011 10:56 AM

May 2011
Sandileina said:
Kage_Shiroyuki said:

What did the main character look like? Hair colour, eye colour, clothes?

I think he had short brown hair and either black or brown eyes.
May 9, 2011 2:08 PM

Mar 2008
I'd like to know where these two are from:

Much obliged.
May 9, 2011 2:10 PM

Dec 2007
Dozer said:
I'd like to know where these two are from:

Much obliged.

this
http://myanimelist.net/anime/9330/Dragon_Crisis!

and this
http://myanimelist.net/anime/8934/Star_Driver:_Kagayaki_no_Takuto
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!
May 9, 2011 5:52 PM

Apr 2011
When I was a child I remember watching an anime movie about some women (I cant remember if there was a man) in a space ship on a mission or something like that, fighting aliens. Many of them died and one of them got pregnant and gave birth to a boy who was growing up extremely fast... and I think they wanted to kill him because he was an alien(?)... I might be wrong...
Does anyone know that movie??
May 9, 2011 7:27 PM

Feb 2011
biller said:
When I was a child I remember watching an anime movie about some women (I cant remember if there was a man) in a space ship on a mission or something like that, fighting aliens. Many of them died and one of them got pregnant and gave birth to a boy who was growing up extremely fast... and I think they wanted to kill him because he was an alien(?)... I might be wrong...

It's called Dead Leaves
But they didn't want to kill the baby. The baby sacrificed himself to save his parents.
HiromeiMay 9, 2011 7:31 PM

^^^^^Click^^^^
May 9, 2011 8:08 PM

Jan 2010
Kage_Shiroyuki said:
Nadian said:
Kage_Shiroyuki said:

I'll have to watch it to see if its it, but I do know I saw the main character get hit by a bus and live.

I have confirmed that about 12 minutes into the first episode the immortal guy does get hit by a bus. His foot slips when he turns around to look at the bus, he falls completely in its path, a squirt of blood as his shoe goes flying, bus screeches to a halt and people gather. His pool of blood is draining into a sewer and he responds to his name and gets up like nothing happened.

Oh wait, it's probably on Youtube.
May 9, 2011 8:31 PM
Jul 2018
Yo whats up everyone?
I want some help to find the anime i'm looking for,the main character was called Dai(pronounced like this),its quite an old anime in which the protagonist is a kid who wears an armor and has a sword, i watched it about 7-10 years ago on TV, i think there was a pink-haired girl as well.

Thanks,
HUSH
May 9, 2011 8:41 PM

Apr 2009
@HUSH1994: I searched Dai here in MAL and deleted all of the things that didn't meet your criteria and got this.

Could it be Dragon Quest? Dai wears armor and is a swordsman (according to pics). Dai starts his quest as a child (according to Dragon Quest's pics) and it seems like that he ages. It's fairly old as well, the first of its series starting in 1991. The series also has a pink-haired girl named Maam.
sakaMay 9, 2011 9:18 PM
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
May 9, 2011 9:47 PM

May 2011
@Nadian

after seeing that video it made me remember that there was no subtitles and it came on a movie channel I think, and it looked like a different style.
May 9, 2011 10:34 PM
Jul 2018
MisaTange said:
@HUSH1994: I searched Dai here in MAL and deleted all of the things that didn't meet your criteria and got this.

Could it be Dragon Quest? Dai wears armor and is a swordsman (according to pics). Dai starts his quest as a child (according to Dragon Quest's pics) and it seems like that he ages. It's fairly old as well, the first of its series starting in 1991. The series also has a pink-haired girl named Maam.

Yeah thats it,thanks man :)
May 9, 2011 10:47 PM

May 2011
Hey!
Does anyone know the name of an anime that is about a girl whose boyfriend gives her a really weird donkey?
May 9, 2011 10:52 PM

Nov 2010
Haruchan9 said:
Hey!
Does anyone know the name of an anime that is about a girl whose boyfriend gives her a really weird donkey?

This?
May 9, 2011 10:58 PM

May 2011
mooncakedevil said:
Haruchan9 said:
Hey!

This?

Oh yeah. Thank you!!! n.n
May 9, 2011 11:59 PM
Jul 2010
Hiya!
I'm having trouble figuring out who this character is

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/SaintEbony/fe77a478c78fd74e6ca11b5db44cbef9.png

http://i53.tinypic.com/ics3nm.jpg

Thanks in advance!!
May 10, 2011 1:17 AM

Mar 2008
StewieJr said:
Hiya!
I'm having trouble figuring out who this character is

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/SaintEbony/fe77a478c78fd74e6ca11b5db44cbef9.png

http://i53.tinypic.com/ics3nm.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

Ashikaga Chachamaru from Soukou Akki Muramasa game, VNDB link here
May 10, 2011 8:14 AM
Jul 2010
Thanks ^^
May 10, 2011 8:19 AM

Feb 2011
My friend has one. I don't quite remember what he told me about it, but I will try to describe it the best i can.

This girl has lost her memory, and this one guy is trying to find a way to get her memory back and i think ends up talkin to a witch or sumthin that can do it, but theres a catch. The witch? can restore her memory on the condition that the girl will no remember him.

^^^^^Click^^^^
May 10, 2011 8:47 AM

Dec 2008
Hiromei said:
My friend has one. I don't quite remember what he told me about it, but I will try to describe it the best i can.

This girl has lost her memory, and this one guy is trying to find a way to get her memory back and i think ends up talkin to a witch or sumthin that can do it, but theres a catch. The witch? can restore her memory on the condition that the girl will no remember him.

I don't think I'm very helpful here, but as far as I know, the first thing that came to mind was Tsubasa Chronicles.
Her memory was scattered across different worlds, and in order to travel across the worlds to find them, he had to pay a price in return. So he decided to sacrifice all her memories that were related to him, and she will not remember him.
"漏れは、おまいの、件を考える
(一応)【審議中】 ( ´・ω) (´・ω・) (・ω・`)
と胸がしめつけられてパ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ン!!!!!しまEそうだお。
なうにもおまいをDA☆きしめええええええええええええええええええん!!!!!!!!て、漏れの、翼DE(・∀・ = ・∀・)ドコーか誰もEねーよwwwwww地の、果てまDE飛んでいきたい
ド━(゚Д゚)━ ン !!!気持ちでつ。"
May 10, 2011 10:46 AM

Apr 2011
Hiromei said:
biller said:

It's called Dead Leaves
But they didn't want to kill the baby. The baby sacrificed himself to save his parents.

No that's not it... when I say "when I was child" I meant about 10-15 years ago. And the baby wasn't a baby for long... it grew up REALLY fast and there was no father.. thanks for trying to help though.
May 10, 2011 11:16 AM

Feb 2011
kazukiyasha said:
Hiromei said:

I don't think I'm very helpful here, but as far as I know, the first thing that came to mind was Tsubasa Chronicles.
Her memory was scattered across different worlds, and in order to travel across the worlds to find them, he had to pay a price in return. So he decided to sacrifice all her memories that were related to him, and she will not remember him.

Yes thats it! thanks. I forgot to mention that part of memories scattered in different dimensions. Thanks a lot!

biller said:
Hiromei said:
biller said:

It's called Dead Leaves

No that's not it... when I say "when I was child" I meant about 10-15 years ago. And the baby wasn't a baby for long... it grew up REALLY fast and there was no father.. thanks for trying to help though.

oh ok, it sounded a lot like that movie tho, the baby in that movie also grew up really fast (from baby to old man in minutes). But i tried.

^^^^^Click^^^^
May 10, 2011 12:41 PM

Sep 2009
What's she from?
May 10, 2011 12:51 PM

Feb 2010
manami-chan669 said:
What's she from?

She's from Umineko no Naku Koro ni http://myanimelist.net/character/16719/Natsuhi_Ushiromiya
May 10, 2011 12:52 PM

Sep 2009
Aandora said:
manami-chan669 said:
What's she from?

She's from Umineko no Naku Koro ni http://myanimelist.net/character/16719/Natsuhi_Ushiromiya

Are you sure? She looks completely different...
Nvm, you're right. Thanks!
May 10, 2011 1:39 PM

Apr 2011
Can anyone tell me what anime this is from and possibly the character names? Thanks
May 10, 2011 1:42 PM

Aug 2010
The anime is called Motto To LOVE-Ru, the characters are Lala Satalin Deviluke, Rito Yuuki and his sister.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) « First ... « 69 70 [71] 72 73 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is your waifu self-aware of her beauty?

KryzakamiHrybami - 7 hours ago

6 by Serafos »»
4 minutes ago

» Need an anime expert to help answer my questions

CovertSphinx - 3 hours ago

6 by Kenzolo-folk »»
8 minutes ago

» Are there any characters which you wanted to see more but were killed early, forgotten or the anime itself was too short?

Shizuna - 9 hours ago

20 by cyandaqil »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » A question, what is worse when it comes to a bad anime

Dillq24 - Yesterday

24 by Kwanthemaster »»
31 minutes ago

» Which one would you prefer

JoeChip - 12 hours ago

22 by Kenzolo-folk »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.