Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 17, 2011 4:14 PM
Jan 2011
So a two part movie series has been made for the manga GANTZ, pretty much one of the most badass seinen manga ever made. Kinda skeptic about it, but the trailer made it look pretty good.

Its going to have a premiere event this coming Thursday in a bunch of American theaters, so I'm going to try and catch it. (check here to see if your theater has it http://www.fathomevents.com/originals/event/gantz.aspx)

Does anyone else know about this or plan on seeing it?
Jan 19, 2011 2:39 PM

Nov 2010
Yup, I am seeing it in NYC tomorrow! Can't wait!
Manga Therapy - Where Psychology & Manga Meet
http://www.mangatherapy.com
Jan 19, 2011 2:42 PM

Sep 2010
I'm watching it tommorow downtown with my younger brother :3

Jan 19, 2011 2:52 PM

Apr 2010
Hah, this might be one of the few live actions I'd ever see. According to the trailer, looks good.

Jan 20, 2011 8:19 PM

Feb 2010
I just got back from seeing it and I gotta say it was way better than i was expecting.
Jan 21, 2011 1:43 PM

Jan 2010
BigLanik said:
I just got back from seeing it and I gotta say it was way better than i was expecting.

true. they fixed the problem with kei kishimoto that the manga and anime had. AT LEAST SHE DID SOMETHING THIS TIME! THANK GOD!
Jan 22, 2011 7:31 PM

Jan 2008
how long is the movie and where did it end?
Jan 22, 2011 11:45 PM

Feb 2010
SwordWielder said:

I'm not sure how long it was but i'd say it was at least two hours but it was prob. alittle longer.

one of the things that sucked for me was I watched the anime while this live action follwed the manga (somewhat) at least that was my friend said who saw it with me and is reading the manga.

as far as the ending

I'm hoping they will show the second one at the theater i went to.
Jan 23, 2011 1:27 AM

Jan 2008
BigLanik said:
SwordWielder said:

I'm not sure how long it was but i'd say it was at least two hours but it was prob. alittle longer.

one of the things that sucked for me was I watched the anime while this live action follwed the manga (somewhat) at least that was my friend said who saw it with me and is reading the manga.

as far as the ending

There was a difference between the manga and the anime to the temple part?
I read the manga right after I finish with the Temple part... is that good?
Jan 23, 2011 1:27 AM

Jan 2008
BigLanik said:
SwordWielder said:

as far as the ending

There was a difference between the manga and the anime to the temple part?
I read the manga right after I finish with the Temple part... is that good?
Jan 24, 2011 8:53 AM

Sep 2010
ah shit :c can someone tell me if it was any good?
my father stopped me from going since my younger brother got an f ;_;
despair.

Jan 24, 2011 11:17 AM

Feb 2010
SwordWielder said:
There was a difference between the manga and the anime to the temple part? I read the manga right after I finish with the Temple part... is that good?

sorry im not good at explaining but the manga and anime are the same at the temple part. I meant there are other scenes in the live action that follow the manga. for example, the live action talked about two options you can do once you get 100 points. either get your memory erased and leave or revive a player from gantz's memory. the anime never went over reviving someone so that's why I had no clue it was even possible haha.
Mar 17, 2011 4:20 PM

Mar 2009
You know there's already rumors about America wanting to make a Gantz movie. Heh, not sure how I feel about that.
Mar 22, 2011 2:55 AM

May 2008
Can someone tell me when it's been subbed and released on the net? Ie dvdrip and not some shitty cam? Don't link in here, else you'll probably get banned. Just let us know with a message in this thread, and i'm sure we can find it ourselves. Or send me a PM. Thanks.
Sep 6, 2011 12:54 PM

Sep 2008
Been subbed for a while now.

Watched it a couple months ago with my boyfriend, and we both loved it for different reasons... I loved it because it followed the manga closely (expect for minor details, like Kurono's in college in the movie) and could easily be substituted for the first season. He liked it for the supersuits and gore, of course...lol, the only real complaints I hear about the movie is that they left out a lot of the nudity, but other than that it was spot on. Looking forward to the sequel, definitely.

I think they'll probably end up making more than two movies, they did fairly well in Japan...
xMatronxMalicexSep 6, 2011 1:06 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 83 Discussion

becool - Jun 17, 2013

9 by Blazinnie »»
Apr 17, 7:31 PM

» Gantz Deluxe Edition

Mila91 - Apr 8

4 by Sagepool »»
Apr 8, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 21 Discussion

BackLashWave - Jan 14, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Gantz Chapter 20 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Nov 17, 2012

6 by selasgamer »»
Mar 29, 6:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.