Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2009 5:17 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aoi scene...
Omg~ I feel like that was done so well ;~; I had to watch it again
Jun 26, 2009 12:18 AM

Jun 2009
It's official, this show rocks. Since around episode 6, every episode has been better than the last. The guys that do the Mai series know how to do drama. Why isn't this series more popular? It's so much better than more recognized shows like Code Geass, IMO. So was Mai Hime.. good stuff.

BTW, I kept expecting Arika to fly in and save Aoi. But, to tell you the truth i'm glad the show has the guts to do a scene like that. Because, lesser shows wouldn't have. Now, I just hope it dosen't have an ending like hime.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 9, 2009 7:38 PM

Jun 2008
insan3soldiern said:

BTW, I kept expecting Arika to fly in and save Aoi. But, to tell you the truth i'm glad the show has the guts to do a scene like that. Because, lesser shows wouldn't have. Now, I just hope it dosen't have an ending like hime.

An ending like Hime is what am afraid also. Sure they can put a happy ending but..

Really good drama in this episode. But once again we see how stupid people are even when they lose everything. Do they really think that the one responsible for all there miseries was a 14 year old queen that wasn't even a queen a few months ago? They are just looking for someone to blame. She wasn't really running the country. All the ministers were.
At such a young age she was nothing but a queen for show and stability.
Nothing more.
Jun 30, 2013 3:41 AM

Jul 2012
jaw dropped at Aoi jumping off that cliff... still dropped... holy crap! so pissed right now!! exclamation points can't even reflect how pissed i am right now.... hooray for mashiro's growth as a human being, but did it really have to be at the expense of Aoi?!? The loyal maid sacrifices her life for the sake of her princess but, noooooooooo. BS!!!!! could be the drink talking again,
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
May 25, 2015 7:57 PM
Aug 2008
Emotional ending of the episode !
The show is really good till now. I gave Mai-Hime a 9. I'm not sure what I'd give this, either a high 7 or 8. Anyway it's a good watchable show. The next 8 episodes could make me give it easily an 8, If the quality of most of it were like the previous two !
The scene was really good, the OST with Mashirou couldn't walk, Aoi looking, smiling then throwing herself.
Jun 11, 2015 10:33 PM
Apr 2015
Aoi!!! What a loyal and honorable maid all the way - she smiled and faced her own demise to the end!

Mashiro is going through a lot in this episode, and hopefully she really learns from all the experiences, otherwise Aoi just died for naught.
Aug 1, 2022 3:29 AM

Aug 2017
Good redemption arc for Mashiro, she seems to have understood a lot. It's not like empty retributivism would solve anything, though, folks just killed a helpless maid. Could've asked for restitution or something.

People worrying about HiME-like ending miss that

Well, maybe Aoi isn't dead because we didn't see her corpse...anime rule.

This show faces an interesting dilemma because of HiME, if it will have an ending like the predecessor (and we expect it), this would lead the viewer to give less weight to the dramatic moments. But then it could go in the opposite direction (we don't know) and then we'd better appreciate the drama rather than expect it to be "nullified"
Dec 18, 2023 6:38 AM
Dec 2019
I like how the show tries to portrait those poor homeless people as martyrs, morally above the queen and the politicians, only to do a 180° and show just how barbaric and uncivilized they are, threatening a woman whose only guilt was working as a maid in the castle and then cheering when she dropped down a cliff to her death... yeah very moral and upstanding people, if I were Mashiro and I'd ever get back into power I'd make sure to keep those barbarians away from my kingdom.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 17 Discussion

freddyncalm - May 15, 2009

8 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Aug 16, 9:48 AM

» There are 2 volumes in this Mai-Otome Ayane's Saga. One is Ayane's Descend and the next volume after is Ayane's Flight. Here is the sneak preview of the Ayane's Descend Prologue.

TPatrioticOtaku - Jan 25, 2022

2 by jelabarre59 »»
Feb 5, 7:33 PM

» Official name of the war in Mai Otome

jelabarre59 - Aug 26, 2022

2 by jelabarre59 »»
Feb 4, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

9 by whatever5464 »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:14 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 26 Discussion

skriticos - Feb 5, 2009

17 by St0rmblade »»
Aug 3, 2022 4:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.