Forum Settings
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2011 10:11 PM

Jan 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nice ending for this series. I liked how there was another mushi gathering like there was in chapter 1, those are very mysterious to me. Ginko was about to offer his life until the previous master stepped in and took his place, knowing full well what it meant. My only gripe is that I had hoped the final volume of this manga would contain more information about the forbidden mushi like volume 7 did. I really liked that arc as it brought back some familiar faces. Still it's a masterpiece 10/10 and my 2nd favorite manga behind Lone Wolf and Cub.
Jan 4, 2012 8:02 PM

Sep 2009
VitaX said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nice ending for this series. I liked how there was another mushi gathering like there was in chapter 1, those are very mysterious to me. Ginko was about to offer his life until the previous master stepped in and took his place, knowing full well what it meant. My only gripe is that I had hoped the final volume of this manga would contain more information about the forbidden mushi like volume 7 did. I really liked that arc as it brought back some familiar faces. Still it's a masterpiece 10/10 and my 2nd favorite manga behind Lone Wolf and Cub.
I had the exact same gripe. I expected it to wrap up the forbidden mushi arc, and the fact that I didn't was the only reason that I didn't rate it higher. I was kinda disappointed, but I loved the rest of it.
He tends to make my heart beat. <3
Feb 23, 2014 8:23 PM
Mar 2012
I felt a bit sorry for Kaya. I hoped for some closure with this series, but unfortunately it didn't happen. I'm still satisfied though with how it ended.
Mar 2, 2014 8:19 PM

Aug 2013
Mushishi is an outstanding manga. Beautiful art, and a lot of the stories are intriguing. Ginko is a great character as well. I like the manga better than the anime, and that's really saying something considering how good the anime is.
FallingSn0wAug 7, 2014 6:52 PM
May 7, 2014 4:15 PM

Dec 2011
orithyea said:
That scared me for a moment. I initially thought that Ginko was going to be the new mountain master. Such an amazing manga!

That's what I thought was going to happen too, but I was like nah after Ginko said that humans weren't suited to be masters of the mountain. This series just doesn't seem finished to me but I still enjoyed it nonetheless 8.5/10

Jul 18, 2014 11:05 AM

Aug 2012
Unsatisfying. I know the mangaka wanted to leave Ginko mysterious, but it feels like there is nothing else to know seeing that he spends most of his time doing trivial things like curing parasites. I liked chapters about Ginko and mountain gods, but overall the manga felt repetitive and not so exciting.
The mangaka could have done so much more with the series instead of "Ginko goes and cures another parasitic mushi".
Oct 24, 2015 3:12 PM

Nov 2009
"Mushishi Curtain Closes."

In the same intensity that I wish I could know more about Ginko, I'm also glad that I don't. Many things about the world are left unanswered, maybe because the story really isn't about anything other than one thing in particular: the mushis.
I still feel like something is missing, but I can't explain it myself. It's probably the repetitive aspect of it that bothered me. In the end, it started bothering me less and less.

8/10
ak47Oct 24, 2015 3:15 PM

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Aug 27, 2017 5:51 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Great manga love it. Ginko is great and I will watch the anime eps before switching to the newer releases

Aug 17, 2018 5:37 PM

Feb 2017
What a noble decision by Kaya.
Feb 6, 2020 10:19 AM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
This last chapter was a nice way to end the series. Although I'm usually not a fan of open endings, the nature of this manga calls for nothing else. Even after this, Ginko's travels feel as if they haven't stopped, and the countless lives he's touched continue to move forward.

Mushishi is a manga like no other. Looking back, it feels like I read 48 different stories, experiencing each of their joys, sorrows, accomplishments, failures, but most importantly their pain. I honestly do not regret reading this.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Feb 12, 2023 7:23 AM

May 2020
This is a pretty good manga even though it is mostly episodic. I don’t usually enjoy episodic media that just go on and on but this one maintained a consistent and enjoyable tone throughout its run, so it was pretty enjoyable.

I am disappointed by the ending though because it just feels like a full stop in the middle of a sentence that isn’t complete. I’m not saying there needed to be a big bad for Ginko to defeat or anything but just ending like that is a bit anti-climatic. 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushishi Chapter 9 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Feb 23, 2014

6 by FancyUnicorn »»
Jun 29, 2023 2:27 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Chapter 10 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Feb 23, 2014

6 by UnoPuntoCinco »»
May 2, 2023 2:43 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Chapter 7 Discussion

VitaX - Aug 21, 2011

9 by M_TGO »»
Nov 30, 2022 11:06 AM

» Anime Vs Manga

Zekonze - Aug 23, 2020

5 by Dontbannedmemal7 »»
Sep 16, 2022 6:05 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Chapter 48 Discussion

WeabooTV - Jul 18, 2013

6 by Zeryphalix »»
Mar 18, 2021 8:49 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.