Forum Settings
Forums

Why do anime heroes always choose to stay alone behind?

New
Jul 4, 5:57 AM

Nov 2019
Why do anime heroes always choose to stay alone behind? Are those words on the streets true, that this is the reason they choose to remain at their post, instead of following their comrades?

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jul 4, 6:07 AM

Aug 2017
There are a lot of reasons:

1. Its a common trope or trend for heroes to "make the ultimate sacrifice", also known as "the captain going down with his ship" mentality.

2. Depending on the anime or media, its often an ego thing for the hero so they feel better about themselves.

3. Its what people think bravery looks like.

So yeah, it depends on your understanding of how the east views bravery and how the west views bravery.
Jul 4, 6:07 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
'Cause they want to look cool. Same reason for why they always must have female companions or a harem so they can save a damsel in distress when they get in trouble.
AzuchiJul 4, 6:10 AM
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jul 4, 6:22 AM

Sep 2016
Why do anime heroes always choose to stay alone behind?

Because they wanna score virtue points by appearing as selfless heroes.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 4, 7:04 AM
May 2012
Very often anime characters encounter unbalanced fights with OP enemies and having so many weak useless characters means that they can't help at all but quite the opposite having to waste resources to protect them who are better off leaving.
Usually in a fight session the strength level is paired, a weak character gets a weak enemy, otherwise you end up having characters that never do anything.
Jul 4, 7:17 AM

May 2018
It's the coolest thing to do.
Also it's not restricted only to anime. Jack Burton from Big Trouble in Little China does that too...and he is the coolest moronic protagonist who is actually a sidekick in fiction.

Some quotes from him:

Everybody relax, I’m here!

I’m a reasonable guy. But, I’ve just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Like I told my last wife, I says, “Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it’s all in the reflexes.

Just remember what ol’ Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol’ storm right square in the eye and he says, “Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
alshuJul 4, 7:29 AM

More topics from this board

» Your character red flags

LeonhartAugust - 3 hours ago

5 by JustMaya »»
48 seconds ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9213 by appledude1221 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Favourite Fiction here?

Diamtheroad - Yesterday

21 by MeguSae38 »»
3 minutes ago

» What comes in mind after saw this word?

nirererin - Yesterday

23 by Akuya »»
19 minutes ago

» Who is your favorite shota?

Shizuna - 9 hours ago

23 by Shizuna »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.