Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 30, 9:46 AM
Apr 2021
I want to know why many people didn't enjoy this season cause I enjoyed it. However, I'm not much of a criticizer and generally enjoy almost everything I watch and understand when people don't like most things but when looking through all of the hate for this season all I could see was people hating on the world-building and I don't understand that. The other thing I saw was people saying it felt a bit slow at times which I do agree with. But can someone make me understand what people didn't like about this season? Also, I do know some things aren't for everyone this is just me wondering why people are hating on world-building.
Jun 30, 10:54 AM
Jan 2023
Dscott555 said:
I want to know why many people didn't enjoy this season cause I enjoyed it. However, I'm not much of a criticizer and generally enjoy almost everything I watch and understand when people don't like most things but when looking through all of the hate for this season all I could see was people hating on the world-building and I don't understand that. The other thing I saw was people saying it felt a bit slow at times which I do agree with. But can someone make me understand what people didn't like about this season? Also, I do know some things aren't for everyone this is just me wondering why people are hating on world-building.

I like this season pretty much
Jun 30, 11:01 AM

Sep 2018
I think most people including myself loved this season. Obviously the series is not for everyone though.
Jun 30, 11:04 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
There was someone who rated this 1 saying it was so boring and nothing happened and was basically a slide show compared to season 1. Making me wonder if that person was drunk or what.
I enjoyed this season myself, but like you said, there were some slow parts but that happens in all anime. Sucks when you plan this to be the last anime you watch for the day and it's a mediocre episode but it is what it is.
Can't remember what next arc is but I'm looking forward to it.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jun 30, 11:09 AM

Jul 2015
This season was a noticeable downgrade compared to the first one mostly due to addition of several barely relevant characters, that had little to no contribution to the story and just wasted screentime.
PiromyslJun 30, 1:31 PM

Jun 30, 11:38 AM
Dec 2021
I think it's because of the "Hate Isekais" Tradition
Jun 30, 11:49 AM
Mar 2021
this season was pretty good and fast phased compare to the 1st but animation was the only downgrade but u can see character designs were really good and storytelling or screenplay was the best....! compared to mushoku tensei this season will win with storytelling
Anime Rules the world
Jun 30, 11:51 AM
Nov 2020
I found myself just kinda bored with the first half of this season, thinking to myself what differentiates this season from all of the other isekai's I've watched. Seeing the student arc just wasn't really my thing. You could say we'll you just want action, but I didn't mind the beginning of slime this season, which was also said to be slow.
Jun 30, 12:25 PM
Jun 2023
I liked it too but a few episodes felt like fillers and compared to season 1 overall animation quality decreased
Jun 30, 12:31 PM
Jan 2021
the thing I hated the most was how the first like 4 episodes were focused on the heros and giving them development, and after finishing the season, I feel it was for naught. The two of them were barely in it past those episodes, making any development feel wasted.
Jun 30, 12:47 PM

Nov 2019
huge dragging middle portion, no stakes, less reasons to like the main cast, annoying new additions - the list can go on...

That being said, I personally don't hate it.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jun 30, 12:59 PM
Oct 2022
Piromysl said:
This season was a noticeable downgrade compared to the fist one mostly due to addition of several barely relevant characters, that has little to no contribution to the story and just wasted screentime.

Exactly this. A lot of in-depth training of students and adventures of two separate heroes was a huge split in the attention of the show compared to the 1st season.

It basically felt like Season 1 was said "This is what the show is about?"
The audience responded, "Cool. We're down to watch more of that."
Then season 2 came out and yelled, "Bait and Switch!!"
Jun 30, 1:07 PM
May 2021
I like this season but not as much as season 1, felt too less focus on makoto also felt many things were skipped from manga, that break the continuity of the story!
I felt like they could have introduced heros in an ova or special or something and added the parts for good continuity!
Jun 30, 2:08 PM
Jul 2015
It is popular to hate. Or at least that is what those fools believe. "Look at me, I'm so cool, I hate some fictional lines on a paper!"
Jun 30, 2:21 PM
Jul 2020
I enjoyed the first half of this season more than the entire first season and the second half of this one to be honest.

The shift in focus to the heroes and the school training arc were more fun to me than all the excess showing how Makoto and his companions are a neutral third party in the war much stronger than either side in it and about how heroes are small fish.

Also, while I liked Makoto's fight against Io at the end of the season, his fight against Sophia is just... emotionless. It could be a great fight, but it's just the overpowered protagonist crushing an enemy who desperately gives his all. For me it wasn't bad because of the animation, but because of how everything was written.

I'm not saying that I would like it to be a shounen anime type of fight (which I'm not going to lie, I quite like it), but I think when a protagonist starts to make light of things that happen or make little effort in serious fights, the story and characters tend to get boring.

I gave the first season an 8 and this one a 7 because of how bittersweet the ending was for me. Knowing how this type of story tends to go, I don't know if I'll watch the third one when it comes out.
Jun 30, 3:01 PM
Sep 2020
this season has a higher rating than the last one, 7.8 at the time of this comment. I think you have just seen a few people hating because this score shows most people enjoyed this show, 7.8 is very good especially for just a fun isekai like this.
Jun 30, 4:18 PM
Dec 2022
Dscott555 said:

When i started to watch it weekly,
compared to the previous season it did feel slow & boring that's why i stopped watching it...
I mean waiting for a whole week then you find that the story is going nowhere it's kinda frustrating.

Then i binged watch the whole series..
only after that I liked it..

slow paced shows are better when you watch it all at once like "jobless reincarnation"...
Jun 30, 11:40 PM
Jun 2022
I personally liked the first season more, but this season is in no way 'bad'.

It feels slow at times but it did show what it wanted to show pretty well.

Nothing mind-blowing but a solid season regardless.
Jul 1, 12:09 AM
Dec 2021
I was a really good season, but I think all the people saying it's a bad season probably meant the first half of the season with hero's stories, no-one wants to see an arrogant side character collecting girls
Jul 1, 12:32 AM
Jul 2021
Season was boring and not much happened till like episode 15/16.

I still mostly enjoyed it but the entire first half felt like filler.
Jul 1, 2:04 AM
Dec 2018
I really enjoyed this anime I think it's really good, I even watched the first season twice.
But I think some people like to see the MC being weak instead of strong op character
Jul 1, 7:37 PM
Jan 2021
i found this season useless. everything important that happened could have been summed up to 5 episodes. it was 20 episodes of nothing and waiting every week just to be disappointed again was the worst. this season tried to be clever and give depth to the world but instead it focused on useless stuff.

edit: oh and the entire fight with the MC was too boring as well. he barely did anything and just stood there most of the time since it was so easy. they hyped up his enemy so much just so he can beat her without breaking a sweat. and let's not forget the cliche of having to keep his identity secret for the female hero because she'd recognize him from his last life. there was no need for that since she was never a bad person he just wanted to be edgy.
MrFlakeyJul 1, 7:42 PM
Yesterday, 1:24 PM
Jul 2023
this season is really good..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24

60 by FONZACUS »»
Yesterday, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18

45 by Sugram22 »»
Jul 1, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11

53 by Sugram22 »»
Jul 1, 2:04 AM

» Dang, Misumi Tomoe & Mio

nyaasar - Jun 28

16 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Jun 29, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3

63 by yami_san »»
Jun 28, 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.