Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 24, 1:59 PM
Apr 2024
I know this is an original anime but this was surprisingly well made and over passed my expectations,this season does wrap up nicely but is there a chance for a season 2 or ova or anything of that sort?
Jun 24, 2:06 PM

Feb 2021
I highly doubt, shows like this I think, were designed from the beginning to have a closed ending.
Jun 24, 2:10 PM

Jun 2024
i mean it would be rly cool to have some extra stuff, but i dunno where theyd go from the ending. everythings wrapped up
Jun 24, 2:10 PM

Sep 2022
When it comes to original anime it's difficult and the ending seems conclusive to me. So I would say no.

Jun 24, 2:11 PM
Apr 2024
MadanielFL said:
I highly doubt, shows like this I think, were designed from the beginning to have a closed ending.

Kinda knew that but it still hurts, the problem being studios can't do original anime sequels because they are either busy or they usually mess it up later on
Jun 24, 6:08 PM
Jan 2023
If you want more check out the light novel adaptation, which is supposed to have more detail than the anime.
Jun 24, 7:44 PM

Jun 2019
Unlikely not only because it's an original anime series, but because it wraps up quite conclusively for the story they wanted to tell - that is, as a snapshot around this specific section of these girls' lives and the whole saga around forming JELEE, rediscovering themselves, and coming into their own in the world. They graduate, created a shared project, and gain long-term or potentially lifelong friends around their shared passion.

Especially the earlier episodes before it gets more drama heavy and focused on a specific conflict, the show has a kind of Slice of Life flow and feel so it's one that you could easily make dozens or hundreds more episodes of the girls just doing music together as a group, by themselves, with new friends and in different pairings - doing visual arts, school life, etc. and have it go on for a very long time if it was intended to be a more expansive long-running franchise. But I sincerely doubt it was.

So it's not one I'd really either expect or even ask for a second season as it's one which seems successfully enough concluded with what is there, but it would be nice to have one or a few OVA special episodes, preferably set at some point down the line in the future showing us where the girls are now six months later, a year later, etc. based on continuity from the ending of the main series. And especially if it was only one or a few, those wouldn't have to be story-intensive but just relaxed SoL episodes. Maybe a way to feature their experiences in their different respective schools and how they still find time to meet up and practice or plan outside of that at nights and/or on the weekends, any unresolved romance, etc.
WatchTillTandavaJun 24, 7:47 PM
Jun 24, 7:44 PM
Dec 2021
maybe a movie if anything? i cant really see this getting a whole nother season (as much as id love it to)
Jun 25, 12:09 AM

May 2021
Reply to Dastyy
maybe a movie if anything? i cant really see this getting a whole nother season (as much as id love it to)
@Dastyy Yeah I'm with you. I'd really enjoy some sort of continuation, whether that be a movie or a special. Just not super certain that's in the cards after how the show finished.

All good though I'm still bumping JELEE in my speakers for years to come.
Jun 25, 1:55 AM
Feb 2018
This show and Girls Band Cry were too similar and kinda cannibalized each other stopping themselves to blow out.
Jun 25, 2:09 AM
Mar 2024
I'm not looking forward to the 2nd season at all. the 1st season was so bad. I wish I will never see any animates which 屋久 act as scriptwritter
Jun 25, 2:15 AM
Mar 2024
FreedomKME said:
This show and Girls Band Cry were too similar and kinda cannibalized each other stopping themselves to blow out.

These two animates have few similarities.
Jun 25, 4:14 AM
Feb 2021
oh god yes please I need s2, we still have unconcluded (is that a word?) stuff like kiwi and koharu, JELEE's career as some of them go to uni and most importantly, MORE SHIZUE-BABA!!!!

Oh, and Mahiru x Kano too I guess.
Jun 25, 5:33 AM

Jun 2019
FreedomKME said:

Only the premise was similar. Synopses could be created for both of them which would leave the reader feeling they're near-identical, but after actually watching both series, the experience is rather substantially different. Girls Band Cry is about a traditional band and is more intensely drama-focused; the characters' dynamics and chemistry is also different. The girls are different ages and from all over, just moving to the city to make it big. Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai is about a very modern mixed media internet project, girls are all the same age and from the same city/at same point in life in terms of their school year/etc., and is closer to CGDCT and Slice of Life especially in the first half.

Though admittedly when it starts to rely more on drama in the second half then it feels a little more similar. I think GBC handled its drama better and Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai should have stuck to being more of a SoL show.
Jun 26, 2:29 AM
Dec 2021
The whole cast waving hands for saying goodbye means it’s finished imo
Jun 26, 5:47 AM
Dec 2020
it literally said the end

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

128 by JamalPenguinz »»
35 minutes ago

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6

217 by lasodamos »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

168 by k_kindawatchAnim »»
4 hours ago

» Worst Yuri Bait, I have seen in Years ( 1 2 )

Theannoy3rd1 - Jun 22

50 by Tacsk0 »»
7 hours ago

» All the MVs from JELEE

MegamiRem - May 4

15 by MegamiRem »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.