Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 12, 6:54 PM

Jul 2021
Okay I know this sounds crazy but hear me out. In season 2 He erased not murdered around 20k soldiers to become a demon lord. If you are not thinking you would say this is okay because they attacked Tempest first. But if you look closely Most or maybe 90% of those 20k soldiers did not personally attack tempest.

Sure they are about to attack but before they erased (erased means they cannot be reincarnated because rimuru devoured there souls in order to become a demon lord) they are just in stand by and awaiting orders.

And I can still argue that Most of them probably think that they are attacking Savage monster that kill people. and in one of the scene in season 2 this soldiers have family waiting for them to comeback.

So rimuru just sacrificing there souls to become a demon lord even thought most of them did nothing wrong to tempest is I think WAY MORE EVIL than griffith did in berserk! (in griffith case he only sacrifice a few hundred of people)

And the FUNNY thing is the people who are responsible for the attack in tempest almost got away with it. The king, the bishop and Ramzas the mage only got a slap on the wrist when diablo turn them to a pile of meat, BUT after that they are living like nothing happen!!!

Is this crazy talk??!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 12, 7:00 PM

Jul 2015
I don't feel like explaining the obvious, so you should know you're wrong about everything.
It was completely normal response to completely unprovoked hostility and Rinmuru also sent a message to everyone who would try doing that again in the future.
Also, it was 100k, not 20k.
PiromyslJun 12, 7:03 PM

Jun 12, 7:05 PM
Apr 2022
RjtheGreat14 said:
Okay I know this sounds crazy but hear me out. In season 2 He erased not murdered around 20k soldiers to become a demon lord. If you are not thinking you would say this is okay because they attacked Tempest first. But if you look closely Most or maybe 90% of those 20k soldiers did not personally attack tempest.

Sure they are about to attack but before they erased (erased means they cannot be reincarnated because rimuru devoured there souls in order to become a demon lord) they are just in stand by and awaiting orders.

And I can still argue that Most of them probably think that they are attacking Savage monster that kill people. and in one of the scene in season 2 this soldiers have family waiting for them to comeback.

So rimuru just sacrificing there souls to become a demon lord even thought most of them did nothing wrong to tempest is I think WAY MORE EVIL than griffith did in berserk! (in griffith case he only sacrifice a few hundred of people)

And the FUNNY thing is the people who are responsible for the attack in tempest almost got away with it. The king, the bishop and Ramzas the mage only got a slap on the wrist when diablo turn them to a pile of meat, BUT after that they are living like nothing happen!!!

Is this crazy talk??!

You watching new type of a tensura
Jun 12, 7:08 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Piromysl
I don't feel like explaining the obvious, so you should know you're wrong about everything.
It was completely normal response to completely unprovoked hostility and Rinmuru also sent a message to everyone who would try doing that again in the future.
Also, it was 100k, not 20k.
@Piromysl My main gripe is he killed the 100k soldiers that most of them did nothing wrong, BUT the people who order the attack to tempest, The king, the bishop and Ramza got almost no punishment?!!
Jun 12, 8:23 PM
Dec 2021
Aren't demon lords generally evil? Rimuru hasn't been afraid to kill from the start of the show anyways..
Jun 12, 8:26 PM

Jan 2021
everything is fair in war..... u think russian soldiers shouldn't be killed even if Putin is the bad guy for Ukraine?
That's the reason War is to be prohibited as much as possible
From a political standpoint Rimuru always wished to avoid wars such that the neighbouring kingdoms would accept monster nation Tempest as a Verified nonhostile country...
look at s3 rimuru never wanted to wage war even when odds were against him .... but war did occur even then he tried to reduce deaths
Also the sacrifice that the kingdom has made 100k soldiers was purely their risk factor
soldiers join wars knowing something like this may occur!
Jun 12, 8:50 PM
Feb 2021
Rimuru is no hero lol. He's basically the same as Ains from Overlord, except a much more boring MC.
Jun 12, 9:11 PM
Jan 2023
RjtheGreat14 said:

Is this crazy talk??!

Watch Overlord the MC is kindhearted
Jun 12, 9:56 PM
Dec 2023
RjtheGreat14 said:

Is this crazy talk??!

j you should really watch overlord or it's light novel because only 5℅ of the brutality of this whole isekai masterpiece is shown in 'That time I got reincarnation as a slime'. Rimuru is just the worst kind of Demon Lord when it comes to being an evil entity. He's a powerful and very good strategist but lack cruelty
Jun 12, 10:10 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Imagine_Breakr
everything is fair in war..... u think russian soldiers shouldn't be killed even if Putin is the bad guy for Ukraine?
That's the reason War is to be prohibited as much as possible
From a political standpoint Rimuru always wished to avoid wars such that the neighbouring kingdoms would accept monster nation Tempest as a Verified nonhostile country...
look at s3 rimuru never wanted to wage war even when odds were against him .... but war did occur even then he tried to reduce deaths
Also the sacrifice that the kingdom has made 100k soldiers was purely their risk factor
soldiers join wars knowing something like this may occur!
@Imagine_Breakr sure everything is fair in war, But the total annihilation of the opponents army very rarely happen!

Usually when the enemy force of about 20% get destroyed, the war is already over.

If rimuru really just want to send a message he can just destroyed only 20% of the enemy army.
Jun 12, 11:06 PM
Jun 2021
By killing 20k solders and becoming demon lord, he has now effectively deterred every other nation barring other demon lords to not attack him unprovoked. It's bit like US using atom bomb. Is it evil, yes. Was it necessary, also yes.
Jun 13, 12:15 AM
Nov 2018
As in soldiers did nothing wrong. They entered into another country armed and ready to fight. They knew why they were going to Tempest to kill and take control of the forest. Even though they failed at their attempt they are not innocent. Do I think Rimeru took it to far that's debatable. As in his actions you can say he was defending his home. I have to rewatch the episodes, I think he wanted the invasion to begin with, so he can absorb them for the demon seed. In this one time I think he really didn't have a choice. If he sent the army home without taking so many lives he would of been viewed as someone weak and they could get away with harassing Tempest.
Jun 13, 12:30 AM
Oct 2021
braindead post 💀
Jun 13, 12:33 AM
Feb 2023
RjtheGreat14 said:
@Piromysl My main gripe is he killed the 100k soldiers that most of them did nothing wrong, BUT the people who order the attack to tempest, The king, the bishop and Ramza got almost no punishment?!!

dude you losing it sure they "did nothing wrong" but you're forgetting they were sent there to attack tempest, sure let's say they never kill anyone or do any damage but they're still in the wrong that's the equivalent of saying someone attempted a murder but it commit it so they should be free from all punishment
Jun 13, 1:08 AM
May 2022
Rimuru is not evil if u fuck with his people he will fuck u up.
Jun 13, 1:14 AM
Apr 2022
He is a Demon Lord, I'm not saying he's actually evil, that's mean something. Though, he killed 20k people because tha war taken the lives of those who he cared about. Becoming a Demon Lord by sacrificing 20k souls was the only way he could revive Shion and those who died
Jun 13, 2:24 AM

Jul 2015
RjtheGreat14 said:

All three were actually turned into mincemeat, but were later revived in order to spread the message of what happened.

Jun 13, 3:01 AM
Apr 2022
RjtheGreat14 said:

Is this crazy talk??!

Anyone can be good or bad, a saint or a demon.

It depends on the amount of information you have or the emotional state of the person making the judgement.

And about the soldiers not being responsible for attack on tempest.

I've lived long enough to know that neither thier world nor ours is kind enough that "nothing bad will happen to you if you haven't done anything bad to anyone "

And just the choice of being a soldier / holding a weapon means that you are willing to die for a cause if you don't have enough power survive.
Jun 13, 3:02 AM
Mar 2024
he is but the anime makes whole tensura world naive
Jun 13, 3:30 AM
Jun 2014
RjtheGreat14 said:

Is this crazy talk??!

To say the king bishop and razen got away with next to no punishment is far from correct (also saying Diablo turned them to meat piles makes me think u don’t watch the show)

Shion was in charge of “interrogating” the three prisons she straight up tortured them for days using her master chef skill to bend reality so what she did to them wouldn’t kill them (if that isn’t giving you signs of how horrific she was to them…) she was literally chopping there skin off to creat sashimi with their flesh and then healing them back up with potions she was chopping and morphing there bodies while continuing to heal them and using her skill to make sure they wouldn’t actually die untill in the end they were piles of meat not to mention the fact there minds had been completely broken to the point they would do anything and everything rimuru would have told them you can then add to that the fact Diablo used the tempter skill on them to make sure they had 0 chance of betraying them.

On top of that the people he killed had every intention of burning raping and pillaging tempest it’s what these army’s do they would have killed every last living thing in tempest because they could and it was their job to do so not to mention their religion forbids the existence of monsters so even if the kids begged for their lives they would have been slaughtered by any one of them soldiers

Rimuru did what he did to protect his home and friends and even to bring his friends back from the dead nothing evil about it he did not attack first he did not send threats or hate to cause this war he simple made money and that made people jealous so they attacked him with the intention to wipe them all off the face of the earth

Thank you for listening
Jun 13, 3:43 AM

Aug 2023
I'm mean he is a demon lord and all
Jun 13, 3:56 AM
I come in peace!
Apr 2024
F2Error385RR said:
braindead post 💀

...at first glance, yeah I thought so too. Read thru some nice posts though. Nexus1987n11, nice description on Shion's interrogation tactics.

Simply put though: They poked a friendly sleepy bear too hard...

and paid dearly for it.
Jun 13, 4:21 AM
Mar 2022
This is the most rage bait post I've ever seen. Watch the show with your eyes open please.
Jun 13, 4:33 AM
Jun 2024
who said you he is supposed to be a hero if I was in his place I would kill the whole empire even if they did nothing

I mean who's gonna stop me
Jun 13, 5:11 AM
Aug 2021
RjtheGreat14 said:

Is this crazy talk??!

yes he devoured all soldiers in order to become demon lord so that he could save his dead comrades.
Jun 13, 5:50 AM
Oct 2019
You genuinely have no brain
Jun 13, 6:09 AM
Jun 2023
DoobieSam said:
Rimuru is no hero lol. He's basically the same as Ains from Overlord, except a much more boring MC.

Lol. Ains literally genocided one nation in the war he started, because he is stupid and can't say no to his subordinates. And I didn't find any other motivation behind it. (that's what I know from anime adaptation)
Jun 13, 6:17 AM

Aug 2021
well he is a demon lord so what can I say
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Jun 13, 6:18 AM
Jun 2023
FlyingBacon365 said:
Aren't demon lords generally evil? Rimuru hasn't been afraid to kill from the start of the show anyways..

no , demon lords are not evil in tensura, they are same as humans , or they even protect humans
Jun 13, 7:30 AM
Dec 2020
Sackyman5 said:
This is the most rage bait post I've ever seen. Watch the show with your eyes open please.

Facts, it’s like no one here has even watched it lol.
He only became a demon lord to resurrect his people.
And the only way to do that was to consume that many souls.
He was pissed too 🤷‍♂️
Jun 13, 7:42 AM

Mar 2012
A soldier who goes to war is prepared to die. And in every war each side believes they are right.

Killing 1 or 20k is just as bad. Historically, there were civilizations completely devastated in wars.

I don't know what the point of the post is, to make someone see that the same person can do good and evil in different circumstances?
From my point of view what is wrong... is wrong, and at the same time I can understand the reasons for their actions. But understanding and analyzing the matter is not the same as justifying it, I don't know it can add much to the matter.
Jun 13, 7:46 AM
Jun 2014
1bubb1 said:
F2Error385RR said:
braindead post 💀

...at first glance, yeah I thought so too. Read thru some nice posts though. Nexus1987n11, nice description on Shion's interrogation tactics.

Simply put though: They poked a friendly sleepy bear too hard...

and paid dearly for it.

Thanks 😊 hope I got it correct 🙃❤️
Jun 13, 7:54 AM
Feb 2021
donslockz said:
DoobieSam said:

Lol. Ains literally genocided one nation in the war he started, because he is stupid and can't say no to his subordinates. And I didn't find any other motivation behind it. (that's what I know from anime adaptation)

They are both conquerors
Jun 13, 8:38 AM
Feb 2017
You guys are forgetting why he became a Demon Lord in the first place, he became one to save all of his friends who were killed by Falmuth. Rimuru is not evil they were at war with Falmuth all he did was beat them and it did send a message to any hostile entities that said "come after my Nation this is what will happen to your army"
Jun 13, 11:44 AM
Sep 2023
I mean, they did stomp into his territory, commit mass murder and trash the whole place, so it's kinda justified to kill them all for revenge. Plus, they declared war on tempest by doing so, which means they were asking for it
Jun 13, 12:04 PM
Oct 2020
What is this post? Do you even know what a demon lord is? You don't become a demon lord by holding hands and singing songs. Rimeru will only get more ruthless to protect his people and country. He is a demon lord, holder of one of the seven sin series skills
Jun 13, 1:12 PM
Sep 2022
Well, he is a demon lord.
Jun 13, 2:33 PM
Dec 2021
man its almost like having a morally gray protagonist is more interesting than a perfect and rightious protagonist
Jun 13, 5:31 PM
Nov 2017
He need to retaliate that hard to show the world he can do crazy shit but prefer peace.
Other way, more and more kingdom will try to do foolish things to his new country.
ilusatusJun 13, 5:34 PM
Jun 13, 6:31 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to nexus1987n11
RjtheGreat14 said:

Is this crazy talk??!

To say the king bishop and razen got away with next to no punishment is far from correct (also saying Diablo turned them to meat piles makes me think u don’t watch the show)

Shion was in charge of “interrogating” the three prisons she straight up tortured them for days using her master chef skill to bend reality so what she did to them wouldn’t kill them (if that isn’t giving you signs of how horrific she was to them…) she was literally chopping there skin off to creat sashimi with their flesh and then healing them back up with potions she was chopping and morphing there bodies while continuing to heal them and using her skill to make sure they wouldn’t actually die untill in the end they were piles of meat not to mention the fact there minds had been completely broken to the point they would do anything and everything rimuru would have told them you can then add to that the fact Diablo used the tempter skill on them to make sure they had 0 chance of betraying them.

On top of that the people he killed had every intention of burning raping and pillaging tempest it’s what these army’s do they would have killed every last living thing in tempest because they could and it was their job to do so not to mention their religion forbids the existence of monsters so even if the kids begged for their lives they would have been slaughtered by any one of them soldiers

Rimuru did what he did to protect his home and friends and even to bring his friends back from the dead nothing evil about it he did not attack first he did not send threats or hate to cause this war he simple made money and that made people jealous so they attacked him with the intention to wipe them all off the face of the earth

Thank you for listening
@nexus1987n11 Sure the king bishop and ramzen got tortured but is that worst than getting your soul eaten??? and The torture I think did not last a week. and after the torture the king bishop and ramzen basically return to their normal lives!

So its kinda unfair to those poor soldiers that technically did nothing wrong to tempest while the people who ordered the attack almost got away with it! that's my point.
Jun 14, 2:11 AM
Mar 2022
thought you cracked the case huh
Jun 14, 4:07 AM

Aug 2019
RjtheGreat14 said:
Is this crazy talk??!

Yes, this is crazy talk.
Preemptively destroying your enemies is not evil in a war.
These people wanted financial gain by murdering their peaceful neighbors.
Even if 90% of them didn't do anything yet because they didn't arrive to Tempest. But 100% of them would kill if given the order to do so.
And they were aware that these monsters are sentient and not savage. Tempest is famous at this point and everyone knows they don't attack humans, but welcome them and trade with them.
You also missed the part that Rimuru knows that if he doesn't kill these soldiers, Clayman will, and take their souls and evolve to a demon lord. So they were done for either way.
Jun 14, 4:38 AM
Oct 2022
DoobieSam said:

Ainz is much more boring all that is interesting is that his actions are infuriating because he can barely make an idea by himself
Jun 14, 6:24 AM
Feb 2019
Rimuru killing 20k Falmuth soldiers and templar knights were justified, to protect his nation, his people and his beloved friends, and to revive his people and friends who were killed by Falmuth soldiers. You think that's evil for you? Rimuru didn't even provoke Falmuth in the first place, he just wants to build a nation free from any conflicts.

Falmuth invasion to Tempest is the prime definition of "fuck around and find out".
Jun 14, 7:35 AM
Mar 2021
a part of being king is knowing when to be cruel
Jun 14, 9:16 AM

Oct 2018
If you want peace, prepare for war.
Jun 14, 3:57 PM
Jun 2014
RjtheGreat14 said:
@nexus1987n11 Sure the king bishop and ramzen got tortured but is that worst than getting your soul eaten??? and The torture I think did not last a week. and after the torture the king bishop and ramzen basically return to their normal lives!

So its kinda unfair to those poor soldiers that technically did nothing wrong to tempest while the people who ordered the attack almost got away with it! that's my point.

Trust me I would rather rimuru eat my soul than have what shion did to them 3 happen to me
Jun 14, 4:18 PM

Sep 2018
Morality in war is always grey. Many soldiers on all sides of war can be good people who follow their respective leaders, and do it to pay their families bills. Rimuru was pretty much punishing invaders in which they did recieve a warning even in the story. Rimuru siding with his citizens over some invaders is like siding with your family over strangers in issues. I do not think Rimuru is evil though that entire concept is made to make it so you justify your own worldview as the rightous path. Everyone has their own definitions of it.
Jun 15, 1:32 AM

Jun 2024
Reply to rohan121
Morality in war is always grey. Many soldiers on all sides of war can be good people who follow their respective leaders, and do it to pay their families bills. Rimuru was pretty much punishing invaders in which they did recieve a warning even in the story. Rimuru siding with his citizens over some invaders is like siding with your family over strangers in issues. I do not think Rimuru is evil though that entire concept is made to make it so you justify your own worldview as the rightous path. Everyone has their own definitions of it.
@rohan121 very well said.

"It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence"
-Monke
Jun 15, 3:05 AM

Feb 2016
Not gonna shit talk to you, I mean, you do, somewhat, have a point, but I wanna let you know that you are watching Tensura the wrong way, please stop and enjoy.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Today

36 by SenseiSempai-san »»
42 minutes ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30

93 by KingBaller06 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 6

73 by Magicmist »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5

86 by FMmatron »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13

69 by Rasco »»
7 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.