Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
May 28, 9:25 PM
Dec 2011
How do you think they're holding up?
It's incredible they were able to invite most if not all of the original cast.
May 28, 9:32 PM
Dec 2022
I watched it dub through except for maybe an OVA. But yea, they held up pretty well. Ian Sinclair, Brina Palencia and the rest.
May 29, 3:59 AM
May 2021
i feel like their voices didn't change at all, they sound just as they sounded back then. They are amazing!
May 29, 10:29 AM

Apr 2020
I feel like Ciel's voice isn't as cold - distant - strict as it used to sound. Not always though and it's not disappointing in any case
May 30, 2:48 PM

Jan 2021
Honestly, I can't remember probably even 1 Japanese actor who would get some change in voice after years (I mean, some really drastic change, unless they are really old or they were really young back then). I am periodically watching some shows and movies on top of the anime and I see some actors after 10-15 years and they have basically still the same voice.

When I would compare this to Central Europe, where do I live, it's really so different. Here you can somehow hear the difference after 10-15 years. In case of some people even after shorter period of time. And some people have literally some vocal gradient so they have some changes every 5 years or so.

Of course it's a win win situation for us, fans.
Jun 27, 9:14 PM

Mar 2015
Reply to Chanoyu
Honestly, I can't remember probably even 1 Japanese actor who would get some change in voice after years (I mean, some really drastic change, unless they are really old or they were really young back then). I am periodically watching some shows and movies on top of the anime and I see some actors after 10-15 years and they have basically still the same voice.

When I would compare this to Central Europe, where do I live, it's really so different. Here you can somehow hear the difference after 10-15 years. In case of some people even after shorter period of time. And some people have literally some vocal gradient so they have some changes every 5 years or so.

Of course it's a win win situation for us, fans.
@Chanoyu Actually, the older actors are already starting to sound too old for their characters, you can hear the old voice crack and become less young.

But they still have the emotions and capabilities that they had before kind of.

An example is Conan in Detective Conan, he sounds like an old lady at times in the latest episodes, especially when the VA tries to sound childish etc....
Jun 29, 4:28 AM

Oct 2015
Wait till zoomers new gen anime fans like the op find out they bought back char anzable va for the Gundam OVAs made in the 2010s when the lasy major char role was 1990s

Or that this IS the norm for non remakes

Zoomers

Tho some remake like s&w still keep their va so
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15

45 by Wall-flower23 »»
Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 22

46 by Raizel »»
Yesterday, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8

45 by bushman66 »»
Jun 27, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1

36 by bushman66 »»
Jun 27, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji: Kishuku Gakkou-hen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25

38 by bushman66 »»
Jun 27, 4:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.