Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 26, 7:11 AM
Jan 2021
The manga should have ended at chapter 230 (Gojo should have won) or Sukuna should have actually killed everyone and won after using Fuuga. The mangaka apparently hates its readers, more than its character (Gojo). Why not .D
May 26, 7:19 AM
Feb 2018
I agree tbh, this has been dragged out too long, I would I have been fine if Gojo got gravely injured and they covered for him and a few more people like Choso and stuff died but doing ALL THIS has just been awful.
May 26, 7:51 AM

Nov 2021
Mehay012 said:
The manga should have ended at chapter 230 (Gojo should have won) or Sukuna should have actually killed everyone and won after using Fuuga. The mangaka apparently hates its readers, more than its character (Gojo). Why not .D

yeah after that it became a trash drama lol 😂
whoever compared Naruto with JJK, now regretting with their lives LoL 🤣😂

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
May 26, 8:24 AM
Jan 2018
Y’all acting like the manga is bad bc Gege didn’t go the predicable route and have Gojo win is really funny
May 26, 8:37 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to neel_senpai
Mehay012 said:

yeah after that it became a trash drama lol 😂
whoever compared Naruto with JJK, now regretting with their lives LoL 🤣😂
@neel_senpai JJK and Naruto have many aspects where they excel at. But damn remember when people were hyping up JJK women and insulting naruto female cast of characters? Oh boy now it seems they weren't so different after all
May 26, 8:39 AM
Jun 2023
At this point people need to just wait for it to end and then read because weekly reading jjk is obviously too much for some people
May 26, 8:58 AM
Aug 2020
all this talk but proceeds to keep reading the manga lmao, just drop it at this point
May 26, 9:14 AM
Jun 2021
I completely understand your frustration and disappointment with the direction the manga took. It's not uncommon for fans to feel that a series didn't meet their expectations, especially when it comes to the conclusion of a beloved story.

Firstly, I agree that the fight between Gojo and Sukuna could have been executed differently. Gojo's powers are incredible, and it would have been satisfying to see him emerge victorious. The manga's portrayal of Gojo's abilities and limitations did leave some fans feeling that he was robbed of a chance to truly shine.

Regarding the conclusion of the story, I can see why you'd feel that way. The manga's finale was quite divisive, and many fans felt that it didn't provide the closure they were looking for. The abrupt ending and unanswered questions left some readers feeling unsatisfied and even frustrated.

As for Gege Akutami's intentions, it's difficult to say for certain why he chose to conclude the story in the way he did. However, it's worth noting that the manga has been praised for its unpredictability and willingness to take risks. Some readers might argue that the unconventional ending was a deliberate choice to challenge readers' expectations and leave them with more to think about.

Regarding Gojo's character, I think it's unfair to say that Gege Akutami hates his readers more than his character. Gojo is a complex and multifaceted character with many layers, and his development throughout the story was remarkable. The mangaka's portrayal of Gojo's relationships with other characters and his struggles with his own powers were compelling and added depth to the story.

In conclusion, while I understand your disappointment with the manga's conclusion, I think it's important to remember that storytelling is subjective, and what one reader considers a "good" ending might not be the same for another. It's also worth acknowledging that Gege Akutami is an artist who takes risks and challenges readers' expectations, which can lead to a more engaging and thought-provoking experience.

As for your final question, "Why not .D?" - I think it's because Gege Akutami has a unique vision for his story, and he chose to tell it in a way that resonates with him. While it might not be what every reader wants, it's clear that his dedication to his craft has resulted in a work that has captivated many fans worldwide.
May 26, 9:21 AM

Jun 2015
I didn't realize how much I liked Gojo was how critical he was to the success of JJK until he got done in like that. I knew Gege hated him but the way he made Gojo go out glazing Sukuna even tho Gojo was beating Sukuna's ass the entire fight in every category possible from Hand-to-hand combat, to curse energy manipulation, to domain expansions, and everything else. At best they were tied; there was no point in the fight where Sukuna had the upper hand and then boom, bullshit ass asspull out of nowhere and Gojo just dies and sucks Sukuna off on his way out? Are you kidding me Gege, you piece of dogwater crap?

And now this. He's just pissing on Gojo's grave at this point.

This used to be my favorite manga. I started reading this in 2019! Before the anime even began! I have never been this disappointed by an author in my life. We all thought this was a HxH fanfiction but no, it's actually an Akame ga Kill fanfiction in disguise.

Fuck Gege bro. I'll see him in Hell for sure and beat his ass there.
May 26, 9:48 AM

Jan 2021
i always wonder what people who criticize jjk current state would have chosen to do instead, and unsurprisingly their alternatives just suck.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
May 26, 10:01 AM
Nov 2023
Ive noticed the only ppl who hate JJK right now are the same ppl whos favorite are feminine rom com animes . Current shounen arc is prob the best shounen arc in the past 20 years. This whole arc has been a tribute to the whole shounen genre
May 26, 10:07 AM
May 2021
Nah, the manga fell off 💀
This fight is dragging out like crazy, everytime it seems that Yuji and the others have gotten the edge, Sukuna comes in with an ass pull. And how tf you gonna be the strongest sorcerer and get offscreened?! It's like Gege doesn't know what to do anymore
May 26, 10:10 AM
Apr 2021
womp womp(character limit)
May 26, 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
Mehay012 said:
The manga should have ended at chapter 230 (Gojo should have won)
Ok, but then what's the role of Yuji, Yuta, Maki, etc. spectators?
The whole point is Gojo wanted to instill his values in the next generation and raise strong sorcerers.
May 26, 10:57 AM
Jun 2021
Wtf are you a clown or something?If the manga had ended at chapter 230 then what about the whole merger thing .Don't just hate because hating on jjk has become the new trend lol and give some convincing points about why it should have ended at chapter 230.
BlizzardBoy026May 26, 11:01 AM
May 26, 11:16 AM

Jun 2011
Reply to Mdraj6996
@neel_senpai JJK and Naruto have many aspects where they excel at. But damn remember when people were hyping up JJK women and insulting naruto female cast of characters? Oh boy now it seems they weren't so different after all
@Mdraj6996 Sakura lowkey is underrated when compared to Nobara. Sakura had been more useful than Nobara ever was lol.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 26, 11:24 AM

May 2021
Reply to phantom346
I didn't realize how much I liked Gojo was how critical he was to the success of JJK until he got done in like that. I knew Gege hated him but the way he made Gojo go out glazing Sukuna even tho Gojo was beating Sukuna's ass the entire fight in every category possible from Hand-to-hand combat, to curse energy manipulation, to domain expansions, and everything else. At best they were tied; there was no point in the fight where Sukuna had the upper hand and then boom, bullshit ass asspull out of nowhere and Gojo just dies and sucks Sukuna off on his way out? Are you kidding me Gege, you piece of dogwater crap?

And now this. He's just pissing on Gojo's grave at this point.

This used to be my favorite manga. I started reading this in 2019! Before the anime even began! I have never been this disappointed by an author in my life. We all thought this was a HxH fanfiction but no, it's actually an Akame ga Kill fanfiction in disguise.

Fuck Gege bro. I'll see him in Hell for sure and beat his ass there.
@phantom346
I started reading this in 2019! Before the anime even began!

Damn I have a lot of respect for that. Same here, I read in 2021 and its also my favorite manga to the point I was thinking about it every single day. But nowadays its just hard to get motivation to read considering how this manga is heading.
May 26, 11:33 AM

Aug 2018
This is slander against Gege and Sukuna, and I will not stand for it!
May 26, 11:49 AM
Dec 2022
as a huge gojo fan that would be possibly the worst ending to the series imaginable
stop being illiterate and bandwagoning on hate
May 26, 4:17 PM

Jun 2014
At this point if you still think Gojo should have or was supposed to win against Sukuna you're genuinely a lost cause and clearly weren't actually reading that fight. The JJK slander because "I don't like this narrative choice = bAD wRiTiNg" is just comical at this point and I thank God every day that the audience doesn't write JJK.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

May 26, 5:06 PM

Jun 2020
If Gojo won then Kenjaku would not be a threat and the manga would be way worse lol

The latest chapter is the best Gege has done for Gojo in a while considering how tragic it made Gojo’s character and validated how he felt disconnected from others as the Strongest, only Yuta was standing up for him fr

Maybe if Gege killed inumaki off then everyone would be happier.
May 26, 6:31 PM

Mar 2018
Reply to thebrentinator24
At this point if you still think Gojo should have or was supposed to win against Sukuna you're genuinely a lost cause and clearly weren't actually reading that fight. The JJK slander because "I don't like this narrative choice = bAD wRiTiNg" is just comical at this point and I thank God every day that the audience doesn't write JJK.
@thebrentinator24 how would sukuna win against gojo without the 10th shadow techniques

imma wait here
May 26, 6:40 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to Phantomnocomics
@thebrentinator24 how would sukuna win against gojo without the 10th shadow techniques

imma wait here
@Phantomnocomics Wdym how would Sukuna win without the 10S when he had it and used it during their fight? Unless you mean hypothetically, then I don't have the answer to that but Gojo himself said that he probably still would have lost even if Sukuna didn't have the 10S. There's no reason to have had Gojo win their first fight no matter how much the audience wants to continue crying and coping about it.

May 26, 7:44 PM
May 2023
Is there a way to filter all posts written by other users on this app? I’m sick of reading the commentary of mediocrities
May 26, 8:12 PM
Jun 2022
Mehay012 said:

allow me to hate the haters because you no brainer.
May 26, 8:13 PM
Jun 2022
lacuna_beach said:
Is there a way to filter all posts written by other users on this app? I’m sick of reading the commentary of mediocrities

no. let's collectively cry about it. 😭😭
May 27, 2:30 AM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
I’m sure this is obvious by now and everyone knows it, but Gege once stated that he hates Gojo as his powers make it impossible to kill him. His death is essential for the show to progress. Contrary to what the most of the audience and fans think Gojo was never the main character to begin with and he always wanted his students to grow and surpass him so his death is absolutely necessary. I agree 100% with thebrentinator24.
May 27, 9:40 AM
Mar 2023
lacuna_beach said:

Yes, there is! Click on your pfp and go to settings. From settings you want to scroll down to account. Once there you’ll see two options: (1. Manage Password, 2FA, Etc.) (2. Delete Account). Click on “Delete Account” and follow the instructions on the webpage. Hope this helps cuz thats what I’m about to do with my account LOL! Jokes aside I wish there was a better filter option for these repetitive and mundane discussions.
May 27, 1:36 PM

Mar 2018
@Phantomnocomics Wdym how would Sukuna win without the 10S when he had it and used it during their fight? Unless you mean hypothetically, then I don't have the answer to that but Gojo himself said that he probably still would have lost even if Sukuna didn't have the 10S. There's no reason to have had Gojo win their first fight no matter how much the audience wants to continue crying and coping about it.
@thebrentinator24

then I don't have the answer to that

there u go, hence why it's an asspull by geje to make sukuna without 10s look as if he can beat gojo

Gojo himself said that he probably still would have lost even if Sukuna didn't have the 10S

a mere conjecture (one shoved by geje), and a one retroactively proven won after we have witnessed heian era sukuna skillset.

There's no reason to have had Gojo win their first fight

no reason? it's the logical conclusion. at least nasu admits that saber can't beat gilgamesh without plot armor. this is what makes nasu > geje
May 27, 2:13 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to Phantomnocomics
@thebrentinator24

then I don't have the answer to that

there u go, hence why it's an asspull by geje to make sukuna without 10s look as if he can beat gojo

Gojo himself said that he probably still would have lost even if Sukuna didn't have the 10S

a mere conjecture (one shoved by geje), and a one retroactively proven won after we have witnessed heian era sukuna skillset.

There's no reason to have had Gojo win their first fight

no reason? it's the logical conclusion. at least nasu admits that saber can't beat gilgamesh without plot armor. this is what makes nasu > geje
@Phantomnocomics Whatever helps you sleep at night, doesn't change the fact that Gojo was always meant to die. That's why he placed so much emphasis on fostering a new generation of sorcerers that would surpass him. And if Gege wanted Gojo to win, he would have made him win. But he didn't 🤷 he lost, admitted Sukuna wasn't going all out, admitted it would have still been a close fight even if Sukuna didn't have 10S, admitted that he gave it his all but it wasn't enough to get him the win. There was also a flashback during Shibuya where he told Megumi that the former Gojo clan head (Limitless user with Six Eyes) and the former Zenin clan head (10S user) killed each other in battle, so Gojo vs Sukuna (Six Eyes vs 10S) was either going to end with one or both of them dead. So yea, zero reason to have Gojo win the initial fight, because if he won, what's even the point of the rest of the cast. So the audience can keep making recycled jokes about Yuji not being the MC of his own series, or so people can bitch about how the side characters didn't get much spotlight? Whereas if you kill off Gojo, oh would you look at that, everyone now has to step up and try to live up to the expectation of Gojo wanting them to surpass him.

May 27, 6:06 PM
Jul 2018
Phantomnocomics said:
how would sukuna win against gojo without the 10th shadow techniques
Domain expansion and domain amplification. 10S surely gave him an edge in the fight.
removed-userMay 27, 6:10 PM
May 27, 7:51 PM
Jan 2021
The flash backs and the non-combatant discussions mid fight is what bugs me the most. So much explaining to justify what's happening with little action. I'm just here to see how this train wreck ends. Boruto > JJK
May 27, 8:16 PM
Jul 2018
Reply to DatBoi18
The flash backs and the non-combatant discussions mid fight is what bugs me the most. So much explaining to justify what's happening with little action. I'm just here to see how this train wreck ends. Boruto > JJK
@DatBoi18 If there is no justification for what's happening then people call it asspulls.
DatBoi18 said:
little action
The main complaint about jjk is fights are too long.
removed-userMay 27, 8:26 PM
May 27, 9:13 PM
Oct 2023
Its just different, not necessarily bad, jjk before was godly with its power system and fight cinematography, nowadays its about agenda pushing and meme spamming in r/jujutsufolk so its still entertaining nontheless
May 27, 10:42 PM

Mar 2018
@thebrentinator24

Whatever helps you sleep at night, doesn't change the fact that Gojo was always meant to die. That's why he placed so much emphasis on fostering a new generation of sorcerers that would surpass him. And if Gege wanted Gojo to win, he would have made him win. But he didn't 🤷 he lost, admitted Sukuna wasn't going all out, admitted it would have still been a close fight even if Sukuna didn't have 10S, admitted that he gave it his all but it wasn't enough to get him the win. There was also a flashback during Shibuya where he told Megumi that the former Gojo clan head (Limitless user with Six Eyes) and the former Zenin clan head (10S user) killed each other in battle, so Gojo vs Sukuna (Six Eyes vs 10S) was either going to end with one or both of them dead. So yea, zero reason to have Gojo win the initial fight, because if he won, what's even the point of the rest of the cast. So the audience can keep making recycled jokes about Yuji not being the MC of his own series, or so people can bitch about how the side characters didn't get much spotlight? Whereas if you kill off Gojo, oh would you look at that, everyone now has to step up and try to live up to the expectation of Gojo wanting them to surpass him.

''whatever makesu sleep at night'' is such a weak response that i doubt you even gonna respond anymore because it's the kind of response someone says when they got no substance to bring to the table and just wanna validate themselves with a corny comeback.

the author is the god of his verse but that doesn't make him immune from criticism. should we not criticize disney star wars or the MCU because they meant X this or Y that? no, it's the execution that matters and not just the intention

am aware of the chapter you are referencing and you seem to be lost on what's the asspull part about in here. the asspull part is how the attack was executed rather than the vague concept of the attack existing in the background. this is also what i meant by the first paragraph in regards to the execution > intention part

new gen trope is generic, lame, stale and boring. it's the kind of stuff that got us boruto. i'm glad nasu will never tackle such a trope even if he has to sell his soul to gacha.

geje could learn a thing or two from nasu sensei
May 27, 10:51 PM

Jun 2014
Reply to Phantomnocomics
@thebrentinator24

Whatever helps you sleep at night, doesn't change the fact that Gojo was always meant to die. That's why he placed so much emphasis on fostering a new generation of sorcerers that would surpass him. And if Gege wanted Gojo to win, he would have made him win. But he didn't 🤷 he lost, admitted Sukuna wasn't going all out, admitted it would have still been a close fight even if Sukuna didn't have 10S, admitted that he gave it his all but it wasn't enough to get him the win. There was also a flashback during Shibuya where he told Megumi that the former Gojo clan head (Limitless user with Six Eyes) and the former Zenin clan head (10S user) killed each other in battle, so Gojo vs Sukuna (Six Eyes vs 10S) was either going to end with one or both of them dead. So yea, zero reason to have Gojo win the initial fight, because if he won, what's even the point of the rest of the cast. So the audience can keep making recycled jokes about Yuji not being the MC of his own series, or so people can bitch about how the side characters didn't get much spotlight? Whereas if you kill off Gojo, oh would you look at that, everyone now has to step up and try to live up to the expectation of Gojo wanting them to surpass him.

''whatever makesu sleep at night'' is such a weak response that i doubt you even gonna respond anymore because it's the kind of response someone says when they got no substance to bring to the table and just wanna validate themselves with a corny comeback.

the author is the god of his verse but that doesn't make him immune from criticism. should we not criticize disney star wars or the MCU because they meant X this or Y that? no, it's the execution that matters and not just the intention

am aware of the chapter you are referencing and you seem to be lost on what's the asspull part about in here. the asspull part is how the attack was executed rather than the vague concept of the attack existing in the background. this is also what i meant by the first paragraph in regards to the execution > intention part

new gen trope is generic, lame, stale and boring. it's the kind of stuff that got us boruto. i'm glad nasu will never tackle such a trope even if he has to sell his soul to gacha.

geje could learn a thing or two from nasu sensei
@Phantomnocomics This back and forth was never going to end with me being able to change your mind/opinion, so it is what it is. Idk how Nasu has any relevance here but believe whatever you wanna believe ✌️

May 28, 10:40 AM

Mar 2018
@Phantomnocomics This back and forth was never going to end with me being able to change your mind/opinion, so it is what it is. Idk how Nasu has any relevance here but believe whatever you wanna believe ✌️
@thebrentinator24 that's a common misconception in regards for how a discussion should go. and it's so cuz a lot of times it gets conflated with argumentive/competitionally motivated debates initiated by users who come from a place of bad faith and just wanna ''concession'' score/points in front of other people. it's all just an act to bait users into engaging at a game of words.

a healthy discussion is just a one where multiple parties exchange their ideas and views for new perspectives without shoving it into others. and that was my intent, so if i come off as otherwise then apologies
PhantomnocomicsJun 4, 1:14 AM
May 28, 12:47 PM
Nov 2023
Nah you jus hating, this story is not as bad as you guys are claiming it to be
May 28, 9:57 PM
Mar 2023
it is official: jjk readers are annoying as fuck
May 29, 5:29 AM

Nov 2021
Mdraj6996 said:

but at least Naruto has very better storyline if you ask me .....
cuz in JJK it was all ab8 sukuna vs gojo at then end .... so personally I thought it gonna be different when they killed gojo and powerd up Yuji....
but then for fame or more clouds (most likely) the writer again brought back gojo wow but physically not mentally lol 😂.... what a story
i dropped it after that, it became clear that JJK is nothing but totally overhyped sit 😊

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jun 4, 1:15 AM

Mar 2018
Reply to neel_senpai
Mdraj6996 said:

but at least Naruto has very better storyline if you ask me .....
cuz in JJK it was all ab8 sukuna vs gojo at then end .... so personally I thought it gonna be different when they killed gojo and powerd up Yuji....
but then for fame or more clouds (most likely) the writer again brought back gojo wow but physically not mentally lol 😂.... what a story
i dropped it after that, it became clear that JJK is nothing but totally overhyped sit 😊
@neel_senpai naruto has a better story?

may i remind you of ''kaguya''?
Jun 4, 8:56 AM

Dec 2020
I swear the JJK fandom is probably one of the worst fandoms.

At this point, "I don't like it" = bad writing for them. A lot of JJK fans love their favourite characters more than the story. Especially Gojo fans.
Jun 12, 11:50 AM
Jan 2015
TakeshiHentai said:
Y’all acting like the manga is bad bc Gege didn’t go the predicable route and have Gojo win is really funny

They're so mad he didn't win it's insane
Jun 12, 6:31 PM

Aug 2019
I feel like a lot of the hate Gege's getting right now from some of y'all is due to him having Yuta take over Gojo's body while some of y'all wanted Gojo to come back to life as himself lol. I wish folks would at least be honest about it instead of using scapegoats.

I think Gege is pretty mediocre as a writer and the fight against Sukuna is one of the most tedious fights I've witnessed in manga, but at least my frustrations have nothing to do with how Gege handled Gojo.
Jun 16, 3:16 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to DatBoi18
@DatBoi18 the best joke I heard in many years! LOL!
Jun 16, 3:17 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to Phantomnocomics
@neel_senpai naruto has a better story?

may i remind you of ''kaguya''?
@Phantomnocomics and don't forget Talk No Jutsu!
Jun 30, 1:41 AM

Sep 2019
Idk, since the culling game started, JJK really fell off. After catching up to 262 i've felt this more than ever.
There were nice and hype moments here and there, but overall it's just too much technique lingo and inventing new powers to pull the rug again.
And now the whole Sukuna battle feels so damn drawn out. Get it over with.
Biggest weak spot of manga alltogether: overstaying your welcome. Many series just don't know when to quit. Quit on a high note instead of drawing the story out and becoming irrelevant.
And yeah, i know the whole publicating system pushes authors into the direction of keeping a series running as long as possible, but it's still not good from a readers perspective.
I'm not reading any replies or comments directed at me at all. I know my truth and if you disagree: that's fine but i couldn't give a damn about :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 271 Discussion

deg - 4 hours ago

10 by Sworld30 »»
1 minute ago

» Maybe it's all a dream

Xmister - Yesterday

17 by Xmister »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 270 Discussion

ryzxgum - Sep 19

39 by Camyy »»
10 hours ago

» It's over guys i have some potential spoiler.

Hickykissy - Sep 23

8 by FLVN »»
Yesterday, 9:36 PM

» Once chapter left to end this...

Nugi97 - Sep 20

20 by forestforce »»
Yesterday, 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.