Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2:06 PM
Aug 2020
it's over

the last fight was good,i was wondering if he was going to win...

the anime unfortunately doesn't deserve more than 6/10, i blame first the studio even if the story was simple...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 23, 11:39 PM

Nov 2012
pretty much a big disappointment overall lol
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 26, 8:22 PM

Dec 2007
The guy had a knife it would still be self defense.
May 30, 5:33 AM
Jan 2020
Didn't read the manga but it was pretty bland because it looked like they focused more on the fights so the characters just feels shallow as hell, but I'd blame netflix for that for making this just 8 episodes.

The animation was obviously good, I'd still like a sequel but I don't think anyone even watched this lmao.
Jun 4, 8:11 AM
Feb 2019
The only good episode lmao. all the fight before (1-7) are so dull, like its ok to be short and realistic, but atleast give it more impactful sound effect and better camera angle.
Jun 4, 8:26 AM

Oct 2018
So this could get greenlighted for a 2nd season huh.... I guess Special Kid Factory is really dead. I'm so pissed.

Edit: WE ARE SO BACK
https://x.com/skf_anime/status/1806125319243571430
Etherius_ZSJun 28, 5:17 PM
Jun 6, 4:37 AM
Sep 2015
This anime is a wet dream for a bara lover like me.
Next on my bara watchlist
Hanma Baki vs Kengan Ashura
Kinnikuman: Perfect Origin Arc
Kengan Ashura Season 2 Part 2
Keep them coming!
Jun 8, 10:19 PM
Apr 2024
While many hate the ending because the MC didn't win through the power of love and determination cliche, I believe it's handled very maturely. Just because you're the main character, that does not mean you will be padded by layers and layers of plot armor at all times, and it should be that way, just like in real life. You might have a grasp on everything you see, but what about you cannot see? Makio knew his abilities, he knew his determination, he knew he would win, but he didn't know the side of his opponent, he didn't know his abilities or determination - he was living only his side of the story. In this world, you have to accept that there will always be someone ahead of you, in spite of how highly you think of yourself and your abilities, we're not born equally, as Eva from Monster would say. We all have our limits, and that's okay, it proves to us we're humans, incapable of perfection, but capable making the most of what we're given. If this anime did not scratch that itch in your brain, that's a you problem, imagine how boring this world would be if everything went the way we envisioned it, our resilience would be paper thin.
Jun 10, 3:37 PM
May 2016
Waiting for the continuation
Jun 14, 3:38 PM
May 2007
OVerall, I'd rather have an anime adaptation based on the Keisuke Itagaki version of the manga. I can understand why the studio wanted to avoid that and not be called a Baki rip off and focus on it primarily being an adaptation of the original novels as opposed to another adaptation.
Jun 15, 4:52 PM

Apr 2015
So i just finish to watch and not sure how do i feel. I mainly watch because of the big guys it is refreshing, but i hardly watch martial arts series lol.

It was good(?) it remembers a lot that old 80s fight movies, something that Van Damme would do. It also corny as one hehe. But really like the details they put on the fights it self all the movements were cool.

solid 7/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf Episode 5 Discussion

otakuweek - May 23

2 by Spyral_Grayson »»
Jul 19, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf Episode 6 Discussion

otakuweek - May 23

2 by Lindemberg »»
Jun 4, 10:21 AM

» sleeper hit maybe?

JVskunkape - Apr 25

4 by JVskunkape »»
May 31, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf Episode 3 Discussion

otakuweek - May 23

1 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 28, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf Episode 4 Discussion

otakuweek - May 23

3 by lancelot200 »»
May 26, 6:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.