Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 22, 5:12 AM
May 2024
I heard many people say "if sukuna vs maho looks so good, imagine how good *that most hyped up fight* is gonna look like. "
However, Have no expectations if you don't wanna be disappointed and cry about it. No episode of the upcoming seasons no matter how hyped up it is, will ever look better than season 2's episode 17 (Even that specific fight).

I personally don't care much about animation, just made this thread because I feel a lot of hate will be circulated for the upcoming seasons since they won't top this episode because people are expecting way too much. It might still look good, but if you think it's gonna be better than episode 17 of season 2 then I can confidently tell you that you're gonna be disappointed
May 22, 5:20 AM
Jun 2023
How do you know MAPPA wont top themselves or at least be on par with that episode in season 2 in future seasons
May 22, 5:20 AM

Sep 2016
Xmister said:
No episode of the upcoming seasons no matter how hyped up it is, will ever look better than season 2's episode 17 (Even that specific fight).

That might be unlikely, but it can happen.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 22, 5:37 AM
Jan 2022
Next level of glaze, mappa will do better and make animation at least the same as season 2 animation
May 22, 5:38 AM
Jan 2022
Just imagine if they have enough time unlike with season 2
May 22, 5:39 AM
May 2024
Reply to Wafflexd978
How do you know MAPPA wont top themselves or at least be on par with that episode in season 2 in future seasons
@Wafflexd978 MAPPA is just a company. It's not an animator, it is a representative of top executives of this company. The top quality animation is a blessing by the staff and freelance animators which were hired by them. And the reason why it's not gonna be as good as episode 17 is because the episode director won't comeback
May 22, 5:40 AM
Jun 2023
Xmister said:
@Wafflexd978 MAPPA is just a company. It's not an animator, it is a representative of top executives of this company. The top quality animation is a blessing by the staff and freelance animators which were hired by them. And the reason why it's not gonna be as good as episode 17 is because the episode director won't comeback

I know how the company MAPPA works, but who’s to say that that one episode director won’t come back and they can’t get some of the freelance animators to return for the future seasons
May 22, 5:59 AM
May 2024
Reply to Wafflexd978
Xmister said:

I know how the company MAPPA works, but who’s to say that that one episode director won’t come back and they can’t get some of the freelance animators to return for the future seasons
@Wafflexd978 I have to explain the entire lore behind why episode 17 was so high quality in the place. This episode was directed by hakuyu go , he has also directed other sakugafest episodes like mob psycho 2x05, and directed best animated episode and movies of fate series. The episode 17 was originally supposed to be directed by tsuchigami (the director of episode 16) but since the schedule was bad and there was time constraint. His friend hakuyu go decided to help him out. If this season had a good schedule, I don't think it would look better than what we got now because tsuchigami wouldn't need his help. And since hakuyu go won't join episode 17, another animator Vincent Chansard who was pretty much the MVP of this episode won't join either.
For an animation episode to look better or even par with episode 17, it needs to be directed by hakuyu go.
And hakuyu go has no reason to comeback, he is not a fan of the source material he only joined to help out his friend and he also holds a grudge against this company.
May 22, 6:09 AM
Jul 2018
Hopefully, with a better production timeline in future seasons, the animation quality will also improve.
May 22, 6:16 AM
May 2024
@Wafflexd978 btw, when I say "for an episode to look better than episode 17, it needs to be directed by hakuyu go" it doesn't mean that I think hakuyu go is the greatest anime director to ever exist. The reason why I said this is because top industry veterans don't usually involve themselves with projects like these. Most of them are employed by another anime studios. Demon slayer despite being one of the most popular and hyped anime shows to exist disappointed a majority of their fans with their season 3. Despite having good connections with animators. And mappa out here is making enemy out of animators
May 22, 6:46 AM
May 2021
they were experimenting the whole season with their animation tho I wouldn't complain some of them were banger but some were not upto the mark.
May 22, 7:30 AM
May 2016
That's pretty funny, because almost every episode from S1 is better than any episode of S2.
May 22, 9:17 AM
May 2024
Reply to ktg
That's pretty funny, because almost every episode from S1 is better than any episode of S2.
@ktg I'm talking specifically about season 2 episode 17's Bluray
May 22, 10:31 AM
Jan 2023
Xmister said:
I heard many people say "if sukuna vs maho looks so good, imagine how good *that most hyped up fight* is gonna look like. "
However, Have no expectations if you don't wanna be disappointed and cry about it. No episode of the upcoming seasons no matter how hyped up it is, will ever look better than season 2's episode 17 (Even that specific fight).

I personally don't care much about animation, just made this thread because I feel a lot of hate will be circulated for the upcoming seasons since they won't top this episode because people are expecting way too much. It might still look good, but if you think it's gonna be better than episode 17 of season 2 then I can confidently tell you that you're gonna be disappointed

idk man there's no way to know for sure if it will look worse or better. I have hope that they will deliver for that fight and even if it's not as good there's no way they butcher it that bad
May 22, 10:37 AM
Jan 2024
Expect the worst, so you’re prepared for it, but you can also be surprised with the best. Just enjoy the fight scenes as they come and don’t go in with high expectations.
May 22, 12:46 PM
Jun 2021
Thank you for telling me that...as an anime only I will keep that in mind!!
May 22, 2:20 PM
Jun 2023
ktg said:

Da fuk u on about, s1 of jjk literally is soo dull and rough compared to s2
I Apparently like HOTDOGS
May 22, 2:21 PM
Jun 2023
Xmister said:

Plus, the color pallet for s2 is way more vibrant and attractive. It keeps you in awe and the choreography of almost all the eps are insanely good
I Apparently like HOTDOGS
May 22, 2:24 PM
Aug 2018
Honestly, season 2 was such an upgrade from season 1. I was pleasantly surprised. If they maintain season 2's quality for season 3 onwards, I'd be so excited.
May 23, 12:33 PM
May 2016
Reply to Xmister
@Xmister I checked the differences on Youtube. It does look better, but sadly they introduced other stupid mistakes. So still not as good as S1.
May 23, 12:36 PM
May 2016
Reply to Lunatic_Gem
ktg said:

Da fuk u on about, s1 of jjk literally is soo dull and rough compared to s2
@Lunatic_Gem Not really. The only better part was the background and how they utilized it. While in every other cases, we've seen a downgrade.
To be fair, the first 5 episodes were acceptable because it was the past and one could make the argument that the more childish animation style reflected Gojo's more childish past.
But after that, they still stick to that style and even with that, it was so junky and badly drawn (I mean the TV version) that all in all we can only talk about an average animation.
May 23, 12:54 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to ktg
@Lunatic_Gem Not really. The only better part was the background and how they utilized it. While in every other cases, we've seen a downgrade.
To be fair, the first 5 episodes were acceptable because it was the past and one could make the argument that the more childish animation style reflected Gojo's more childish past.
But after that, they still stick to that style and even with that, it was so junky and badly drawn (I mean the TV version) that all in all we can only talk about an average animation.
@ktg Who is "we" supposed to be? Season 2, even for the horrendous conditions it was made in, still has a ton of more impressive cuts than S1 did.
May 23, 12:56 PM

Mar 2018
Reply to Xmister
@Xmister lmao. yeah, an episode from a home released only a minority bothered to watch unlike the vast majority who watched tv version and moved on.

whether the animation will be outdone or not in S3 will depend on whether the timeline gets better for the production staff or not
May 23, 12:58 PM

Jan 2009
it depends on how talented the staff is in anime sequels
May 23, 10:07 PM
May 2024
Reply to Phantomnocomics
@Xmister lmao. yeah, an episode from a home released only a minority bothered to watch unlike the vast majority who watched tv version and moved on.

whether the animation will be outdone or not in S3 will depend on whether the timeline gets better for the production staff or not
@Phantomnocomics people who watched the Bluray weren't in minority, the Bluray version was trending when it got released, it was even played on theatre.
A better schedule would definitely mean the upcoming season would look good but as long as the staff which worked on this episode doesn't come back, the upcoming seasons won't surpass episode 17. Itsuki tsuchigami said he would'nt work at mappa again. So I don't see a chance of them coming back
May 23, 10:12 PM
May 2024
Reply to ktg
@Xmister I checked the differences on Youtube. It does look better, but sadly they introduced other stupid mistakes. So still not as good as S1.
@ktg that's your opinion. Season 2's Episode 17 is objectively the best animated episode of the entirety of jujutsu kaisen . I wouldn't argue with you
May 23, 11:56 PM
May 2016
Reply to Oongbuh
@ktg Who is "we" supposed to be? Season 2, even for the horrendous conditions it was made in, still has a ton of more impressive cuts than S1 did.
@Oongbuh "We" is the audience here.
Yes, it had some nice cuts, but when you see a really good 20 sec long cuts which is followed by a 1 minute long below average animation, then the overall animation - which I was talking about - isn't good. S1 was much more consisntent and the overall quality was higher - I mean if we still talk about the TV release. That's why S1's animation was better.
The "horrendous" conditions don't change anything, because we are not rating shows based on what it could have been. If you give enough time and money, every studio will produce an insanely well-animated show.
May 24, 12:00 AM
May 2016
Reply to Xmister
@ktg that's your opinion. Season 2's Episode 17 is objectively the best animated episode of the entirety of jujutsu kaisen . I wouldn't argue with you
@Xmister No, I didn't talk about my opinion. I didn't even mention anything opinion related. You want to think that it is an opinion, because you can't imagine that something is not as good as you think. That's how most people act, to be honest. If they think something is good, then it must be objectively good.

In reality though, Mahoraga's size was constantly changing during the episode, which made it look like something that an amateur would animate. Like I said, S1 was more consistent than S2, that's why it is better.
May 24, 8:53 AM
Jul 2021
Xmister said:

I second this but Idk man Miso, Onsen and HoneHone would like to work again. Most definitely one of them will do an episode. While it may not top the absolute animation display that ep 17 was. It could be one of the best of that season. If everyone bails. Gosso himself is a big episode director.
May 24, 8:55 AM
Jul 2021
PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE said:
Hopefully, with a better production timeline in future seasons, the animation quality will also improve.

Ain't happening as long as CSM exists.
Jun 8, 8:32 AM

May 2021
but if you think it's gonna be better than episode 17 of season 2 then I can confidently tell you that you're gonna be disappointed

Sorry but ep16 already topped ep17, but Id say ep17 is at least around same level with the blue ray version.
Jun 8, 8:36 AM

May 2021
Reply to Xmister
@Xmister
Season 2's Episode 17 is objectively the best animated episode of the entirety of jujutsu kaisen

Look Im not gonna start an argument here and I personally disliked ep17 before, but after rewatching the show and seeing the blue ray, I think its alot better now. HOWEVER, you can't say something like "objectively" best animated episode. I liked ep16 and think it has better animation, thats my subjective opinion and Im just gonna say that. I didn't say my opinion is objectively correct, and similarly I don't think you can say ep17 is objective best animated episode. Its not how the word is supposed to be used because nothing is objective unless you can provide facts and its impossible to do so in this case.
Jun 8, 8:41 AM

Jun 2024
I hope Mappa wouldn't disappoint like that.
To the dumb question, "Why me?", the cosmos barely bothers to return the reply, "Why not?".
Jun 12, 1:13 PM
May 2024
Reply to Zimmu
@Xmister
Season 2's Episode 17 is objectively the best animated episode of the entirety of jujutsu kaisen

Look Im not gonna start an argument here and I personally disliked ep17 before, but after rewatching the show and seeing the blue ray, I think its alot better now. HOWEVER, you can't say something like "objectively" best animated episode. I liked ep16 and think it has better animation, thats my subjective opinion and Im just gonna say that. I didn't say my opinion is objectively correct, and similarly I don't think you can say ep17 is objective best animated episode. Its not how the word is supposed to be used because nothing is objective unless you can provide facts and its impossible to do so in this case.
@Zimmu if eyes aren't enough, you can look at the staff list instead. It's fine if you dislike the episode, to me this episode comes to one of the best animated animes episode of all time, my point here is that the people who participated in this episode were the most talented of the industry, they were celebrity animators. Most of Those who worked as animators on this episode have the capability to direct their own shows. Let alone the jjk franchise, this episode had one of the most talented gathering in the history of entire anime industry. Now most of them won't be coming back for another season.
Also, episode 16 was done by the same guy who directed episode 17

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Oct 19, 2023

412 by nickehhhhhh »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Oct 12, 2023

285 by nickehhhhhh »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pre_Yum - Oct 5, 2023

215 by nickehhhhhh »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Sep 28, 2023

180 by nickehhhhhh »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Sep 21, 2023

340 by nickehhhhhh »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.