Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 7, 2:42 PM
Nov 2016
Most of us know this anime had an awesome 10/10 beginning but it degraded into shit in the middle and ended up as another generic piece of shit 4/10 anime, but when did this anime start going downhill for you? Was it in episode 5 with the introduction of the Mecha shit or was it earlier?

For me, it started going downhill earlier, I already noticed a nosedive in the quality of the characters, direction, and script when they introduced that annoying pervert, little midget, dear god what a shit show that character was, that annoying pervert little midget was already a big RED FLAG on this anime, every time he spoke I cringed, he didn't have anything to offer to the conversation, every time he opened his mouth to say something he was talking about ass or butts or whatever, the script for that character was ass and I knew by then that this anime went for the most annoying, obnoxious, generic route way possible and that I would end up being disappointed by it at the end and I was right, this anime simply got worse since the introduction of that little midget, the introduction of the Mecha shit was the cherry on top since not only did the characters, script, and direction was garbage by this point, but the animation went to shit too so this anime didn't have anything else to offer anymore.

So much unexplained shit, so much cringe with the characters, so much retarded Mecha shit, this was not even a Ninja anime anymore, Ninjitsu? hell no, who needs Ninjitsu when you have a retarded ugly CGI Iron Man suit, don't even get me started on the annoying cliffhanger with the "secret eye" from that stupid old man which he opened at the end of episode 12 and in the next episode his "secret eye" bullshittery did absolutely nothing so the cliffhanger was just a poor lame attempt to make us watch the last episode, so much... shit went wrong with this anime.

What about you guys, when did this anime start going downhill for you?
May 7, 2:54 PM
Dec 2021
For me it was when the mecha was introduced, it opened my eyes to the mediocre storyline that was hidden behind the epic combat in the first few episodes.
May 7, 2:59 PM

Sep 2016
When they started fighting in those tech suits.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 7, 3:23 PM
Dec 2022
The first episode was its best so episode 2
May 7, 3:24 PM

Mar 2018
Episode 3 and each one after just made it more clear it wasn't anything great. Felt like it lost the plot and introduced too much random shit for no benefit
Sometimes you just want to hear anime girls squeak and squeal
May 7, 4:11 PM
Jul 2021
The first second of the first episode
May 7, 5:21 PM
May 2020
When Joe was playing guitar in the first ep just didn't fit.
If he had song children songs with his son Kyle that would have worked great.
May 7, 6:55 PM

Jun 2014
The switch up on this series happened whenever the mech suits got introduced.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 7, 7:31 PM

Mar 2019
I wouldn't go as far as saying it was a 10/10 at the beginning, but I could appreciate the animation and watch it as a guilty pleasure (almost similar to JJK) while the story tried to get get going.

I started to feel the show began falling apart around episode 4~5. The ninja armor was definitely bad and sticks out as a good starting point, but I also believe that repulsive dwarf ninja character who was constantly making sexual innuendos was in (or it felt like) many scenes early on, and I'm pretty sure he was also the first fight with the suit, so the show had some garbage in it (that character) before Higan got into that suit.
May 7, 7:42 PM
Jan 2023
For sure when the mecha was introduced, I was like blown away by the first episode. I started watching this anime late so I was able to binge the first 5 eps and I did it all in one sitting, I loved it. But then my interest slowly started fading once it got all tech like that. That final battle between the three of them was so shit, like if you compare it to even the fight in the opening shot. Those big clunky suits just can’t look as good in a fight scene.
May 7, 8:40 PM

May 2022
It started going downhill for me with the introduction of those armor suits. I normally really like stuff like that but it didn’t work for me here. Maybe if they were introduced right from the start I would’ve felt differently.
May 7, 10:39 PM
Dec 2021
I turned my brain off after episode 3. I guess that was the point for me where it turned into another horrible anime.

May 8, 1:38 AM
Jul 2023
the mecha shit ruined it
May 8, 3:19 AM
best $30 i spent

Oct 2023
i read downhill then saw it was on the ninja kamui board... not surprised

i think it went downhill whenever we learned about joe's backstory with his wife and third ninja dude
all i could think of was "wow this story is shit lemme turn my brain off"
literally my friend who suggested it started hate watching it with me by the time the suits came in
May 8, 4:09 AM
May 2022
I still enjoyed it, but the suits didn't make it better.
May 8, 5:26 AM
Sep 2020
this anime went down hill when the suits were introduced, before that it had amazingly animated fast action and an ok story. I was really enjoying it but after the suits it went more and more downhill.
May 8, 5:38 AM

Jan 2009
when the mecha power suits shows up
May 8, 5:45 AM

Jul 2022
I agree with episode three. it´s still watchable and I liked Zain as a character, I wish we could see more of him.
but yes, it was a bit of a mess.
I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party, and I attended with my real face. - franz kafka

May 8, 6:12 AM
Sep 2020
Zarutaku said:
When they started fighting in those tech suits.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was thinking this, after looking in this comment section I see that the majority of people agree that once the suits got introduced this show went down hill extremely fast.
May 8, 11:25 AM

Jun 2021
The mecha stuff for sure, but that being said, show is tagged with Sci-fi label so can't complain too much on that
May 8, 1:28 PM
Sep 2023
Around episode 5/6
May 14, 7:47 PM

May 2022
When it went from ninja -> mecha. It kinda invalidates the first part, because the cool action isn't improved adding mechs it just becomes a generic mecha battle. If they just called it mecha kamui it would have saved everyone a lot of time.
May 15, 10:35 AM
Mar 2021
But it gained that phase in E9 don't u think it was awesome from e9 especially e10 of off the charts
Anime Rules the world

More topics from this board

» This series is good & bad at the same time.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 20

24 by blxlb »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 4

121 by Abhinav_05 »»
Today, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

63 by Endl8ss »»
May 26, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 20

49 by Endl8ss »»
May 26, 12:52 PM

Poll: » Ninja Kamui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 13

51 by Endl8ss »»
May 25, 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.