Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 1, 4:16 AM

Mar 2024
Erika Ikeda, known professionary as Nekokurage, has been indicted for tax evasion by Fukuoka Regional Taxation Bureau. Manga likely cancelled.
Apr 1, 4:52 AM

Feb 2023
You had me. I was sad for a moment, when I realised it has to be an April Fools thing.

It's an April Fool joke, right?
Apr 1, 5:39 AM
Jan 2022
I had to google this and nothings coming up so it best be an April fools!
Apr 1, 6:15 AM

Apr 2009
MDR- said:

Nope, it appears to be real. There’s no reason to believe the manga is cancelled, though. The artist has apologized and clarified on twitter that they’re working with a tax accountant to figure out how to fix the issue.

https://twitter.com/nekokurage_/status/1774734767893942341
Ri-chanApr 1, 6:33 AM

Apr 1, 8:30 AM
Jan 2020
Unless the author is expected to be serving jail time, there is no particular reason to expect the series to be canceled.
Apr 1, 6:01 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to Ri-chan
MDR- said:

Nope, it appears to be real. There’s no reason to believe the manga is cancelled, though. The artist has apologized and clarified on twitter that they’re working with a tax accountant to figure out how to fix the issue.

https://twitter.com/nekokurage_/status/1774734767893942341
Artist seem to be in denial. She's been indicted for tax evasion. That means Tax Agency has concluded that what she did was intentional and malicious after investigating her. Last year, every indictment for tax evasion lead to prosecution. And every prosecution for tax evasion resulted in conviction. She is getting convicted for tax evasion, there is no way to fix that. The manga is getting cancelled.
Apr 1, 9:27 PM

Apr 2009
kecri said:
Artist seem to be in denial. She's been indicted for tax evasion. That means Tax Agency has concluded that what she did was intentional and malicious after investigating her. Last year, every indictment for tax evasion lead to prosecution. And every prosecution for tax evasion resulted in conviction. She is getting convicted for tax evasion, there is no way to fix that. The manga is getting cancelled.

Even if everything else you’re saying is accurate, which it likely isn’t, just because the artist is unable to continue the series doesn’t mean it wouldn’t continue. For a series this successful they’d probably hire a new artist to take over the adaptation.

But in all likelihood they will get some fines, at most a suspended sentence. They were indicted over a month ago (Feb 29th) and it was only made public by people looking through paper work from the tax board. This is not the big scandal you seem to think it is.

May 31, 10:11 PM

Jul 2019
47 MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 31, 11:41 PM

Jun 2020
^ That’s a ton 😳 At least the LN is the source material

Jun 1, 12:13 AM
Jan 2018
That’s about what 300,000 dollars isn’t it
Jun 2, 3:33 AM

May 2012
^^

Phew, right. The manga's nice to have with all the added visual material. But whatever happens to it, not the real deal and not that devastating. LN is where its at.
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Chapter 74 Discussion

czavala19 - Jun 25

0 by czavala19 »»
Jun 25, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Chapter 72 Discussion

ryzxgum - Apr 28

5 by Thereisnoonehere »»
Jun 17, 10:23 AM

» Enquiries about Light Novel.

RA2L - Jun 9

4 by MadanielFL »»
Jun 15, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Chapter 58 Discussion

LastLuminescence - Dec 20, 2022

5 by Cheonyu »»
Jun 14, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Chapter 73 Discussion

ryzxgum - Jun 2

4 by Barbecued_Jeanne »»
Jun 4, 3:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.