Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 29, 5:01 AM
Apr 2020
I really want to start watching the anime since it seems to be a passionate project where its adaptation just keeps getting better and consistent. And apparently there seems to be a lot of chapters/content in the manga already, is there any indication on when the story will conclude?
Mar 29, 5:52 AM
May 2023
we are at ch 790 and the conclusion seems to be really far away
Mar 29, 6:10 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
It’s about Ying Zheng and Qin’s unification of the 7 warring states. We are almost 800 chapters in, and there have been 0 of the other 6 states conquered by Qin yet. So I’d say we are pretty far off. I don’t think it’ll take as long to conquer some of the other states like it has for Zhao, especially since some of them are much smaller, but yeah.
Mar 29, 6:12 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
And as far as the anime goes, the current season (season 5) is covering around chapters 438-485
Mar 29, 6:55 AM

Feb 2012
Read the manga on your own pace and do not rush to catch up. Its very worth it since its an amazing read. Kingdom is not much popular around but whoever reads it says its one of the best series out there.
Mar 29, 10:29 AM
May 2020
EyeLowView said:
I really want to start watching the anime since it seems to be a passionate project where its adaptation just keeps getting better and consistent. And apparently there seems to be a lot of chapters/content in the manga already, is there any indication on when the story will conclude?

The manga is currently on chapter 790 and based on how history goes, there will probably be at least 1500 chapters in total. It will take a loooong time for the story to be completed. The anime DOES get good after season 3 but it's still not as great as the manga. I recommend reading the manga because it's a masterpiece, but you shouldn't wait for it to finish, that will take at least 10 years.
Mar 29, 12:19 PM
Feb 2024
I think we're going to at least 1k if not 1.5 if you know the history, or have just read the manga up until now, you'll realize we are nowhere near an end. unless he decides to do insane time skips that cut out whole arcs which I doubt, or just ends after zhao which I also doubt.
May 12, 12:47 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to Liberandum_
I think we're going to at least 1k if not 1.5 if you know the history, or have just read the manga up until now, you'll realize we are nowhere near an end. unless he decides to do insane time skips that cut out whole arcs which I doubt, or just ends after zhao which I also doubt.
@Liberandum_
Hopefully he will never do that, but I do wonder, how the mangaka must have felt at the start, because he must have realized how daunting this series was gonna be for him.´

You gotta be built diferently to be able to handle such pressure and have the proper will to handle such a behemoth of a journey.
May 12, 7:35 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to Playcool
@Liberandum_
Hopefully he will never do that, but I do wonder, how the mangaka must have felt at the start, because he must have realized how daunting this series was gonna be for him.´

You gotta be built diferently to be able to handle such pressure and have the proper will to handle such a behemoth of a journey.
@Playcool I think that he had absolutely no clue at all what the series was. He probably just intended to do that first arc, then wanted to write a little series of a hundred or so chapters of shin becoming general, then realized it was going to take longer, then realized he wanted to write about the entire unification. Now I think he honestly still doesn't know what he's doing and is just kinda hoping it's gonna work out.
May 13, 9:30 AM

Jun 2010
Though I have only read till chapter 196, I am already sensing that this series is going to be a long one. From history books that I have read, if the author follows through history (with some twists of his own), the story will get more and more interesting. It is definitely a good read, and enjoy the artwork.
May 13, 11:54 AM

Sep 2021
The author has said that he will not conclude with the unification. He will also cover Liu Bang's story and end with the establishment of Han Dynasty. So easily 1100+ chapters.
May 14, 6:40 AM

Feb 2012
Reply to Alriven
The author has said that he will not conclude with the unification. He will also cover Liu Bang's story and end with the establishment of Han Dynasty. So easily 1100+ chapters.
@Alriven That would be really weird to go that far, I hope his editors stop him and have him end the story with unification. Very weird to spend all these years showing Qin's unification process only to show it all crumble down after they unify and Sei dies.
May 14, 7:31 AM

Sep 2021
Reply to Ramkec
@Alriven That would be really weird to go that far, I hope his editors stop him and have him end the story with unification. Very weird to spend all these years showing Qin's unification process only to show it all crumble down after they unify and Sei dies.
@Ramkec Actually I would personally like if they end it with the establishment of Han Dynasty. Since we know everything goes to shit after Sei's death it would leave a bad taste in my mouth if it were to end with just the unification and the peasant to emperor story of Liu Bang would be really something to read. Not to mention Han Dynasty is one of the most important dynasties of China. It doesn't really have to be a happy ending but maybe a bittersweet one?
May 14, 11:45 PM

Feb 2012
Reply to Alriven
@Ramkec Actually I would personally like if they end it with the establishment of Han Dynasty. Since we know everything goes to shit after Sei's death it would leave a bad taste in my mouth if it were to end with just the unification and the peasant to emperor story of Liu Bang would be really something to read. Not to mention Han Dynasty is one of the most important dynasties of China. It doesn't really have to be a happy ending but maybe a bittersweet one?
@Alriven I would be down for it but in the form of a sequel or a new series, but continuing on with that in Kingdom is a no in my opinion. But we'll see after all, we got a long way to go to that point by this pace hehe.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 752 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Mar 17, 2023

31 by TheMaXIM »»
Yesterday, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 809 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Sep 3

3 by FMmatron »»
Sep 11, 5:15 PM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 807 Discussion

Ramkec - Aug 23

4 by FMmatron »»
Sep 11, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 802 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jul 4

2 by FMmatron »»
Sep 11, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Kingdom Chapter 798 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Jun 2

6 by FMmatron »»
Sep 11, 3:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.