Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 16, 8:26 PM

Oct 2017
To the Yatterman fans out there (all four of you), as this 2008 version of the show is supposedly a remake of the original, are Oshii's episodes (55 & 59) from 1977 show remade? I know he didn't work on this version of the show but the original director did, so I wonder if his episodes made the cut to be re-adapted.
May 9, 6:50 AM

Sep 2016
Its not really that kind of remake this is basically a completely new series with new stories. Only the general strokes, main characters and concept are same
May 9, 6:32 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to ooReiko
Its not really that kind of remake this is basically a completely new series with new stories. Only the general strokes, main characters and concept are same
@ooReiko Ah, I was wondering when I'd get a reply to this, if ever. Thank you for the response, though. If you had to choose, which would you say is the better of the two Yatterman anime?
May 9, 11:03 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to MakkusuUnfilwin
@ooReiko Ah, I was wondering when I'd get a reply to this, if ever. Thank you for the response, though. If you had to choose, which would you say is the better of the two Yatterman anime?
@MakkusuUnfilwin

The thing with the remake is that it isnt as good if you havent seen the original as it relies on lot of references to the OG on its jokes

Both series also make lot of references to culture, other anime and the things that were relevant when they were airing OG maybe less but lot of the humor is based on that.

I think that the OG was better but while ago i realized that i didnt get all of the references in the remake since i watched half of it before i finished the OG so they are essentially on equal terms but the thing is that the remake is essentially good because of the og so id say that the og still stands on top because of that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yatterman Episode 28 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 26, 2015

1 by ooReiko »»
May 9, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Yatterman Episode 57 Discussion

valoon - Mar 1, 2015

2 by ooReiko »»
Dec 20, 2022 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yatterman Episode 54 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 31, 2015

2 by ooReiko »»
Dec 20, 2022 11:28 AM

Poll: » Yatterman Episode 44 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 30, 2015

1 by ooReiko »»
Dec 20, 2022 1:40 AM

Poll: » Yatterman Episode 25 Discussion

valoon - Feb 17, 2015

2 by dannymilk »»
Oct 20, 2019 4:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.