Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 14, 8:23 PM
May 2023
I want to watch it when it releases on the west but I want to know if I have to ( Hey I already watched it, thank you for your answers
locosmundoApr 30, 4:53 PM
Jan 15, 4:27 AM
Nov 2022
locosmundo said:
I want to watch it when it releases on the west but I want to know if I have to know some things to understand (only those who already watched it)

It's not like there's something directly in the movie that states whether it's canon or not

Though for movies it's usually non-canon unless otherwise stated before the premiere
Jan 15, 4:58 PM
Oct 2012
There's nothing to say whether it is canon or not, but it could easily fit into the series anywhere and still make sense (i.e. it doesn't change or reveal anything that would impact the story). All of the characters and plot get reintroduced too, so you could watch the movie completely standalone having watched none of the series and it would make perfect sense.

Source: Watched all of S2 and saw the movie in the cinema.
Jan 16, 3:41 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Hanayou
There's nothing to say whether it is canon or not, but it could easily fit into the series anywhere and still make sense (i.e. it doesn't change or reveal anything that would impact the story). All of the characters and plot get reintroduced too, so you could watch the movie completely standalone having watched none of the series and it would make perfect sense.

Source: Watched all of S2 and saw the movie in the cinema.
@Hanayou I mean, someone who’s read the manga is the thing to say whether it’s canon or not 😂
Penguins are funny
Jan 16, 6:04 PM
Nov 2022
SteamedPlague said:
@Hanayou I mean, someone who’s read the manga is the thing to say whether it’s canon or not 😂

I've read the manga, watches 2 seasons of the anime, and the movie

If you're asking whether or not the movie happens in the manga, no it doesn't

If you're asking if the movie can fit into the current narrative without being inconsistent with the rest of the series, yes

If you're asking if the movie has notable developments which make it a must-watch to understand things from now on, no
Jan 16, 8:19 PM
May 2023
Reply to ReXiRa
SteamedPlague said:

If you're asking if the movie can fit into the current narrative without being inconsistent with the rest of the series, yes

If you're asking if the movie has notable developments which make it a must-watch to understand things from now on, no
@ReXiRa thank you, for your response
Jan 17, 9:51 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to ReXiRa
SteamedPlague said:

@ReXiRa well the only thing to determine if it’s legitimately canon or not is if it’s in the manga, unless the anime studio or original creator says otherwise.
Penguins are funny
Feb 15, 3:26 AM

Oct 2023
It's 100% canon. Wait until they turn it into the first 6 episodes of Season 3 (which I wouldn't complain at).
Mar 2, 2:33 AM

Oct 2015
its a sol gag series with no real continuity until it needs it bro
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Apr 29, 1:14 AM

Dec 2009
I kinda hope not. It's not very meaningful to the main story.
It was very enjoyable, but in a fun way, not really worthwhile to the story at all.

I don't know, I'd rather the manga have better development that what the movie had.
There are sorta two overall moments from Anya and Loid with Yor, but... the manga could do better.
Plus, it'd be a waste of time to draw it into the manga or adapt it into the anime.

On second thought, canon or not, I really hope it's not added into the manga/anime, except as a cameo.
Apr 29, 8:33 PM

Apr 2012
This movie adds nothing meaningful to the story but I would advice anyone who only watched the first part of season 1 to watch the second part as well before watching this movie so that all characters of the Forger family are introduced. They give a brief introduction of the family in the movie but in my opinion it's better to see how this family is formed and what they are like but it's not a must.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Movie: Code: White Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Usopp8000 - Jan 7

100 by ineser »»
Sep 18, 6:59 AM

» Anya and shin-chan

Saijantikki - Sep 7

13 by PizzaGOD_74 »»
Sep 10, 2:18 PM

» Can’t find it on crunchyroll

Raionshin19 - Sep 6

4 by -DxP- »»
Sep 7, 1:12 AM

» Being added to Crunchyroll today

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Sep 5

1 by deg »»
Sep 6, 9:17 AM

» SPY×FAMILY CODE: White Blu-ray/DVD sold 18,244 copies in its first week

deg - Aug 7

3 by APolygons2 »»
Sep 3, 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.