Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 27, 2022 4:58 AM
Jan 2021
We’ve had a movie on Orange Planet, then Himeya, so it would be fitting for there to be one for Aria Company to finish it off, right?
Apr 8, 2022 3:07 AM
Apr 2016
It would be great, but I bet some people would say that is a majority of the 3 seasons of the show and 2 out of 4 OVAs ^_~

I haven't seen this yet so I don't know what is covered in it at all, but if there is a 3rd movie I would love to see what happens to the hinted at (and heavily implied) relationships between Akari/Akatsuki and Aika/Al.

Also, give me a dream/Elseworlds story of Akari and Alicia, but I can't see that happening, especially with things like the original mangaka Kozue Amano going major no homo with Amanchu! just have to make do with my doj... *COUGH COUGH* ^_~
Jun 9, 2022 9:31 PM
Oct 2021
How much content crepsucolo covered?
Aug 24, 2022 8:12 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
EJ_99 said:
We’ve had a movie on Orange Planet, then Himeya, so it would be fitting for there to be one for Aria Company to finish it off, right?
We technically already have this; Avvenire was considered the first entry in the "Blue Curtain Call trilogy" (with Crepuscolo 2nd and Bendizione 3rd). Even though it was a 3-episode OVA, it was basically the same length as the other two, and did focus on Aria Company more than the others (it also gave closure to the whole Cat King plotline). It was basically the capstone of Akari and Alicia's story, much like Crepuscolo did with Alice/Athena and Benedizione did with Aika/Akira.

If they do decide to continue the story, I imagine it would start focusing more on the new trio (Ai/Azusa/Anya), with the original trio as their mentors (Akari/Aika/Alice). I think the new girls are all cute and fun, so I'd be totally down for that.

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Apr 28, 2023 11:48 AM

Mar 2008
Episode 3 of AVVENIRE and both movies are adaptations of the 3 AQUARIA "special navigation" chapters released after the manga ended. Obviously Ai, Anzu and Azusa are not in AQUARIA and scenes involving them in the animé are animé exclusive scenes. The flashback scenes (aside from "La Befana" and the graduation flashbacks in AVVENIRE 3) are all from AQUARIA. Each chapter was a massive 70 pages and featured one of the 3 fairies meeting their new apprentices and gives some extra backstory for their relationships.

The flashbacks and dream that Alicia has in episode 3 of AVVENIRE is the "3rd movie". It is AQUARIA 1 animated. In hindsight they should have just not animated it and saved it for a movie trilogy in 2021/22, but they didn't.

CREPUSCOLO made some changes when they animated AQUARIA 2 and added the "La Befana" chapter from the manga to provide even more backstory for Alice and Athena. All other flashbacks involving Alice and Athena are from AQUARIA, they just shoehorned Anzu into one of them.

BENEDIZIONE animates AQUARIA 3 and does an amazing job of staying faithful to the original story. I don't think they changed anything from the manga story at all. One thing they DID do, however, was added the scene where Akira reveals that she actually met Aika when she was a child (the clover story). In the "special navigation" chapter Akira recalls this in the scene before Aika catches her, but doesn't mention it to Aika. It was something from the manga that I wanted closure to and BENEDIZIONE gave it to me.

The moral of the story is, if you have questions about an animé, just read the damned manga. lolz
QuintessenceApr 30, 2023 5:21 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria the Benedizione Episode 1 Discussion

xxxATiON - Aug 22, 2022

20 by Karva1 »»
Jun 22, 2023 8:55 AM

» So when is this movie available?

AoiroBlueColor - Dec 2, 2021

16 by ooReiko »»
Aug 2, 2022 6:50 AM

» Opens in Japan on December 3; New Key Visual & Trailer; OP & ED

MegamiRem - Aug 10, 2021

10 by KiliianSleipnir »»
Dec 2, 2021 11:09 PM

» Benedizione PV, new key visual, release date

Junchi - Mar 21, 2021

5 by Kvozart »»
Nov 6, 2021 1:27 PM

» FOR ALL ARIA FANS

Thebruhhomie - Sep 13, 2021

3 by Djisas »»
Sep 19, 2021 3:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.