Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2021 7:23 AM
Dec 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy crap! Saint Dragon and Evolved Shin Getter 1!

Man that episode was intense. We get an awesome brawl between Hayato and the the Gettersaurus pilots and Kamui, with Hayato showing he's still got it despite his age and injuries, having practically curbstomped most of em. To top it off we see the crazy Hayato from his early years come back.

I was awesome to see the power of Bug as well as Takuma showing how skill he is in Arc, having piloted all 3 forms. Also it's nice how they gave Kirik a final attack and Khan an extra attack.

So it looks like there will be a sequel as the epilogue indicates they will the team wil reunite and face Evolved Shin Getter. Please don't go the Shin Mazinger route -_-
Sep 26, 2021 7:25 AM

Sep 2007
Wouldn't hold out hope for a sequel, getter anime have a tendency to end on massive cliffhangers like that, Armageddon and New both do the same.
Sep 26, 2021 10:33 AM
Sep 2015
I've to admit that I'm not fully understand what happen at the end. Timeskip? Timetravel? Multiverse? Alternate timeline?
Sep 27, 2021 5:52 PM

Dec 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed the soundtrack for the finale episode. \(^.^)/
⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿  Umehara is my daily dopamine  ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑
Sep 30, 2021 10:39 AM

Sep 2012
I'm still not sure how I feel about the ending. If we had fully shown the ending of the fight with BUG I wouldn't be as upset that we were handed a new cliffhanger. But as it stands, they left the original cliffhanger as a different cliffhanger just a few minutes later, and then cooked up and entirely new cliffhanger on top of that.

phantomfandom said:
I've to admit that I'm not fully understand what happen at the end. Timeskip? Timetravel? Multiverse? Alternate timeline?

What I inferred is that Getter Dragon swiftly trounced BUG, then fucked off to who knows where. Kamui was then imprisoned as what was left of humanity and the saurians colonized Mars as Earth remains ruined. Getter Emperor spat out Baku back in the present just like it did with Takuma, and they decided to use their Getter to fight the unstoppable evolution of Getters which culminates in Emperor.

... but that's all just inferences, because they left a ton of open ended questions when they decided to make the new epilogue cliffhanger.

I do appreciate that they tried to write an actual conclusion for the themes and ideas that Ishikawa-sensei was building up in the manga, I'll just need more time to see if I really like what they did with it.
Dec 27, 2021 6:58 PM
Sep 2011
I can't believe they actually forget Mars already got completely terraformed at the end of Getter Robo Go.
Jun 12, 2022 5:40 PM

Mar 2013
It was a cool show but suffers from the plague that ravages the mecha genre: cliffhanger endings that never conclude. At least it managed to get me very interested in reading the manga and fully getting into this lore. It's very awesome and definitely a nice contrast to the moe and slice-of-life shows I watch.

7/10.
Jun 12, 2022 6:07 PM
Dec 2014
TRI_Mike said:
It was a cool show but suffers from the plague that ravages the mecha genre: cliffhanger endings that never conclude. At least it managed to get me very interested in reading the manga and fully getting into this lore. It's very awesome and definitely a nice contrast to the moe and slice-of-life shows I watch.

7/10.

Given the author died before the manga was complete, this is the best they could do.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Getter Robo Arc Episode 4 Discussion

tacticalfiend - Aug 2, 2021

3 by TRI_Mike »»
Jun 9, 2022 5:28 PM

Poll: » Getter Robo Arc Episode 3 Discussion

GenesicKaiser - Jul 18, 2021

16 by TRI_Mike »»
Jun 9, 2022 4:56 PM

Poll: » Getter Robo Arc Episode 12 Discussion

GenesicKaiser - Sep 19, 2021

3 by GenesicKaiser »»
Sep 20, 2021 6:28 AM

Poll: » Getter Robo Arc Episode 11 Discussion

GenesicKaiser - Sep 12, 2021

0 by GenesicKaiser »»
Sep 12, 2021 8:58 AM

Poll: » Getter Robo Arc Episode 10 Discussion

GenesicKaiser - Sep 5, 2021

4 by phantomfandom »»
Sep 5, 2021 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.