Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2020 7:40 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Omg we're at Sinner's Pit. San Lang jumped down at the end. That means... that means... next ep is...!!!! I'm so excited.

I'm sad they left out the line from the novel where Xie Lian says "You (SL) come back here first. Come back here and I won't be scared."

I knew General Ke Mo was gonna be a big guy, didn't think he'd be THIS big though lol.
Dec 11, 2020 8:02 PM

Aug 2015
^ I forgot that Xie Lian say something like that to San Lang until u mention it =(

This is another good ep, i like how they make the buried head scene..
San Lang suddenly jump and Xie Lian's worried face...

I wonder how they will make one of iconic scene 'that scene' for next ep :D
Dec 11, 2020 9:18 PM

Jan 2020
I am hoping to see the "real deal" next week too, but for all we know they might leave it at another cliffhanger leading up to that moment, honestly.
Dec 11, 2020 9:33 PM

May 2017
Nooo why they ended it on that part?????😭....this ep feels short compared to prev ep, other than that this ep are good, fengxin are so cool, hualian moment, the face man looks creepy just like the manhua does, i also like KeMo design here. 😭so we need another week to see HC, the waiting are killing me
livexevilDec 11, 2020 9:45 PM
Dec 11, 2020 9:57 PM
Mar 2014
livexevil said:
Nooo why they ended it on that part?????😭....this ep feels short compared to prev ep, other than that this ep are good, fengxin are so cool, hualian moment, the face man looks creepy just like the manhua does, i also like KeMo design here. 😭so we need another week to see HC, the waiting are killing me

It was shorter than previous episodes! I was like what? where is the rest of it?? But, omg based on your comment, our ghost king is coming??
Dec 11, 2020 9:58 PM
May 2020
I was kinda sure it would end the way it did.
Maybe that's also the reason they cut the episode short, to be able to stop at this cliffhanger.

This last scene was beautifully done, with the music and Xie Lian's desperation when San Lang jumped.
They are really doing a lot right with this adaptation. 😊
Dec 11, 2020 10:16 PM

May 2017
DonghuaCandy said:
livexevil said:

It was shorter than previous episodes! I was like what? where is the rest of it?? But, omg based on your comment, our ghost king is coming??
lol same🤣, i just can scream 'noooooooooo' when its ended🤣 ah sorry for the spoiler,
Dec 11, 2020 10:16 PM
Oct 2017
That cliffhanger!! Poor Xie Lian feeling so helpless as San Lang jumped off. Next week needs to hurry up come quick. I really need to start reading the novel.

Dec 11, 2020 11:40 PM

Oct 2012
I honestly think they did this scene better than Starember's version in the manhua, especially with the tongue ghost. My only gripe is that the language barrier between the Banyue soldiers and the common people isn't that obvious, but I suppose its for the best to avoid offending any specific cultures.
🌊 Read Umineko & Higurashi ⛩
Dec 12, 2020 5:57 AM

Feb 2014
Does anyone know what SL said in the end ??

Aghhh its like every new episode its getting shorter..i want more!!!
Dec 12, 2020 6:09 AM

Aug 2010
Emiyu said:

That part was not in the novel so it's totally up to the viewer's imagination as to what SL said! I thought that was a great touch by the donghua team.
Though I wonder if they will bring it up later :o

XealiasDec 12, 2020 6:14 AM
Dec 12, 2020 10:39 AM
Mar 2014
K2xSER said:
I honestly think they did this scene better than Starember's version in the manhua, especially with the tongue ghost. My only gripe is that the language barrier between the Banyue soldiers and the common people isn't that obvious, but I suppose its for the best to avoid offending any specific cultures.

I was thinking the same thing about the language difference. I don't know Chinese, but it honestly just sounded like Chinese but with a different "accent", it would have been cool if they actually started speaking in a different language that sounded completely different.
Dec 12, 2020 12:03 PM

Feb 2014
Yea, im currently reading the novel and im at chapter 130 and never found such scene, thats why i was wondering will they reveal it later or make us wonder forever? is it possible for a chinese people to guess what he siad through lip reading? agh im realy curious..

Xealias said:
Emiyu said:

That part was not in the novel so it's totally up to the viewer's imagination as to what SL said! I thought that was a great touch by the donghua team.
Though I wonder if they will bring it up later :o

Dec 13, 2020 5:07 AM

Jul 2009
Xealias said:

I'm sad they left out the line from the novel where Xie Lian says "You (SL) come back here first. Come back here and I won't be scared."

Oh no I don't remember but now I wished they had added that small detail just to break our hearts a bit more :(

Emiyu said:

Someone had the speculation that he said "don't be scared" which would fit because I remember HC saying that several times in the novel

I liked this episode more than the last few, probably also because I literally don't remember anything of this arc from this point on, lol. Sinners pit just rang some bells but that's it.

The last scene was beautiful but I hoped they would make it a bit more dramatic animation wise. Not necessarily ep1 flashback quality but it was a bit whonky in my opinion.

Still, I have high expectations for the next episode because of you know who *wiggles eyebrows*
Dec 13, 2020 8:05 AM

Feb 2014
Vedrun said:

Someone had the speculation that he said "don't be scared" which would fit because I remember HC saying that several times in the novel

I liked this episode more than the last few, probably also because I literally don't remember anything of this arc from this point on, lol. Sinners pit just rang some bells but that's it.

The last scene was beautiful but I hoped they would make it a bit more dramatic animation wise. Not necessarily ep1 flashback quality but it was a bit whonky in my opinion.

Still, I have high expectations for the next episode because of you know who *wiggles eyebrows*

True, that could be a possible..although i hoped for a different response in my heart xD

I had exactly the same thoughts ! Moreover, the first ep flashback was spectacular (i have seen it at least 10 times already) because they didnt speak a word and we got all the feelings compared to the last scene now where even though they spoke the scene was too sudden and short that we couldnt feel much.

MUCH HYPE for the next episode >.<
Dec 13, 2020 4:00 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
Oh shit, that face was fucking creepy! I'm mildly confused but I'm sure all will make sense in the coming episodes.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Dec 13, 2020 8:45 PM

Jun 2019
This episode was like 15 minutes and it wasn’t even that good. The threat at the beginning immediately goes away and then they get captured by an entirely different threat. I’ve been waiting for this series to get good and it never does.
Dec 13, 2020 11:34 PM
Apr 2020
I've got to say I'm loving this so far I've seen all of mdzs utd where as episodes are concerned and came across this its so good i want to read the novel I'm honestly struggling to wait for the next one as I'm loving it
Dec 15, 2020 5:24 PM
Jul 2020
yooo the cliffhanger, wish there were tears shed or sm to make it slightly more emotional.

very enjoyable :)
Dec 18, 2020 2:50 AM

Oct 2008
that last part hyper clay sculpting! she has passion! 5/5!

Dec 18, 2020 1:34 PM

Oct 2012
Blue_Maroon said:
This episode was like 15 minutes and it wasn’t even that good. The threat at the beginning immediately goes away and then they get captured by an entirely different threat. I’ve been waiting for this series to get good and it never does.

Book 1 (this season) is all foreshadowing. The hints of a plot are meant to give you blue balls, unless you're big brained enough to put together the puzzle pieces before they start spelling stuff out for you.

A really good TGCF theorist channel that I like to recommend for more concrete thinkers is Donghua Reviews. They're a first time watcher so they don't spoil anything, and serve as a great guide for people who have trouble picking up all the hidden meanings in everything that is shown this season.

Here's a link to the TGCF review playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WAJcDePV8M&list=PLlJYwvWje3Jdn3_YacbspJKKhahEpKZv8&index=3
K2xSERDec 18, 2020 1:44 PM
🌊 Read Umineko & Higurashi ⛩
Dec 20, 2020 2:39 PM

Dec 2016
Boy this one was short. I wonder if they needed extra budget seeing as they added an ad(?) at the very end.
These new guys really remind me of Orcs from Warcraft 3, the way they speak also is similar.
*cough* Meanwhile Fu Yao is forgotten somewhere
Dec 20, 2020 2:46 PM

Dec 2016
K2xSER said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Book 1 (this season) is all foreshadowing. The hints of a plot are meant to give you blue balls, unless you're big brained enough to put together the puzzle pieces before they start spelling stuff out for you.

I really enjoy that we've yet to find goal in this series and that it's foreshadowing for now. This is much sweeter in mystery genres where the MC don't even know what they are looking for at first. MXTX is really fine with putting clues all over the place. Makes me realise how many times I needed to read/watch some parts of MDZS to finally grab hold on some stuff.
Dec 23, 2020 7:04 AM

May 2017
K2xSER said:
Blue_Maroon said:

A really good TGCF theorist channel that I like to recommend for more concrete thinkers is Donghua Reviews. They're a first time watcher so they don't spoil anything, and serve as a great guide for people who have trouble picking up all the hidden meanings in everything that is shown this season.

Here's a link to the TGCF review playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WAJcDePV8M&list=PLlJYwvWje3Jdn3_YacbspJKKhahEpKZv8&index=3
this, i've still seen some people complained & really expecting everything got explained in one go, saying the character interaction or their motive & how they behave doesnt make sense. Some people really dont have patience and its show. Its ALL gonna make sense when we dived more into the story, why those character behave the way they do, their interaction, expression & small detail etc it's all have meaning. Just like others already explained season 1 only cover up book 1 which is more like introduction.
Jul 30, 2022 2:56 PM

Dec 2016
I never imagined the Banyue's soldiers to be so giant and hella strong. But it makes sense, I mean, in the novel it's mentioned they're 3 meters tall and were very ferocious in battle.
Apr 9, 4:17 PM

May 2021
San lang is def baiting mc lol
Inhales oxygen

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 11 Discussion

Xealias - Jan 1, 2021

32 by chuuyasbrat »»
Aug 31, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 5 Discussion

Xealias - Nov 20, 2020

41 by kittycroissant »»
Jul 27, 10:09 PM

» I'm confused

Cultured_kodaka - Jul 8

4 by CATALYST76 »»
Jul 19, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xealias - Nov 6, 2020

58 by LightNoragami1 »»
Jun 23, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Tian Guan Ci Fu Episode 2 Discussion

Xealias - Oct 30, 2020

37 by aBaDy10 »»
May 29, 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.