Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 29, 2019 6:05 AM

Oct 2007
Well, that was a fun 2 hours special (lots of tv ads in between as usual).
The opening song had a really nice jazz vibe.
Nice to see the usual anime style animation instead of CGI.
Overall a nice tv special. 8/10!
Nov 29, 2019 9:02 PM
May 2015
I was fortunate enough to catch this on YouTube. No subtitles, but I got the gist of the story: a Lupin caper with a "Man in the Iron Mask" story. Cool action, engaging drama, humor in the right places, all I missed was Fujiko fanservice.

It's a classic Red Jacket story, very enjoyable and entertaining.
Dec 30, 2019 11:09 AM

Nov 2016
Fujiko got her own harem hehe and lol, now I'm craving for a sandwich.

Lupin is always fun, but compared with some other movies or specials it was rather average.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 30, 2019 8:53 PM
Jul 2018
Although this special came out so sudden still to my surprise found better than the last special (Goodbye Partner) mainly in script that was full of cool ideas and nice character moments.

As long not animated by telecom ani, animation will be still the weakest point that affects execution at times. Also I always wanted to see how it feels like hearing remake of those old vocal soundtracks but damn I feel they really doesn't hold up!
Dec 31, 2019 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
Wow, that was a really good special. Miles better than Goodbye Partner.

I'll just go over what I liked briefly:
- Yata got some significant screentime. Nice to see him being established.
- Lupin, Jigen, and especially Goemon all got their fair share to the spotlight. I praise this specifically, because Goemon is usually there just for the sake of being there.
- The scenery was truly beautiful, and there was some nice animation thrown in there as well.
- Fujiko with a ponytail. Enough said.

All in all, 8/10

I'm looking forward to more of these specials.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Feb 23, 2020 4:24 PM

Sep 2011
It feels so good to watch Lupin, and this special was great too. I love these characters so much by now that every little interaction between them is pretty much a treat. Like when they were driving to get to the Kingdom. I really like Yata since he first appeared in Part V too, but I feel like he never shone like this before. That scene in which he grabbed a weapon and started shooting to help Zenigata and Jigen was really cool. Just like the way he went along with the flow and got along with Lupin and his team while they worked together for that brief time. I'm glad they brought him back for this. And Goemon arriving to help them after they shot down the helicopter was also great. I don't know about prophecies coming true, but I also loved that Goemon taught Fio how to slice a bullet and how Fio ended up being the "Swordsman of Light" himself. Well, at least that's a take you can have like Lorensa did. xD

And Finnegan was one cunning fellow. He took the King hostage in a cruel way, and was ready to take the Kingdom for himself by taking Fio's identity. I do love this kind of story. But he didn't know that Fio was still alive until Lorensa told the king so, right? How did he end up with the same long hair? xD Well, I guess it doesn't matter all that much. And I thought Fujiko would be long gone with the treasure before that missile blew it up, but she waited for Lupin, Jigen and Goemon so they could get away together instead. That was unexpected. lol She did try to get it all later with those other thieves, but Lupin's team was faster and got at least a box for themselves. xD And I loved the analogy with the sandwich, and how Goemon was able to find his answer of why he stays with them. A very short moment that was moving to be honest. So... Can we have more Lupin already?
Mar 9, 2020 1:26 AM
Apr 2013
I enjoyed it! The twists and turns were fun, the characters all got moments to shine. The villain I wasn't expecting and was entertaining.
Fujiko in a ponytail was certainly a highlight. :)
Apr 5, 2020 11:19 PM
Jul 2014
"Superheroe" and "Lupin Theme (vocal version)", that is all i need; 11/10
Oct 31, 2021 1:26 AM
Apr 2021
It simply went to my top 5 rating of the Lupin specials when I had seen it.Great jokes,all of the gang have had enough screentime,Zeni and Yata with the gang (rarely seen thing holy shit),great plot twists and awesome animation.What more would I wish for a perfect Lupin special?I loved it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Prison of the Past Episode 1 Discussion

Ranxomare - Oct 9, 2022

0 by Ranxomare »»
Oct 9, 2022 3:13 AM

» Hype Thread

Aiaigasa - Oct 22, 2019

3 by SilentKitsune_95 »»
Dec 8, 2019 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.