Forum Settings
Forums

Kamen Rider Zero-One Series Discussion (2019-2020)

New
Sep 16, 2019 11:13 PM
Observer

Nov 2007

Please put any potential spoilers behind a spoiler tag until the series has concluded airing.

Episode 1 Thoughts:

Episode 2 Thoughts:

Episode 3 Thoughts:

So far, the 3 first episodes are all extremely strong. Now I am afraid I am going to be disappointed if the rest of the series fizzle out or does not live up to my standard. :(
m4rc0Sep 22, 2019 9:42 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 21, 2019 5:42 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Episode 4 Thoughts (watched TV asahi live):

Still going very strong but I am always afraid they will run out of plot if they keep at this pace...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 22, 2019 11:37 AM

Jan 2013
Quick thoughts so far:
-love the general brisk pacing, episode 1 came out swinging and there's some big developments happening pretty quick - the AIMS duo getting their suits in episodes 2 and 3, some interpersonal intrigue, episode 4 having Aruto reveal himself to Isamu so soon, etc
-most of the CG is great, but there's some iffy stuff like with the bus in episode 1, but for the most part quite impressive like the last few seasons
-glad to have a true female secondary and very capable at that, Yua is straight-laced and tough without being obnoxious, and her battle in episode 3 was super badass
-lots of great fight choreo in general
-Aruto is an endearing lead, really compassionate and I like how they undercut his pun humour as pretty cringey, but in a wholesome way, I hate puns myself but Aruto's boisterous delivery really makes it
-Episode 1 was such a dynamic opener, and Episode 3 had a layered look at robotics, Japanese pride, aging, etc in a really nuanced and potent way, can't wait to see how things develop down the line, episode 2 was also fun, just not as fresh in my memory

Episode 4:
-I kinda like this early conceit of Aruto just going around seeing HumaGears on the job, familiarizing himself with their roles, check up on how they're doing, etc, helps him learn about his own role as the CEO of Hiden, creating HumaGears and helping society along and such
-now we got a story about some kid whose dad was blamed for the Daybreak Incident and feeling the burden of his dad's mistakes, Isamu bringing him along to search for the truth, sharing his frustration with the incident and all, thankfully the airs are cleared for the dad, and the boy doesn't have to carry that shame either, doesn't quite feel as personal as last week's episode, more about how it leads into the bigger plot, but still nice
-more of the butting heads with Hiden's VP, Aruto as the young, honest new perspective trying to dig out some of the corporate skeletons in the closet

So yeah, another solid episode, I prefer the odd-numbered ones so far, but still pretty consistently strong. I'm glad the pacing is fast, keeps things engaging, but yeah I too am a bit concerned about the long term, Ex-Aid also started out swinging pretty well but would get into some ruts later down the line, so even if the opening parts are good, hopefully Yuya Takahashi (?) can maintain it for the whole of the series this time, I'm sure we'll get lots of twists and big developments to keep things fresh, because my uncertainty about how it can still grow with like 45 more episodes-ish also has me excited about having no idea where things are headed with so much time left. Here's hoping it gets even better!
Sep 22, 2019 10:01 PM

Mar 2008
Well, it's a strong start, that's for sure.

Am I afraid it'll go stale with time? Well, all KR and Sentai do. We used to have a term here for that mid series lack of quality, but I don't remember right now (been a while since I discussed Toku, should have come to discuss LuPat which was great). After the big power up in the late 20's early thirties it normally gets a bit boring until it enters endgame.

Thing is, this series has a really strong cast, and I think they'll grow on me even more. I'm in love with Yua and both Aruto and Isamu are godd characters and have a good rider-like personality. Izu is also great and it seems she'll be more than just an aide from the OP. The dynamic they have going on between the characters is also good. So I think the slump won't be as boring as most series.

The villains still didn't show much, but I hope they end up being more interesting than they are so far. Interesting villains were one of the main reasons W and Drive were good.

If we are lucky, the enemies will be interesting and we'll have enough plot and twists to make it a great series.
Sep 29, 2019 1:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Episode 5 Thoughts:
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Sep 30, 2019 8:36 PM

Mar 2008
Oct 1, 2019 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
Episode 5:
Oct 6, 2019 12:16 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Episode 6 Thoughts:
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Oct 9, 2019 8:18 PM

Mar 2008
Oct 13, 2019 2:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Episode 7

bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Oct 19, 2019 8:11 PM

Jan 2013
More catchup, been preoccupied lately.

Episode 6:

Episode 7:

Oct 20, 2019 12:38 PM

Jan 2013
Episode 8:

Oct 20, 2019 1:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Episode 8

bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Oct 27, 2019 9:44 PM

Jan 2013
Episode 9:

Nov 7, 2019 4:35 PM

Mar 2008
8 and 9
Nov 19, 2019 1:39 PM

Jan 2013
10 & 11:

Nov 25, 2019 8:22 PM

Jan 2013
12:

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Global YouTube Channel【TOEI TOKUSATSU WORLD OFFICIAL】

prepare4trouble - Mar 22, 2020

0 by prepare4trouble »»
Mar 22, 2020 6:09 PM

» Your First Tokusatsu

CCZilla - Feb 17, 2009

34 by prepare4trouble »»
Mar 22, 2020 6:02 PM

Sticky: » Kamen Rider BUILD Series Discussion (2017-2018)

Susan - Sep 16, 2017

13 by Susan »»
May 15, 2018 3:26 AM

» Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Series Discussion (2016-2017)

Susan - Mar 19, 2017

19 by Punkbeetle »»
Oct 8, 2017 2:34 PM

» KR: Stuff about today's riders that make you think "WTH?"

Susan - Jul 25, 2009

40 by Punkbeetle »»
Feb 13, 2017 4:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.