Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 19, 2017 10:04 PM

Jul 2007
Hi guys! Here's a topic where we can discuss Ex-Aid freely without crowding out the more general toku discussion in the comments on the main page..

Please post any specific/plot-related discussion behind a spoiler tag until the series has finished airing.
SusanSep 16, 2017 8:58 AM
<---made of awesome!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 19, 2017 10:09 PM

Jul 2007
Here is some discussion Recently culled from the comments due its spoilery nature. Stuff that wasn't spoilers has been left open, while I put our more spoilery comments behind a spoiler tag.

@Punkbeetle @KamenRiderMagna @KuroJack21

Punkbeetle
@Susan The pacing of Ex-aid is quite interesting. It feels like we are gearing up for the final battle - even though we havent even passed the mid season line. Wonder how they will fill up the second half of the show ?

KuroJack21
Genm's latest henshin is so cool ! The designs could have been a little better but overall Ex-Aid is good !

Susan

KuroJack21

KamenRiderMagna
<---made of awesome!
Mar 19, 2017 10:11 PM

Jul 2007
@KamenRiderMagna

edit: after episode 23, I know I was wrong. That episode was great though!

SusanMar 20, 2017 2:01 AM
<---made of awesome!
Apr 1, 2017 9:13 PM

Jul 2013
Have you guys saw the new opening of Ex-Aid its awesome.

I'm gonna call it Graphite will become Chronos. I don't know who else would it be. Also, having Nico being relevant by making her a Kamen Rider (despite being a Chronicle trooper) but kudos to Toei for that.

Apr 27, 2017 10:47 PM

Jul 2007
Just watched episode 28! Lots of clues throughout the series for the end of this one, but still it came as a shock to me!

Can't wait for next week!
<---made of awesome!
Apr 28, 2017 10:19 AM

Jul 2008
Susan said:
Just watched episode 28! Lots of clues throughout the series for the end of this one, but still it came as a shock to me!

Yeah, they are trying to tease that reveal but we all know how deceptive Kamen Rider previews get...

Anyway, Dokimeki crisis~! Cant get that tune outta my head!
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Apr 28, 2017 8:17 PM

Jul 2007

@Punkbeetle Well, this is a very unique case.

This whole thing makes me feel really bad for Pallad. He's been one of the best villains I've ever seen; he just wants to play the game, to do the thing he was created for, and no one will just shut up and play with him, not even Emu. I like how he's been portrayed in that respect; he's single-minded, sure, but complex enough to plan for every angle.
SusanApr 28, 2017 8:24 PM
<---made of awesome!
Apr 29, 2017 5:16 AM

Jun 2016
I like how they put the OP theme as the ending sometimes and it didn't affect the mood at all. In fact, it made it better in some episodes. Also, as Ex-Aid uses game mechanics, I find it refreshing. It's because we know the Levels of the enemies, so using a Level equal to or greater to the opponent is the logical choice. And because of the game mechanics , we kinda understand why the heroes or villains struggles during a fight. We know it's because the difference in power, but in this case, we can actually compare their levels/upgrades. In other series, the villains seems super strong in the beginning and they kinda get weaker throughout the series and it sometimes seems unnatural (at least to me). But in Ex-Aid, we get it, lv5 couldn't beat lv10, or there are some upgrades that the Riders pick up that increases their strength etc....so it wouldn't feel like they've won because they believe in the heart of cards or sth lol. Well, this is just what I think, and yeah this could potentially be one of my favourite KR series. Can't wait for the next game!
Apr 29, 2017 8:14 AM

Nov 2016
Susan said:

I also can't wait to know what happens. Ex-aid is turning out like Gaim (which is good). I have yet to see Amazons S2, but Ex-aid now is cool.
May 1, 2017 11:28 AM
Apr 2014
I have now decided to go back and watch this show from the beginning lol
I'm so glad Ex-Aid has turned out this good so far!
May 11, 2017 10:25 PM

Jul 2007
Holy crap! Episode 30!

I should have known. This show keeps surprising me in great ways. I love it!
<---made of awesome!
May 12, 2017 7:11 AM

Jun 2016
Memes material is back aahahhaa
Jun 27, 2017 3:58 PM

Jul 2008
KuroJack21 said:
Memes material is back aahahhaa

Legitimately the best character of the show. It's more the ''what crazy antics is Kuroto up to this week'' show than Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.

Anyway, Hyper muteki just made it's debut and wow. That was some crazy hair swings, haha. It doesnt look bad... it kinda looks like a Super Saiyan 3, but just as most of Ex-Aid's riders. It doesnt fit the Rider theme all too much.

Emperor Kiva did gold good. You need to balance out gold. Covering everything just overpowers the whole suit. Hyper Muteki looks just too overpowering.
Bonus points for trying something totally different though.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Jun 27, 2017 10:20 PM

Jun 2016
"Hyper Muteki, a game where the main character have unparalleled power!"
Isn't that cheating ahaahhaahhaha
Jul 29, 2017 7:13 PM

Jul 2007
KuroJack21 said:
"Hyper Muteki, a game where the main character have unparalleled power!"
Isn't that cheating ahaahhaahhaha

What, you never played on God mode?

When I was a kid I used to love running through Commander Keen with GOD on.
<---made of awesome!
Jul 29, 2017 9:49 PM

Jun 2016
No I haven't lol. I don't play much games. But I thought of the gashats as individual games rather than a new mode for a character, so that's why. Maybe it's just my lack of knowledge or me overthinking stuff lol.
Jul 30, 2017 2:42 AM

Jul 2007
KuroJack21 said:
No I haven't lol. I don't play much games. But I thought of the gashats as individual games rather than a new mode for a character, so that's why. Maybe it's just my lack of knowledge or me overthinking stuff lol.

Oh, no, you were right. They're individual games. God Mode (a concept in gaming) is just what I associate Hyper Muteki with. To me, it's like Shin Kuroto hacked an X game to unlock God Mode. XD God Mode is basically when a character is invincible, usually has unlimited access to items and abilities, and can sometimes even reach normally inaccessible areas of the game.

So yeah.
Gashats=game cartridges
Gamer Drivers=game consoles
Chronicle Gashats=Um. Gameboy? Or Tamogotchi. HA.
<---made of awesome!
Jul 30, 2017 6:39 AM

Jun 2016
I see, that would make more sense lol.
Sep 16, 2017 8:58 AM

Jul 2007
What a letdown that ending was. Fell flat for me. Cool to see them fight as Level 1s, uncool to go without a satisfying resolution.
<---made of awesome!
Oct 8, 2017 2:34 PM

Jul 2008
Susan said:
What a letdown that ending was. Fell flat for me. Cool to see them fight as Level 1s, uncool to go without a satisfying resolution.

Isnt that why we are getting that movie ? They are going the Decade route. Now lets just hope they actually make it good. Seriously, what a mess Decade's story eventually got..,

Anyway, I personally found Ex-aid to be surprisingly good. Sure, near the 30's it slowed down a bit and it seemed like they were padding it quite a bit with Chronus for a bit -especially noticeable because of their lowered episode count- but overall I never really felt that the show was bad. Or at the very least stay that way for a bit.

Characters were overall good with Shin Kuroto Dan really being the standout. You could just tell his actor was loving every moment of it.
I honestly can't say I disliked any of the cast this time.

Design-wise though... Those eyes, those eyes are just so... un-characteristic ? Ex-Aid eyes while I guess fitting never really gelled with me that well and Hyper Muteki was Super Rider 3 XD And Chronus was clearly Wizard recycled., and Knock-out/puzzle was awful untill it's lvl 50 form.
On the flip side Dangerous Zombie, Dangerous Zombie so much, everything about him oozed awesomeness.

All in all, not one I would advise people to watch first but most definitely one of my best liked season of Rider.
PunkbeetleOct 8, 2017 2:40 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Global YouTube Channel【TOEI TOKUSATSU WORLD OFFICIAL】

prepare4trouble - Mar 22, 2020

0 by prepare4trouble »»
Mar 22, 2020 6:09 PM

» Your First Tokusatsu

CCZilla - Feb 17, 2009

34 by prepare4trouble »»
Mar 22, 2020 6:02 PM

Sticky: » Kamen Rider Zero-One Series Discussion (2019-2020)

wakka9ca - Sep 16, 2019

16 by AngelsArcanum »»
Nov 25, 2019 8:22 PM

Sticky: » Kamen Rider BUILD Series Discussion (2017-2018)

Susan - Sep 16, 2017

13 by Susan »»
May 15, 2018 3:26 AM

» KR: Stuff about today's riders that make you think "WTH?"

Susan - Jul 25, 2009

40 by Punkbeetle »»
Feb 13, 2017 4:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.