Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

This show proves the theory that most Animes featuring only 1 male lead among a majority female cast are Crap

New
Nov 5, 2017 12:23 AM
Jul 2015
This crappy show proves the theory that most Animes featuring only 1 male lead among a majority female cast are Crap. Like this poster said in this Japanese thread >> http://anihatsu.com/archives/56769416.html

65: 2016年3月17日(木)
女が多いアニメって95%くそつまんねえんだよな

Translation : 95% of Animes where there are many females among the main cast are boring crap.

My Comment : Statistically it's proven to be true, as most of the shows I've enjoyed so far all feature at least 2 males in the main cast, like in Gamers!, Just Because, Blend S, and many others. Youkoso Jitsuryoku was also somewhat OK, as it had a large and decent cast of male characters appearing, and has a balanced ratio of female-male characters spanning across the side characters and main cast. Compared to that, single male lead harem shows all seem very boring. I hope we don't see any more Animes like this where there are no other male characters in the main cast other than the MC. It's getting very unbearable.

I wonder what is going on in the brains of Authors/creators in Japan making series where there is only one male in the main cast surrounded by females. It seems psychologically easy to deduce that such authors are single people with no same-gender friends, so that's why they created series where there is only one male/female surrounded by members of the opposite sex. I mean, come on ! I don't mind Harem or Reverse Harem shows, but at least cast another male or female in the main cast other than the MC. Multiple couples are way better than Harem crap.

There are other romance shows with multiple couples, but too bad we don't have that many Battle Anime where there are 2 males in the main cast where both gets their own girls.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Nov 5, 2017 12:28 AM

Apr 2014
Anime is just wish fulfillment to some, needless to say, not everyone has the same wish.
If you don't like harem shows with only the MC being male, then don't watch it; it should be apparent from the cover or synopsis.
Nov 7, 2017 9:06 PM

Jul 2015
Lol, this was the show that made you think that? Took you awhile, bud.
Nov 7, 2017 9:22 PM
Aug 2012
Whining idiots and Wannabe Elitists(?) don't represent the Majority of anime fans.....so how about not over-generalizing. I am not even watching the show since i won't like it but this post was stupid as f**k. Not to mention it only has the new anime from last 2 seasons as examples so obviously a newbie.

If people want to complain about harems, then what about reverse-harems, shoujo, yaoi or yuri anime? All of them have the same issue and pander to a certain group of people. No but people always have to complain because ONE guy gets ALL the girls.....sigh.

Nov 10, 2017 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
Dat generalization my dude!

I don't think the show is that great but its not actually bad.

And by the way just because there is only ONE male lead, doesn't mean its crap. :/

Of course mediocre? Yes. But that generalization is just stupid. And that really doesn't represent the community either.
Nov 10, 2017 11:37 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
@Wasshio

Every single thing OP posts, in every thread, is to spam about his desire for a harem with 2 MCs and nothing more. Just take the generalizations with a grain of salt, he already has a strong tendency to twist the things he (rather liberally) translates into people agreeing with his narrative more than they clearly do.

It's all about trying to further this weird narrative he has in mind. Judging by some of his past posts, he's either just a really dedicated shitposter or wants to convince publishers people are calling for his idea since he used to leave his email address in case anybody wanted to contact him about his story ideas. Either way, I've sort of taken it upon myself to tell people not to pay any mind. It's been this way for a few weeks now.

Jun 13, 2020 2:18 AM

Aug 2018
there are alot of good harem shows. this just isnt one of them

Aug 22, 2022 6:56 PM
May 2019
Most anime like this are at the top for me. It's battle shounen that's at the bottom of the barrel as far as I'm concerned.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2017

73 by tmoverbeck »»
Apr 10, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2017

138 by tmoverbeck »»
Apr 3, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2017

44 by Arska551 »»
Dec 11, 2023 12:39 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2017

64 by White_Alice »»
May 5, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2017

66 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Aug 22, 2022 7:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.