Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2016 3:59 AM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok lol. That German guy speaks japanese better than German XD I haven't see one anime yet with German voice actors or people who speaks it fluently.
Dec 9, 2016 12:03 PM

Oct 2012
Interesting premise for this show. I think I'll definitely keep watching.
Feb 8, 2020 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
The art quality is definitely stunning for series like this.
Opening song is super nostalgic. I really liked character design too.
One girl per episode huh?
Looks interesting.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Oct 20, 2020 8:47 PM
Jul 2017
Me quedé con algunas dudas sobre el primer amor de la chica. Y también, que pasó con el hombre austríaco.
Por otro lado, execelente ambientación y calidad visual. Bien manejado la historia. Espero que siga así.
Mar 2, 2021 10:17 PM
Nov 2020
CCL_Sama said:
Ok lol. That German guy speaks japanese better than German XD I haven't see one anime yet with German voice actors or people who speaks it fluently.

To be fair, that guy could actually be Austrian which explains the thick "accent" LOL j/k.

Anyways, you're the only one so far in this thread who actually talked about the first episode...

...why was Akira embarrassed in the beginning and hid the "8" card from view? Does that mean she got 8th place and she was embarrassed about that?

Also, that German/Austrian guy ...was he supposed to be the romantic interest in this episode? Or was he just some altruistic piano player that didn't want to see a promising violinist prematurely quit? And then Akira's flashbacks hint that she was interested in some younger guy, but we don't get to see his face. Besides, Akira is still in high school and that foreign guy seems to be middle-aged. Hopefully he wasn't trying to romantically pursue her because that just seems really weird given the age difference.

I like the artstyle and other aesthetics in this show, and it reminds me of how great "older" anime can be (I was in elementary school when this one released). I need to make it a habit to keep an older title in my daily rotation of anime viewing. You won't see anime like this being made anymore due to the conveniences of computers and CGI.
Apr 23, 2021 10:48 PM

Jun 2015
Very interesting first episode. Incredible artwork and music. I like the overall concept of this show as well. This could turn out great

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sentimental Journey Episode 3 Discussion

rsc-pl - Jun 20, 2020

1 by haydenluvsanime »»
May 8, 2021 4:18 AM

Poll: » Sentimental Journey Episode 2 Discussion

haydenluvsanime - Apr 23, 2021

0 by haydenluvsanime »»
Apr 23, 2021 11:22 PM

Poll: » Sentimental Journey General Discussion

Mayuka - Sep 25, 2014

5 by Fronzel »»
Dec 27, 2020 10:16 AM

Poll: » Sentimental Journey Episode 9 Discussion

Fronzel - Dec 27, 2020

0 by Fronzel »»
Dec 27, 2020 10:04 AM

Poll: » Sentimental Journey Episode 11 Discussion

CCL_Sama - Aug 16, 2016

1 by Fronzel »»
Dec 26, 2020 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.