Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2016 8:58 PM

Oct 2014
Does she regain the ability to communicate with it again when she recovers her powers?

Edit: nevermind.
SonataApr 18, 2016 7:24 AM
May 3, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 2015
I guess the "notification" is because noone replied and not because you lost interest/found out yourself (?)
If that's the case i may be able to help! I finished watching the movie about an hour ago and i also wanted to find out.So, a while before reading your topic i found out that Jiji remained the same and was not able to communicate with Kiki like they did before.
Based on the novel, the trainee witch and the cat are growing up together.They develop a strong relationship and are able to communicate in order to help each other.Which means it has nothing to do with her magical powers.It means that Kiki is now a full fledged witch, capable of doing things on her own.Jiji is focused on taking care of his family.Of course their relationship remains strong!
Hope it helped :)
My name is Kino.
I'm on a journey, traveling to various places.
And you are?
Jun 12, 2016 12:49 PM

Nov 2009
PanteZ said:
I guess the "notification" is because noone replied and not because you lost interest/found out yourself (?)
If that's the case i may be able to help! I finished watching the movie about an hour ago and i also wanted to find out.So, a while before reading your topic i found out that Jiji remained the same and was not able to communicate with Kiki like they did before.
Based on the novel, the trainee witch and the cat are growing up together.They develop a strong relationship and are able to communicate in order to help each other.Which means it has nothing to do with her magical powers.It means that Kiki is now a full fledged witch, capable of doing things on her own.Jiji is focused on taking care of his family.Of course their relationship remains strong!

I was curious about this after watching too...
Thanks for the info!!
Feb 23, 2020 2:06 PM

Jun 2014
PanteZ said:

Thanks for sharing this! I've just watched the film and was curious about it too!
Nov 9, 2020 12:05 AM

Dec 2016
Thats somewhat disappointing. I thought the cat being able to talk to kiki played a major role in her life and removing the ability of communication between them is like removing jiji from her life. Poor decision Making in my opinion...
Nov 28, 2020 7:05 AM
Feb 2019
PanteZ said:
This is really a good way to put it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Nov 28, 2020 7:16 AM

May 2018
Goku3761 said:
Thats somewhat disappointing. I thought the cat being able to talk to kiki played a major role in her life and removing the ability of communication between them is like removing jiji from her life. Poor decision Making in my opinion...

One major theme of the film is independence. The film is a coming-of-age about about the transition from childhood into adulthood. The whole film is about Kiki attempting to live by herself at such a young age and she even has to start a business. However throughout the film she always had to get help from other people and her friends, including Jiji. When Jiji is no longer able to talk she is not able to rely on him and the fact he does not ever talk again (in the subbed version) represents how she is now independent and does not need Jiji's help. Kiki has grown up and has moved past the need for Jiji to support her and talk to her. Even the creator, Miyazaki, has said that "Jiji is the immature side of Kiki, and this (Jiji losing the ability to talk) implies that Kiki, by the end of the original Japanese version, has matured beyond talking to her cat"

So to sum up, the reason why Jiji is not able to talk again is because she no longer depends on him in her life.
Nov 28, 2020 10:56 AM

Dec 2016
Interesting, I guess I have to agree with your point when you put it like that. It was just bittersweet in a way because although it's a happy ending that she can now move on to her second phase of life, it was sad when she was trying to talk to jiji and he didn't respond.

Thanks for your clarification :)
Apr 21, 2021 5:02 PM

May 2019
So every black talking cat that follows a 13 years witch in the beggining of her trainee year, turns into a regular cat in the end of this year, as a signal of maturity.

Maybe that's why the other girl witch had a silent presumptuous cat lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majo no Takkyuubin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Beatnik - Jul 9, 2008

123 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jun 24, 12:46 PM

» Have you grown up watching Ghibli movies?

Reckless_weeb - Jun 12, 2022

32 by Zombunny343 »»
Aug 28, 2022 1:57 PM

» Moral of the story?

QueenModdy - Jun 13, 2011

8 by HibiChika »»
Jan 19, 2022 12:44 PM

» Kiki's Delivery Service ---> Amazon Drone Delivery

J_LEE_C - Mar 29, 2018

13 by LIQfilms »»
Mar 30, 2018 1:02 PM

» Looking for subbed?

Godel - Jul 16, 2008

8 by Setsuna200 »»
Dec 28, 2012 6:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.