Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2016 5:58 PM
Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Atobe is just unrivalled in his prince like habbits, with Sanada it's even more flamboyant- just perfect for me^^
Jul 19, 2016 7:05 PM
Jul 2018
Atobe & Sanada doubles pair was really unexpected. Seems kinda silly that they didn't get to practice together before.. Isn't that just common sense? They don't seem like much of a doubles team right now but I also can't imagine them losing here...
Apr 22, 12:15 PM

Aug 2012
Atobe & Sanada as a pair makes no sense, basically weakens their singles line up considerably.

Also we're back to the losing games deliberately BS. It's honestly by far the worst trend in the show and simply not how Tennis works at all and if you add in the fact the USA team want to literally look like a million bucks it is also completely at odds with that. Like the theory is they want to see all of Atobe & Sanada's special moves which for one is a weak mentality if you think about it, but also once they've seen them they're 4 games down. So now Atobe & Sanada get 4 games to see their special moves so what was the point?

Also this filler arc presenting this game in a huge stadium is really annoying, fun but annoiying. It's going to make future progress of the team seem small in comparison. I really hate filler that does this.

Finally you just know the idea of Atobe & Sanada going up first as a doubles pair (which again makes no sense) is so they'll lose and make the eventual win for our heroes seem like a much steeper climb.

I'm trying to switch off my brain abit with this arc and treat it as the fun nonsense it is but it is challenging to do at times.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 178 Discussion

Seabury - Dec 28, 2011

19 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 30, 10:35 AM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 171 Discussion

Toots - Nov 15, 2014

4 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 29, 9:51 AM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 149 Discussion

Yoruichy - Feb 4, 2012

4 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 23, 10:15 AM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 92 Discussion

greenmush - Jul 10, 2010

5 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 9, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Prince of Tennis Episode 71 Discussion

deuchi - Feb 5, 2011

14 by BlaizeV »»
Apr 4, 11:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.