Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2016 5:08 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
After Karen won the last Squad Jam, she thankfully overcame her height complex and even became a more outgoing girl. Ironically, the masculine opponents she faced that time were actually high school students she passes by on occasion. Due to sharing similar hobbies, they already all become pretty good friends.

Once again, I really love how expanded the SAO universe is. With the duo that wrote Kino no Tabi helming this series, that aspects makes things all the better. For example, the high school girls explain how VR has been helping them improve teamwork for their gymnastic clubs through the use of FullDive Sports Simulators along with mentions of in-dive sports competitions.
Feb 24, 2016 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
I wonder what other type of weapons and vehicles will be shown in this series.

Kinda surprised Keiichi Sigsawa wrote this but the world fiction seems diverse so far. Not bad for Karen's development so far although I thought the story so far is fairly predictable.
Feb 24, 2016 10:24 AM
Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
Not bad for Karen's development so far although I thought the story so far is fairly predictable.
From what I'm reading, you're implying that predictability is a bad thing. Alternative is more focused on the execution rather than the surprise factor, and does so by building on more of the mechanics and lore of GGO in a similar style as Reki's main SAO series, but in a third person perspective which makes it refreshing to read. It doesn't need to be unpredictable to be an entertaining read since Alternative is more or less an expansion to the SAO universe.
Jul 8, 2017 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
It was an epic volume!

Wow, seven teams who cooperated together in order to defeat Pitohui's team got wiped out so easily.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Volume 1 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Apr 19, 2015

2 by Inhka »»
Aug 19, 2022 11:10 PM

» Where to start after anime.

Lfernando004 - Mar 29, 2021

1 by RackyJackie »»
Apr 1, 2021 6:13 PM

» Time gap between volume 9 and 10

FiraDeviant - Mar 20, 2021

0 by FiraDeviant »»
Mar 20, 2021 5:06 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Volume 3 Discussion

removed-user - Sep 29, 2018

0 by removed-user »»
Sep 29, 2018 12:57 PM

» America? Anime?

NG_Chloe - Apr 12, 2017

2 by NG_Chloe »»
Nov 9, 2017 4:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.