Forum Settings
Forums
Knights of Sidonia
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2016 12:54 PM

Aug 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well. Might as well create a discussion for those who have seen it. Spoilers for people who haven't seen Season 1, this movie and read Chapter 13 of the manga obviously.

So, I managed to watch this with chinese subs. It's a 120 minutes long recap of season 1 (so half as long).

Really, all they did was remove some scenes and re-arrange the order of scenes (again).

BUT, they did add the hot bath scene from chapter 13 at the 95th minute.

So, no random Yuhata bumping on Izana & Nagate when they were fishing (and Nagate got accidentally hooked) and then inviting them to go to the hot baths at her house.

Here the scene is incorporated and replacing the underground lodge corridor exploration (which was when Nagate said yes to both Izana & Yuhata in Chapter 18 when they asked him out to 'wind up' from his daily Placenta Hoshijiro visiting.)
Said tunel exploration leads the three protagonists up to Ochiai's internment facility and then get put to sleep, at which point Izana's grandma and Captain Kobaashi explain some stuff about the chimera and artificial Kabi to Nagate IIRC

Also, the bath scene is reversed here, if I can say, instead of having Nagate suddenly stands up in front of Izana & Yuhata, making them blush:

Well, it's Izana who's standing up here:

And then all three of them get gazed (while still being at Captain Kobayashi's lodging in this movie since they never went to visit Yuhata's place at all here) and put to sleep, linking the dots.

It's interesting to see Izana standing up like this considering Izana has been pretty shy when it comes to taking a skin dip alongside Nagate... This seem to contradict a bit her personality from the manga...

May 31, 2017 7:39 AM

Feb 2013
It was a decent recap.
Apr 11, 2019 2:58 AM

May 2016
It's been a long time since I've last watched the original anime and most of the movie felt like I was watching it for the first time again despite remembering it for the most part. Revisiting how Hoshijiro proved herself to be a powerful contender as the best girl in Tanikaze's harem and seeing her die again was as tough as the first time I saw it, that's for sure.

I forgot how much of a third wheel Shinatose was and it's really funny to see her act irked whenever she gets thrown out of the conversation. The hot spring scene was adorable but I really want to see what the both of them saw down there ♡

It's as nice and brutal as the anime, definitely!

Dec 21, 2019 9:18 PM
Jul 2018
And I _still_ don't understand why Kobayashi secretly runs a inn...

More topics from this board

» Movie trailer

cupc - Dec 5, 2014

4 by tsubasalover »»
Apr 26, 2017 5:37 AM

» Preview

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

4 by Stark700 »»
Mar 3, 2015 2:34 AM

» Key Visual

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Nov 23, 2014 8:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.