Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2015 5:52 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty average and pretty expecting ending, but all in all it was not as bad as I expected it to be.
Aug 4, 2016 1:41 AM

Jul 2014
And with that, the movie is over. Everyone wanted a piece of Sonic. Sara trying to get him to marry her. LOL.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Jan 10, 2019 12:23 PM

Sep 2018
TricksterZero said:
And with that, the movie is over. Everyone wanted a piece of Sonic. Sara trying to get him to marry her. LOL.

I didn't think she said sonic's name, she seemed to have the hots for Knuckles in this one so I thought that was who she was calling out to marry her.

anyhow I really enjoyed this, not sure why so many people hate on this OVA in the reviews. Maybe just because it was popular to hate anything sonic a few years back. Or maybe rather it's because they watched the dubbed version, which I watched all of 30 seconds of just to see how good/bad the dub was and was like "nope".
KristiwazhereJan 10, 2019 12:30 PM
Nov 6, 2019 2:18 AM
Nov 2013
The dub was fine though.
Apr 17, 2020 12:08 AM

Mar 2020
Fashion_Mage said:
The dub was fine though.

I agree! The dub voices work in their own way. I kinda loved how nasally Tails' voice was.

Maybe I just feel this way because cowboy hat knuckles weakened all of my objectivity.
Aug 2, 2020 11:43 AM
Jun 2017
R.I.P Metal Sonic !!!
Aug 27, 2020 9:26 AM
Jun 2017
RafaelDeJongh said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty average and pretty expecting ending, but all in all it was not as bad as I expected it to be.

How can say that ?... It must be one of the best anime adaptation of sonic the hedgegog.
Jan 11, 2021 11:02 AM

Jan 2017
Clumsily animated for the most part.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
May 14, 2021 4:53 PM
Mar 2021
This OVA exceeded my expectations, I really enjoyed the way Sonic, Tails and Knuckles were handled there. And just like 99% of the Sonic games, the music is also great.

The scene of Metal Sonic dying is a bit too dark for a product aimed at children though.
Oct 2, 12:11 PM

Sep 2023
One of my earliest anime experiences. I was a huge classic sonic fan as a kid, so this short movie hit all the right neurons in my brain like fanboy pinball. Also, Metal Sonic.... damn.....
“There’s man all over for you, blaming on his boots the faults of his feet.”- Waiting For Godot

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which dub of Sonic is worse: OVA or Sonic X?

funtime43_tr - Oct 26, 2023

3 by RcAges »»
Oct 27, 2023 11:22 PM

Poll: » Sonic the Hedgehog Episode 1 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 12, 2015

5 by Pual »»
Nov 26, 2022 8:15 PM

Poll: » Who do you like more?

removed-user - Jul 1, 2021

7 by Mici_101 »»
Jul 18, 2022 1:02 AM

» Does anyone know who was responsible for the soundtrack?

Reshiram_IX - Jul 16, 2021

1 by Scordolo »»
Jul 17, 2021 12:51 AM

» Who else saw this movie as a child?

iwjwammfa - Mar 9, 2016

6 by PureStone »»
Jul 20, 2020 9:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.