Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 6, 2021 10:16 AM

Jul 2020
As if this anime wasn't already bold in it's themes it now shows incest type relationships anything is possible for this show at this point.

Atlos said:
Incest is wincest

Um. Sir.
Dec 6, 2021 10:18 AM

Aug 2018
crack said:
As if this anime wasn't already bold in it's themes it now shows incest type relationships anything is possible for this show at this point.

Atlos said:
Incest is wincest

Um. Sir.
I'm being framed.
_______I like rocks__
Mar 12, 2022 1:37 PM

Oct 2016
I didn't like this episode that much. It felt out of character for kozue and miki felt a lifeless background character, he didn't contribute to anything interesting. Also, the incest storyline was a copy-paste from the nanami-utena duel episode. So far, the black rose arc feels like an excuse to just throw more fights at utena's way...
Mar 13, 2022 9:16 AM

Jan 2022
Honestly whats this anime's obsession with incest.. Like, it was already weird with Nanami and Touga but then they extend it to Anthy and Akio and also Miki and Kozue? Makes it hard to like any of them when they're all in love with their siblings- Glad utena's an only child at that point.

Also I agree with Dang0z, the whole fight felt like a copy paste of utena's fight with nanami and I don't like how it was almost the exact same as the fight in the last episode, only difference is kozue lasted longer than kanae.

Can't say much about Kozue, she just feels like a copy paste of Nanami but Miki felt way out of character this episode too.

Really I just want them to stop showcasing the incest so much and show off the other themes listed in the background on the mal page, like it says "Childhood idealism, illusions, ambition, adulthood, sexuality, abuse, incest and identity are all prominent themes which are explored" yet alls I'm seeing is incest, with very little of the other themes. Like, switch it up or something
Sep 9, 2022 9:31 PM

May 2022
great duel, Himemiya is safe, and hopefully Kozue isn't as jealous anymore. also what is Himemiya's brother up to at the end, I have a bad feeling about this.
Oct 6, 2022 9:45 AM
May 2015
Anthy mocking Mickey with the "Choo Choo" at the very end made me guffaw. Had me like 😳
Feb 27, 2023 6:15 PM
Feb 2023
as i imagined..... the student council really are just (pretentious) puppets.... 
bloomeringFeb 27, 2023 6:35 PM
Nov 17, 2023 10:52 PM

Apr 2017
This is getting similar to Princess Tutu in a way. It's funny because Princess Tutu is the reason I decided to give this anime a second shot. In Princess Tutu, the first arc was the happy fairy tale ending, and the second arc flipped that. In the first arc of this anime, everyone who challenges Utena to a fight wants to make Anthy their bride. In this arc, it seems like everyone who challenges Utena to a fight hates Anthy.
Mar 11, 7:10 PM

Dec 2020
Zero normal brother sister relationships in this show lol
Mar 30, 2:09 PM
Jul 2022
Great episode as always!! All episodes I've watched so far were really good
May 15, 8:04 PM
Jan 2018
I guess it's an unofficial rule that every relationship in this anime other than Utena and Anthy has to be fucked up. If nothing else, it leads to extremely watchable tv.

This anime is obsessed with picking different ways to torment Anthy per season. First this anime Slapped, now Anthy is being used by her brother. I'm honestly curious how low they will go next time.

I also enjoy the Daimon vibes of this arc. It's not quite as lit but it's pretty great.

I hope Touga becomes more interesting after getting his ass kicked. At least Nanami went back to being unattractive. I guess that's something.
MFDOOMEDMay 18, 8:20 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 27, 2008

91 by SashaTB »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Alicia3000 - May 2, 2009

145 by MFDOOMED »»
May 30, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Apr 25, 2009

92 by BreadKingBread »»
May 30, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kotori - Jan 23, 2009

202 by Fafette »»
May 23, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

jacobpaige - Mar 27, 2008

73 by GarfYouCant »»
May 23, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.