Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 22, 2013 9:19 PM

Sep 2011
Anyone else go out to see this yet? I went out to see it with friends today and we all thoroughly laughed our asses off, yah its dumb and immature but it managed to be really clever on top of that, it was definitely more over the top than the last one especially with the fight but it all seemed to fit, I dont think i went more than 3 minutes without a hard laugh. Whether its better or worse than 1 I havent put much though into it yet, i dont think its as quotable but i didnt necessarily feel like it enjoyed it any less

If your ok with really stupid humor than i really would recommend it, what'd anyone else thing of it?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 24, 2013 5:38 PM

May 2012
the first one is a near classic. the 2nd is aight but it does have some very funny scenes.
Dec 24, 2013 6:46 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
The story was so bad in the second one... but who cares?!

The news anchor fight was freaking hilarious.
Dec 24, 2013 7:10 PM

Sep 2011
Zelot said:

story? since when did either anchorman's have a story?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 24, 2013 7:14 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
Zelot said:

The sequel felt like they were trying to be more like a story than the first one
Dec 24, 2013 7:17 PM

Sep 2011
Zelot said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
Zelot said:

The sequel felt like they were trying to be more like a story than the first one
it looked like the opposite to me, hell the entire 2nd half was making fun of cliches and family movies, free willy with the shark, every fucking family movie from the 90's with the recital thing, hell they even go after the injury cliche usually found in sports films with ron going blind, what was truly hilarious is if you go onto imdb youl see some ignoramuses that thought to take that part seriously let alone any of the film

the entire thing was just set piece to set piece all for the sake of comedy, story in either films would just disrupt the flow

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 24, 2013 7:31 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
Zelot said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
Zelot said:

it looked like the opposite to me, hell the entire 2nd half was making fun of cliches and family movies, free willy with the shark, every fucking family movie from the 90's with the recital thing, hell they even go after the injury cliche usually found in sports films with ron going blind, what was truly hilarious is if you go onto imdb youl see some ignoramuses that thought to take that part seriously let alone any of the film

the entire thing was just set piece to set piece all for the sake of comedy, story in either films would just disrupt the flow

FEELIN SO STUPID
I never related any of that to family movies from the 90's.
I THOUGHT HE WAS JUST TAKING CARE OF A SHARK
I THOUGHT IT WAS STORY PLOT THING FOR HIM GOING BLIND
oh god
i am stupied
Dec 27, 2013 2:49 AM

Jan 2013
Movie had sum great parts/quotes to it, though I agree that 1st one is more memorable.

Also, who here thought the movie should've ended literally like 30 seconds before the actual ending (meaning end on the freeze frame on Ron & the shark like how the movie started, instead of having Baxter intervene. That way, we wouldn't know if Ron survived or not...plus, I think it would've been a funnier 'fuck you' to the audience kind of ending.)

Dec 28, 2013 4:34 PM

Oct 2009
Last time I laughed at Will Ferrell was when I was 12. He's just not funny to me anymore :/ All his movies are really boring and his jokes are so, SOOOO, stupid that I can't find anything redeeming in them. Comedy movies tend to be horrible. I think it's because they reuse the same god damn joke every minute. It's cool as a joke but I don't want to hear the same thing for an hour and a half, which is how I felt with the first Anchorman.

Dec 28, 2013 4:35 PM

Sep 2011
lucjan said:
Last time I laughed at Will Ferrell was when I was 12. He's just not funny to me anymore :/ All his movies are really boring and his jokes are so, SOOOO, stupid that I can't find anything redeeming in them. Comedy movies tend to be horrible. I think it's because they reuse the same god damn joke every minute. It's cool as a joke but I don't want to hear the same thing for an hour and a half, which is how I felt with the first Anchorman.
wait what same joke are you referring to?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 28, 2013 4:52 PM

Feb 2013
A fair sequel with some funny moments. Loved the news team fight like everyone else, but nothing beats the first one in any way. I did enjoy the commentary regarding the actual history of news journalism though. A fair effort.
Dec 30, 2013 10:09 AM

Nov 2013
lucjan said:

I think you're attracting bears with your menstruation.

Yes, still to see it. Got busted with a false torrent last week, so still looking for a legit copy.
Dec 30, 2013 12:20 PM

Dec 2012
The last scene where all the new stations got together and battled was random as fuck haha. It was a great movie though, not as good as the first one though.
Dec 30, 2013 1:12 PM

Dec 2013
watched it last week it was awful
Combating against hoax MAL accounts and intentional down voting of objectively great anime. Pls join
Dec 30, 2013 1:57 PM

Sep 2011
FishTaco said:
watched it last week it was awful
what didnt you like?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 30, 2013 4:47 PM

Jul 2013
First one I enjoyed. Second one was just a normal comedic movie.
retributionisblind.wordpress.com
Jan 13, 2014 12:59 PM
May 2013
It wasn't as good as the first one. The characters seemed not the same haha and the story isn't as good. Still funny, but nothing fantastic!

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7803 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
33 seconds ago

Poll: » Game of Thrones vs Attack on Titan

DOSS300 - Mar 26

27 by Cr4zyM4p »»
27 minutes ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3517 by DandelionCat »»
2 hours ago

» Pick the song you like the most from the 3 users above

tsukareru - May 29

6 by Zarutaku »»
11 hours ago

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Apr 26

81 by Ricchan__ »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.