Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2013 10:18 PM

Jul 2013
Alright you tech savvy people. I'm currently using iphone4(not 4s). But ever since the introduction of the new ios. All the apps are phasing my phone out 1 by 1. Thinking of getting a sony Xperia SP. wanna hear all your opinions.

I use my phone mainly for normal phone services and internet browsing. Not for games so yeah. Oh and apps for convenience like time table :3

I'm posting at the correct section right?
I'm an Avid Slice of Life fan, if you have any interesting SoL anime/manga to introduce, please do so ^^,

Just your typical Yandere lover :3
Sep 26, 2013 11:13 PM
Apr 2008
I'm using Xperia m and I liked it so far I only use the phone for twitter and messaging

Judging on your usage it should be fine. You might wanna remove some Sony apps that you don't need like track id.

Maybe you should get a bigger phone if you spend most of the time web browsing?
Sep 27, 2013 12:38 AM

Sep 2007
Get a Moto X if you want a phone of similar size.
Sep 27, 2013 6:02 AM

Jul 2008
Really depends on how much you want to spend. Phones like the Galaxy S4 and HTC One(and to a lesser extent the Moto X, Sony Xperia Z, etc.) are considered to to be top tier androids of 2013 but they are both still in the 150-200 dollar range on activation.

The Sony Xperia SP seems to be a mid-range phone that has the specs of last years phones like the S3.

Obviously you don't need a quad core/2GB ram phone for web browsing, but the experience of a 1080p phone vs a 720p phone is quite different. I personally upgraded from a Galaxy S3 to an S4 and it was extremely noticeable especially when web browsing and looking at smaller text.

That being said, I'd personally suggest you get the HTC One. It doesn't have expandable storage, but that doesn't seem to be a problem for you if you are just mainly web browsing. It has the best phone speakers on the market with boom sound so any youtube video you watch will become instantly more enjoyable. Also, the build quality on the HTC One is fantastic. Going from an iphone to most androids, you will feel like the android is cheap. Won't have that feeling with the One, it has a nice aluminum body that feels great in the hands imo.
Sep 27, 2013 8:23 AM
Jun 2012
why get the sony xperia sp? it seems so old, the specs are outdated.

nowadays, go for a iphone 5s, samsung s4 or samsung note 3. other brands and models don't matter. that is assuming your budget meets the price of these phones.
Sep 27, 2013 5:26 PM

Jul 2008
drinkbeer said:
nowadays, go for a iphone 5s, samsung s4 or samsung note 3. other brands and models don't matter
I honestly can't tell if you are trolling or not.
Sep 27, 2013 8:45 PM
Jun 2012
Defiance said:
drinkbeer said:
nowadays, go for a iphone 5s, samsung s4 or samsung note 3. other brands and models don't matter

these 3 flagship models are the only phones worth considering assuming your budget is enough.
Sep 27, 2013 8:52 PM

Jul 2008
drinkbeer said:
Defiance said:
drinkbeer said:

these 3 flagship models are the only phones worth considering assuming your budget is enough.
Droid Maxx, HTC One, LG G2, Nexus 4(and the imminent Nexus 5) and Moto X are all great phones.

The fact that you don't even know that the HTC One is one of, if not THE best android phone this year shows how little you know. I can only assume you are going off of "well I had an HTC phone once and it was terrible". Check reviews and see how the One is placed higher than the S4 on many websites. Also, I personally own an S4, so I'm not talking out my ass about this as some fanboy. Do your research.
Sep 28, 2013 12:36 AM
Jun 2012
you are entitled to your own opinion, so stop barking and making so much noise about other people's opinion.

anyway, to make it easy for you to comprehend, i suggested apple and samsung for obvious reasons.

anyone else is free to make their own suggestions.period
Sep 28, 2013 1:02 AM

Jul 2013
I ended up getting an iPhone 5c. Instead >_< Initially I wanted Xperia SP because its considered quite mid budget. But the moment I checked out the test model, the UI lagged and it barely has any apps installed.

The next Xperia Model was the Xperia Z, looks interesting but its more expensive then the 5c. So I ended up with a 5c instead, for the convenience of transferring data and budget wise.
I'm an Avid Slice of Life fan, if you have any interesting SoL anime/manga to introduce, please do so ^^,

Just your typical Yandere lover :3
Sep 28, 2013 1:26 AM
Jun 2012
should have gotten a 5s instead, but its understandable since you mentioned budget. i guess the 5c is the closest thing to a 5s.

anyway good choice. you can't go wrong with an apple device.
Sep 28, 2013 6:43 AM

Jul 2008
drinkbeer said:
you are entitled to your own opinion, so stop barking and making so much noise about other people's opinion.
The second you say that other brands "don't matter" is the second you started to make noise about other people's opinion. Don't get all high and mighty now.

As for the 5c, it's definitely understandable since you had a 4 and buying an android would force you to rebuy apps and lose your itunes library.
Sep 28, 2013 7:54 AM
Jun 2012
lol can't be bothered to deal with your whines. give any suggestions you want, nobody gives a damn

i am out of here.

More topics from this board

» total games on your steam library ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 22

57 by KenaiPhoenix »»
3 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3564 by Nette »»
Today, 1:22 AM

» Any paradox games fans here?

D5rkUnl0ck3r - May 12

10 by Alpha-Nine »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

» Favorite gaming cover art?

Nette - Apr 25

14 by Galletita »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM

» What are your PC specs

ST63LTH - May 5

16 by SnipeStrike »»
Yesterday, 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.