Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 17, 2013 3:44 PM
Oct 2012
NoobHunterD said:
continuity is thrown out the window.

Demanding that Hayate show continuity is like demanding that Saki actually follows the rules and actual probability of Mahjong: sort of defeats the purpose. Watching Hayate is like eating powdered donuts, you don't think too much about it, you just enjoy them.

If, however you really want to go off about continuity, did anyone else notice that one scene in this episode had them living at the mansion, and another scene had them living in the old house?

That's what using old backgrounds from the previous season in order to save money gets ya!
Apr 17, 2013 8:41 PM

Jun 2012
game8910 said:
ecoute said:

So either they decided to animate the least interesting chapter from the manga or the mangaka is slacking off. In both cases there's obviously something wrong.
Heck, if recently manga looks like this episode, then it's definitely going downhill. I hope it's not the case.

Nagi chapters in general are not that interesting anyways so it was to be expected. Also as a manga reader I can tell you that while the manga is still funny, just like you said it is just not at the same level as it used to be.
The peak of the series was imo approx between chapters 160-270. The comedy was fantastic, and the introduction of Athena with the "End of the World" arc followed closely by the "Golden Week" arc provided the best drama and character development for many characters in the series. Now we are on chapter 402 and the series just hasn't managed to reach that level again.
Incidentally the anime S2 by J.C Staff ended somewhere around ch147, oh what could have been.

This sums up everything that's happened to the manga. It's too bad really. I some times I take a look at some of the old chapters and how the comedy was so great and I just don't understand what happened.

I thought it was about the get good again with that coffing and the King jewels, but Hata just take way too long to develop the plot. It's not just trolling, either he doesn't know what to do with it or he's just sick of it already but Sunday wants him to keep going.

Well as for this anime, I think it's a little more enjoyable than last season. The first episode had some funny moments. As for this one, I really didn't expected much from Nagi anyway.
CTMEOY was enjoyble at the later parts (episode 4 was also pretty funny). I love the ending song and those overly pretentious Ruka scenes were fun the watch as well.
Apr 17, 2013 9:56 PM
Apr 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
NoobHunterD said:
continuity is thrown out the window.

Demanding that Hayate show continuity is like demanding that Saki actually follows the rules and actual probability of Mahjong: sort of defeats the purpose. Watching Hayate is like eating powdered donuts, you don't think too much about it, you just enjoy them.

If, however you really want to go off about continuity, did anyone else notice that one scene in this episode had them living at the mansion, and another scene had them living in the old house?

That's what using old backgrounds from the previous season in order to save money gets ya!

I guess you can say that but first half od season 1 and season 2 follow the continuity pretty well. Another thign that I noticed that they never classify CTOEOY and cuties as season 3 and 4 unlike the season 2.
Apr 18, 2013 12:05 AM

Apr 2011
BillyMK said:

I thought it was about the get good again with that coffing and the King jewels, but Hata just take way too long to develop the plot. It's not just trolling, either he doesn't know what to do with it or he's just sick of it already but Sunday wants him to keep going.

I doubt it, I think he wants to do something involving Himegami, but I doubt we ever will see what that is. (also, is anyone else mad that is one panel in the manga was edited out of whatever volume it appeared in?)

Also there was that ridiculous chapter where the author hardcore trolled and made it seem like he was going to advance the plot but didn't. Don't remember what number it was but it was called "this is the kind of manga you are reading" or something like that. I don't even want it to be serious, I want it t be a hilarious Action Comedy again. Hayate is either funny or serious but sadly, for the last 150-ish chapters,(and past season) it's been neither.
-Whiplash-Apr 18, 2013 12:35 AM
Apr 19, 2013 11:29 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Looks like it's not going to improve. But I didn't expect much, the old Hayate anime is dead. One more episode, then I'll drop it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 19, 2013 9:01 PM

Mar 2013
Seriously Nagi playing COD Black ops xD
Apr 20, 2013 6:29 AM
Mar 2013
Ahhh how I miss the first 2 seasons xD
Apr 25, 2013 11:37 AM

Jan 2012
Everyone is butthurt. Seriously. Lay off the anime vs manga viewers and just enjoy HnG?
Apr 30, 2013 9:44 PM

Oct 2011
SIGH. Not Manga reader. After reading some of the posts, I'm about to drop this. Thought it was a chore watching the first two episode... really the first series I've ever said that maybe because I liked the first two seasons so much. Just disappointed really.
Jun 10, 2013 6:51 AM

Oct 2012
People are like that after eating then you feel sleepy
Lol Zettai Curry - Chilled Even? Anyone got this reference?
Vattalion is it really scary XD

Well, for non-manga reader like me.. I had lost track @ episode 1
They suddenly living in old apartement/dorm and there's A-tan there come from nowhere...
They skipping things too much I guess?
Well anime/manga both pretty enjoyable :)
"Signature removed"
Jul 9, 2013 11:15 AM

May 2012
Pretty good episode, especially the first part and the last scene!
Jun 27, 2023 6:48 AM

Nov 2010
18:39 Kaiji reference!

I wish I could watch a horror movie that could scare the living daylights out of me. I haven't seen one in a long time.
I'm glad to see Hinagiku & Isumi always.

That quote from Maria, in the end, hit me so hard. Life is so damn short, and I wish I am immortal. There's zero chance I'll even reach 80 yrs old. I think I only have 15k yen, and I've already spent most of it. Oh well.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Hayate the combat butler season 5??

chrisedmonds - May 5, 2017

19 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 16, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2013

60 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 30, 2023 7:30 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2013

32 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 30, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2013

39 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 30, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Cuties Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2013

25 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jun 27, 2023 1:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.