Forum Settings
Forums

Implement a Stable Sort for Sorting by Score?

New
Apr 12, 2013 4:05 PM
Jul 2007
Currently when sorting an anime list by score, the series end up in an arbitrary order within each rating section--it's not even consistent across page refreshes. This makes it pretty hard to find individual series in large lists, and looks bad to boot.

It seems pretty easy to either sort alphabetically using whatever algorithm you like first, then use a stable sort to sort by score, or even just switch to a stable sort if the series are already sorted alphabetically in the database.
Apr 12, 2013 4:23 PM

Apr 2011
Jun 24, 2015 8:06 AM

May 2012
I'm resuscitating this thread to suggest as does the OP that series sorted by rating should also be sorted alphabetically within each rating category. It really only requires changing the SQL query to use "order by score desc, title" when generating the sorted list. I've written a bunch of web interfaces that present sorted material to the user; for sorting on categories like "score" I usually sort alphabetically within the categories as well if there is an appropriate field to use like "title."

The suggested site userscripts.org does not respond to pings or HTTP GET requests. Sounds like a pretty dangerous place to visit site unseen, too.
SeijiSenseiJun 24, 2015 8:13 AM
Jun 24, 2015 11:47 AM

Oct 2009
SeijiSensei said:
The suggested site userscripts.org does not respond to pings or HTTP GET requests. Sounds like a pretty dangerous place to visit site unseen, too.

Because the site has gone down since then, here is a mirror: http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/161948
But even better yet, here is a slightly modified version of the above userscript: http://greasyfork.org/scripts/8282
Jun 24, 2015 5:28 PM

May 2012
Personally I'd like to see them fix the web site application itself rather than having to resort to third-party scripts. As I said, it's a trivial change to the code.

More topics from this board

» Why Current Events should come back

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

25 by deg »»
7 hours ago

» add source filter on advanced search like search for original anime

deg - Jul 28, 2020

19 by deg »»
Yesterday, 4:44 PM

» The Beginning After The End Manhwa

D4rK_Br0Ly - May 19, 2023

5 by -DxP- »»
Yesterday, 12:14 PM

» Can we have comment section for reviews like MyDramaList?

DigiCat - May 27

7 by DigiCat »»
Yesterday, 9:07 AM

» Who thought this was a good idea?

Shenhe - May 26

5 by anonymate »»
May 28, 8:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.