Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2007 4:57 PM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alright I'm a little confused and it's been a while since I watched the original so...when exactly is this taking place in relation to the original? I know it's after because of the mention of
, but considering that, this Apollo looks exactly like the old one so wouldn't Silvia recognize him or make some comment about or have her memories been wiped again until Apollo reawakens? Decent ep nothing extremely exciting, Toma's blue lines on his hair and body drove me crazy, seems odd

EDITed: Added spoiler tag since I don't know the relation to the OVA and original and didn't want to ruin it for you all...
SukotsutsuSep 5, 2007 4:42 PM

Dibs on Ishida!
Sep 4, 2007 6:55 PM

Oct 2006
I think it's supposed to be a retelling of the original (which I haven't watched yet, by the way)
Sep 5, 2007 4:39 PM

Mar 2007
Like an alternate version? Because Apollo was not living in the forest with a gramps of sorts in the original, and some of the things shown in it happened towards the very end of the first one as well:
, so the thing that throws me off the most is that how can Silvia not recognize Apollo considering what's happened in the OVA, hopefully a summary/relation is shown soon or the 2nd one is subbed soon

Dibs on Ishida!
Jan 2, 2008 10:29 PM

Nov 2007
the second ova explains at the end of it what is going on. since i don't know how to do spoilers yet, if you want me to explain it, message me. to me the ovas were better than the series itself. i would have rather the ovas be the tv show.
Feb 15, 2008 12:00 AM

Jul 2007
When will be the second ova subbed? i don't understand what's happening because of Reika is she Scorpius or is she Celian?
Sep 9, 2008 7:58 AM

Oct 2007
Krelian said:
I think it's supposed to be a retelling of the original (which I haven't watched yet, by the way)

Actually no. Its NOT a retelling of the first one and its NOT a continuation of the first one.
Its a different version entirely, it only has the same characters as the first one, even their reincarnations are different, and Scorpios did not exist in the first one!!!
check MAL, is said that its an alternate version as well!!!
Aug 12, 2009 3:52 PM
Feb 2009
kinda confused :S
Mar 6, 2012 1:44 AM
Apr 2011
what
Sep 15, 2020 2:54 PM
Oct 2019
I can't do this.

I'm 15 minutes in and I have no motivation to finish. If it's not a continuation of the original, why bother watching? It's not even a meaningless side story from the original. It's totally disconnected. It's like the original never happened and this totally rewrites history.

WHY DO THAT?! Seriously, what purpose does it serve? Are there supposed to be multiple timelines/dimensions that all connect in the end somehow? Did the original not follow the source material and this is a more accurate representation? Because if not, this is STUPID!

4/10. Drop.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousei no Aquarion OVA Episode 2 Discussion

Friendlysoul - Sep 9, 2008

6 by Asturaetus »»
Nov 8, 2020 9:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.