Forum Settings
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2012 1:59 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I'm kicking myself for shedding those tears last chapter. I usually like happy endings, but I felt this really ruined the emotional impact of Asuna's 'sacrifice'. I can't believe I didn't think of Chao owning a time machine and what she can use it for.

Oh well, at least this is still going to be better than the anime's ending.
Feb 26, 2012 1:58 PM

Sep 2007
No i think that was good.
Anyways, i think he love Eva or Chachamaru !
Feb 26, 2012 3:58 PM

Jun 2011
Oh gosh, somebody called this last chapter.

But even though this chapter was nice and all, it doesn't solve the problem of THIS world's Asuna when she wakes up in 100 years.
Kinda unfair for the first Asuna to be given the chance to live her life with everyone in another dimension.
Oh well.

Well, we know for sure that it is NOT Asuna, violating the 'First girl always wins' trope, and it IS someone from school (he's gotta confess because it is graduation)

...I'd like it to be Negi X Nodoka. The two ARE similar in a way, fitting the information given by Asuna.

Since the series is ending in 2 more chapters and it is before the confession, I might as well speak out about a certain thing that I don't really get.
A while ago, didn't Negi spend a lot of time in Eva's magic ball that meant that training in there for a day in the real world was something like 72 days in the magic ball world? (Check chapter 240)
Doesn't this mean that Negi IS NOT 10 years old (as it was recently said at some point) and is realistically more like 13/14 while the girls are about 14 at the end of middle school? So shouldn't he appear a bit older O.o?

... I know this sounds nit-picky, but it's been nagging me for a long time.
Feb 26, 2012 4:22 PM

Feb 2010
This could be Ken Akamatsu trolling us. I know that. But I really, really hope it isn't.

There are several girls I would like Negi to end up with, Nodoke and Yue being the most notable. But the one girl I think absolutely needs to be the one is Chisame. She's been with him a lot lately, she had a great deal of character development, and the series has been going out of its way to avoid having her confess. Plus we know that she really does care about him, so I think it would be best for them to be together in the end.
Feb 26, 2012 4:53 PM

Dec 2010
Well while its a "happy" ending and all, and its better to think about than the everyone is dead scenario a chapter back, it still has so many plot holes; what happened to his dad, his mom, the lifemaker? its a shame, i thought they would make the final three chapters a bit longer so they could fit more into it but i guess that's out the window; This chapter does make me curious as to who Negi likes though, but then again its like Asuna said, just because he might have picked someone in the other line (or more than one?) doesn't mean it will be the same person in this one, since its a completely different line.

Parallel lines are a popular subject now a days huh, makes me wonder what anime is responsible XD.
Feb 26, 2012 6:32 PM

Mar 2011
Haha! It's like Ken thought 'ahh, I could think up a really clever convoluted plot device to explain it all away but I've only got three chapters so.....TIME MACHINE!'

Still, good chapter!
Feb 26, 2012 7:47 PM

Oct 2010
Based on what Asuna said: Konoka/Chisame/ClassRep/Makie/Akira

I think Konoka is the likeliest since they've been together from the start and he might have grown attracted to her in that time. Both are smart and powerful, but airheads/ditzy and ignorant when it comes to romance. And it would shock people since everyone thinks yuri. Setsuna would be included as a package deal. NegixKono as the Magister Magis. Asuna and Setsuna as their #1 guards.

Another is Chisame is the most likely one. Chachamaru might also be included as a package deal.

Longshot is Eva, but Asuna would have objected on the spot out of fear for his safety.
Feb 26, 2012 7:59 PM

Sep 2008
"And then Negi went on to die heroically saving the world, or did he? Who knows? Maybe he became a legend. The future is mysterious, far be it from me to provide closure in this story. Oh, and I guess he probably ends up with one of the girls or something. Which one? It's a mystery! Tune in for the final chapter of Negi's thrilling adventure to maybe save the world to discover which girl Negi will confess to, or won't, who knows?"

-M. Night Akamatsu
Feb 26, 2012 9:05 PM

Oct 2010
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=399513#msg13268069

Yeah, I totally called that. But, I don't know, I kind of expected a bit of a story to go with it, even if just a chapter. I don't easily get irritated with a Mangaka, but this...oh god this.
Makiroll_KFeb 26, 2012 9:08 PM
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Feb 26, 2012 9:14 PM

Jul 2008
So bad, so bad so very very very bad.
If he planned an happy ending like that there was no need for last chapter.

I still hope that something will make amend for that shitty chapter.
Feb 26, 2012 11:47 PM

Dec 2011
Well, I half expected this. Negima can't possibly have a sad ending so I kind of predicted this would happen.

Right, I also predicted all the complaint that would come next in this thread.
Feb 26, 2012 11:59 PM

Sep 2008
You accurately predicted that people would be peeved that a good chunk of this latest story arc was a roundabout meandering series barely relevant events that went nowhere and then got retconned out of existence? You're downright prophetic. How could anybody have known that having one of three final chapters serve no purpose except to undo the events of the previous one would cause people to complain?
Feb 27, 2012 12:14 AM

Dec 2011
Gangler said:
You accurately predicted that people would be peeved that a good chunk of this latest story arc was a roundabout meandering series barely relevant events that went nowhere and then got retconned out of existence? You're downright prophetic. How could anybody have known that having one of three final chapters serve no purpose except to undo the events of the previous one would cause people to complain?

I have read enough manga to know the typical reaction of most. For example, xxxHolic, in addition to the fact that having 3 chapter to end everything would be extremely difficult without pissing the fan off, this is inevitable.
Feb 27, 2012 12:14 AM
Aug 2010
Yerocha said:
This could be Ken Akamatsu trolling us. I know that. But I really, really hope it isn't.
LOL, there's only TWO Chapters left, Ken has given up on the story and we're back to deciding who Negi will end up with.

This is so laughable and it's a JUST DESSERTS to a manga that got so convoluted even the mangaka gave up on it.

BlackRain_Ex said:
I think Konoka is the likeliest since they've been together from the start and he might have grown attracted to her in that time.

Sorry, that doesn't make ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER!!!!

If anything, Konoka is the LEAST likeliest girl to be chosen....I really don't give a fuck about who Negi chooses. I did when this manga was still fun, but now it seems so irrelevant and asinine.

There are so many plot holes to Negima it would take me quite awhile to list every single one of them.

Well, whatever, I gave up on this manga LONG time ago, if it's going to be a shitty ending, so be it.

Maddo_scientisto said:
I still hope that something will make amend for that shitty chapter.

HOW???

In what way can this manga end in a "good way"?

I just don't see it, this chapter was just a big FUCK YOU to the previous chapter and an even bigger FUCK YOU to Asuna.

I'm literally laughing my ass off at how stupid this all is. Ken literally threw away EVERYTHING that he had been building up to this moment. I honestly never saw that coming.

I really believed there would be something better.....silly me.

Ken has surpassed Kubo for greatest mangaka troll!!!
ichig0fanFeb 27, 2012 12:22 AM
Feb 27, 2012 1:18 AM

Feb 2010
i feel Ken trolled us big time^^
Feb 27, 2012 1:35 AM
Nov 2008
A pity the "sad ending" was undone.
It's good to know that Asuna isn't the one Negi "Likes most", but as the future is uncertain, everything might chage.
Still, i really hope it's Nodoka, Yue or Eva, maybe Chachamaru. But it's also likely that "The One" is Ayaka - they got Negi's grave in their househoold in the @main timeline", and the "Big Surprise on Mars" she mentioned in her letter to Asuna... But, honestly, i really doubt it. And this would suck.
Feb 27, 2012 2:12 AM

Sep 2007
What a shitty way to end things. I used to love this manga but I was trolled a lot with the last chapters.
So sad but whatever... I hope that he at last ends with Chisame, but I'll probably be an open end without an answer.
Feb 27, 2012 3:48 AM

Nov 2011
bskbob said:
i feel Ken trolled us big time^^

and the most what we can do is complain... fuck this anyway

I'm also happy that he didn't choose Asuna, but yeah that everyone has a chance line ooooh c'mon... decide already. I bet my vote for Chisame and that's all. :D
Feb 27, 2012 4:25 AM
Feb 2012
I have a feeling its Nodoka? They both get flustered so easily and Akamatsu seems to like Nodoka better (?)

time machine.... wow I totally did not expect that.... oh who am i kidding?! Everyone saw this coming. That's great, another cliche except the confession thing is a little different! I like!

Ken is totally trolling..... exactly 'everyone has a chance' please don't give me BS. Chao obviously exist so only one girl has a chance =.=
Feb 27, 2012 5:12 AM

Sep 2008
Chao exists in another timeline. We have no evidence to support that Chao exists in this one.
Feb 27, 2012 6:49 AM
Feb 2012
THe class prez said 'What why is chao here and why is there another Eva?'
So there, she does exist in that universe therefore screwing up everything.

Mod edit: No download links
SaitoeApr 10, 2012 6:07 PM
Feb 27, 2012 7:51 AM

Sep 2008
In this timeline they've seen Chao, but so had they in the timeline after Negi's change and by the sounds of things that one led to a future where Chao didn't exist. Entirely because they encountered Chao in the past no less.

For that matter Chao coming back here a second time and dropping off Asuna has created a new timeline entirely which has no guarantee for her existence. There is a total of one timeline where we know that Chao is born in the future and this one isn't it.
Feb 27, 2012 10:26 AM

Mar 2009
lol this chapter feels like its the "end" already >.<...

I wonder what they will show as a finale...
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Feb 27, 2012 10:33 AM
Apr 2010
Akamatsu you suck.

Someone put the series out of our misery.
Feb 27, 2012 2:43 PM

Dec 2007
Wait. So when Chao went back to her original timeline nothing changed? WTF?
Feb 27, 2012 3:00 PM

Oct 2011
Akamatsu.. oh how u troll... Negima! is a great series BUT the ending i don't know... u could tell that he just wants 2 end it... 7/10 overall after it ends, hopefully reuniting with his mom & dad...in 3 chaps. (sorry 2 chaps.)??
ChadriusFeb 28, 2012 1:43 PM
Feb 27, 2012 3:41 PM
Aug 2010
sunlightheart said:
Akamatsu you suck.

Someone put the series out of our misery.

LOL bro, there's only two chapters left, the series is mercifully coming to an end.

A SHITTY END, but an end nonetheless.

Meh, I'm already giving this manga a 6/10 I see no reason to believe that the final two chapters will change my decision.

I'm still upset, I remember when Negima was in my "Top 10" manga and I always thought I would give it a 9 or 10/10....oh well.
Mar 2, 2012 5:37 PM

Jul 2007
I feel bad for the new timeline Asuna now... or is Chao just going to infinitely retcon all world lines?

It's Negi x Nodoka. It HAS to be Negi x Nodoka. You OWE us Negi x Nodoka after this trolling of yours, Akamatsu-sensei!
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 2, 2012 7:09 PM

Sep 2008
two chapter ago this was still awsome....how can he ruin my years reading this manga with a couple of chapters.....

i think the girl is his sister/chachammaru/eva/chisame /honya-chan

and since chao is still here...hakase should know wich girl it is, cause it must be the same one that is chao´s grandma
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 3, 2012 4:55 PM

Oct 2010
The girl he likes is not an obvious choice since Asuna says "Why didn't I think of that?"
That should eliminate: Nodoka, Yue, Asuna, Anya, Ayaka, Ku, Cheerleaders, Ako
Possibly eliminates: Chisame, Makie

The second hint from Asuna is "But can you two actually hook up? I mean, you two are kind of the same people." So these girls still stand a chance.
Konoka/Setsuna: Either one would be an obstacle for the other. Everyone already wrote them as a yuri couple but they could be very close BFFs.
Yuna: Both are obsessed with their fathers. Yuna's papa love would be an obstacle.
Eva: Both are ME masters. Negi would encounter the Nagi obstacle.
Other possibilities: Akira, Chizuru
Mar 4, 2012 9:21 PM

Dec 2007
When I first heard the manga was 3/4 done, back when Negi had yet to fight against Rakan in the final match, I felt really bad knowing this awesomeness was going to end soon. Now I think it's a good thing Akamatsu is putting an end to this manga already, considering he seems to have lost his touch since halfway through magic world arc.

The way this chapter was dealt was really bad considering all the previous ones, no reason denying it. Barely explained, poorly detailed interdimentional BS Chao pulled in this one was VERY cheap.
Mar 10, 2012 1:39 PM

Aug 2009
so damn lame
Mar 27, 2012 8:46 PM
May 2009
I was thinking Negi was gay because Asuna referred to a same kind of person, and she looked very flustered. And we don't get any indication even in the final chapter.

Then again, Negi has a descendant (natural one, I assume), and Kotarou is married...
Mar 10, 2013 12:57 PM

Mar 2013
From what Asuna's said, I am delighted to say my two main pairings have practically become cemented as cannon, however unless he comes out with a new series for negima I won't actually find out if I am right (doesn't stop the shipping though :3)

Any who, the only one (real) possibility I see that Negi said he liked

Evangeline: for those die hard readers, you already know that Negi has confessed that he "loves his master" in chapter 205, though he denied that was what he meant I have not seen him use the big "L" word a whole lot. Another hint was that Evangeline did not start talking to him in the beginning, she was just sitting in the class with an attitude. However when they had their first encounter, where she was practically trying to drain him of blood and leave him for dead, he seemed all the more intrigued with her. He started visiting her, nursing her when she was sick, and trying to get to know her. He was very focused on her until the very end of the series.
Think about this, when she displayed her powers and killed that giant demon with a snap of her fingers he resolved instantly to become her student. He wanted to be the student of a vampire who was trapped by his own father.
Another thing, when he begged to be her pupil, she said that the only way she would let him is if he worshiped her feet. From Negi's expression I don't think he would of refused either, but Asuna stopped it from getting hentai up in that manga.
He let her suck his blood out of his arm, prompting sounds that made the girls think something else was going on.
He wanted to be just like her, and when the opportunity presented itself he chose to go his masters path and learn her techniques. He became a monster through and through, able to regenerate and tango with the big boys (though Evangeline is still way more bad ass than him in combat). Frankly I would be happy if she just bites him already or use the spell that turned HER into a vampire on him.
On her side, there is a "thou dost protest too much" vibe

it fits Asuna's criteria and I hope this troller of a writer actually does it
Oct 20, 2013 9:56 AM

Aug 2011
any one notice that some have pactio with Negi like the twins and Sakurako

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 7 Discussion

-DxP- - Jun 1

0 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 6 Discussion

-DxP- - Jun 1

0 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 3 Discussion

-DxP- - Jun 1

0 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 2 Discussion

animalia - Jun 26, 2016

1 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 1 Discussion

Vegaplus - Jan 5, 2011

5 by -DxP- »»
Jun 1, 7:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.