Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 13, 2012 2:44 PM

Feb 2008
I thought the same. And then it brought me back to the start.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 13, 2012 9:11 PM

Nov 2011
MistaCloudStrife said:
Ah! I know what you're talking about. It's happened on more than one occasion with me. At the beginning of a zombie's grab animation, I can shoot off it's head but it'll still grab me and bite me. You'll see no head, but blood spurting out of my shoulder and after the QTE, it'll just drop down and die. A block of life gone for nothing.

Yep, I've had headless zombies bite me before too, forgot about that. This could also happen in RE5 as well, if you shot a Majini's head off, it could still perform its attack animation and hit you with it. That was a real bitch when it happened on Professional.

Another thing that annoys me is if there's a cutscene or something else going on and your characters can't move at all, but the enemies still can. It scared the crap out of me the first time it happened, I pulled some switch and then the game stopped me from moving to show what it was doing and then when I regain control of my character, BAM there's like 3 or 4 enemies right next to me that weren't there before.

ZetaZaku said:
^But doesn't the game always reset from the last loading screen? I had to turn of the game in the middle of the level, after quite some check points, and it later brought me back at the start of the level.

What you want to do is wait until you see "Saving" at the top left of your screen, with the typewriter icon next to it. THEN it's safe to quit out of the mission by means of pushing select (on PS3, not sure what it is on 360) and choosing to quit that way. When you choose continue from the main menu, it'll start you right back at that spot.
Oct 14, 2012 9:03 AM

Oct 2012
is this worth buying
Oct 14, 2012 9:12 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
I'll buy it soon because I am a big Resident Evil fan and a collector. Though, I know I won't like it as much as the old days. I thought RE5 was mediocre at best and I expect the same from this game. RE is an action game now days. There is no survival and there is no horror, but if you accept this fact, then the newer games are at least enjoyable. They get big budgets, so you know the are going to be pretty and have some fun moments. I just miss the survival horror golden age :P.
Oct 14, 2012 9:59 AM

Feb 2008
I don't think that not being survival horror is the only problems. Just compare RE6's controls to other shooters. It really falls behind even as a shooter. At least the Melee doesn't feel awkward like in RE5, but the whole skill system was BS. In order to unlock some important skills, you need to clear the whole game. As the game lacks replay value for non-diehard fans, that's pretty bad, since the game sucks without those skills. It takes few headshots to kill some zombies. I even wasted dozen of bullets on one supposedly WEAK monster. Like, headshoting it while being in front of it, and nothing. Seems like head shot only works when you surprise the enemy, as most headshots worked only that way.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 14, 2012 3:56 PM

Nov 2011
Something else to mention for the PS3 players using HDMI, which hopefully will help out.

A few of my friends have complained about the game being too dark, and there was a certain setting I told them to change which made it much better: check in your PS3 display settings under RGB Full Range. You want this to be set to LIMITED and not FULL. It should always be set to this anyway, unless you're using a monitor as opposed to a TV.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3743 by Inuki »»
38 minutes ago

» Replaying games you beat. ( 1 2 )

Bloodshade - May 24, 2015

54 by KenaiPhoenix »»
1 hour ago

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - May 5

36 by Razura »»
2 hours ago

» Online games in your life ( 1 2 )

OlliFill - Oct 7, 2021

50 by Razura »»
2 hours ago

» Florida House Approves Bill Banning Social Media For Kids Under 16

deg - Jan 27

47 by bevarnow »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.