Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 18, 2012 9:43 PM

Jun 2009
like title said.
since these two anime have pretty similar setting. and it's not about which anime is better than the other!
Jan 19, 2012 12:33 AM

Jul 2009
are you saying that those are not reverse traps in Kimi to Boku!?

wtf was I doing then????
Jan 21, 2012 5:37 PM

Sep 2010
I personally love both equally seeing as how I gave both of them 9s, but when it comes to which series is more boyish its The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 23, 2012 2:09 AM

Feb 2009
I'm female and choose Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou.
The funny thing is that we even got one of them using a skirt on the first episodes and others trying the imouto's panties and bra. awkeopwekkdpk';s;d
But you see, maybe because animation style and the calm slice of life feeling it has, Kimi to Boku appears more ~moe~moe~ than Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, which is more random and comedy. Plus the characters personalities are really different, I can't compare any of the funny boys of DKnN with the adorable ones from KtB.
Jan 23, 2012 3:07 PM

Jan 2010
What even is this topic.. Not a little sexist at all..

I'm female and I choose Danshi. I don't even understand how I got through Kimi to Boku, considering how boring it was. Danshi is clearly more ~manly~ than Kimi to Boku. Even if they are wearing skirts and bra's half the time.
Feb 1, 2012 8:07 AM

Oct 2009
Danshi is more manly, though I liked kimi to boku more xD
Feb 16, 2012 10:11 AM

Aug 2009
I'm a dude and I think that Danshi really captures the comradery of highschool students in general, and even if it is the goofier series, it seems to be the more natural depiction of how highschool guys dick around with one another and have fun doing so.

With Kimi to Boku, I liked it, but it just felt like a regular slice of life with a group of girls but with wangs instead. Not once did it really give off a notion that these were average guys and felt more like guys trying to act out anime girl friendships (Shun is the moe Mikuru type that bakes, tears up, and is the object of everyone's affection, Chizuru is the clingy Konata type that sexually harasses Shun and the other guys, the two twins are essentially Hikaru and Kaoru but played with the energy of Yuki Nagato, Kaname is the Yomi/Kagami type that is studious and hates anything unprofessional, and Sheepgirl is the Taiga of the series that you want to run over with a truck). It all feels more like an artificial relationship made of archetypes than the genuine "guys hanging out" approach that I think Danshi nailed
Feb 16, 2012 10:16 AM

Aug 2011
i'm a girl and i think danshi kokousei is the real boys here even i like kimi to boku even more
for me kimi to boku is more like girls kind of friendship

iSignature

"I specialize in reading manga but don't get how to draw manga at all" -Asaba Yuuki-
Feb 16, 2012 10:51 AM

Apr 2010
Definitely Nichibros.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Feb 16, 2012 10:54 AM

Dec 2009
I'm male and choose Kimi to Boku (your vote)

Just because I think this thread sucks.

And the only reason for this thread is to prove to the OP that only Fujoshis enjoy Kimi to Boku. Which is incorrect.

Sir_LexaFeb 16, 2012 10:58 AM
Feb 16, 2012 11:35 AM

Jun 2009
I'm female and choose Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Seems more realistic to me...when I was in high school, sometimes the guys were a bit ADD but in Kimi to Boku everyone's kinda Prozac nation. (except 4 Chizuru)

Even the "high school girls are funky" segment is closer to the truth than the depictions of girls being all nice and polite. I'm pretty tomboyish myself so I guess I identify more w/the craziness.

Then again I guess it depends on where you're from (US 4 me) what's the norm.
Feb 18, 2012 4:49 PM

Sep 2010
Sir_Lexa said:
I'm male and choose Kimi to Boku (your vote)

Just because I think this thread sucks.

And the only reason for this thread is to prove to the OP that only Fujoshis enjoy Kimi to Boku. Which is incorrect.

Fujoshi test in disguise? O_o

I still like both although Highschool Boys lost its steam a bit since the first two episodes its still funny.

KtB is more slice of life while Highschool Boys centers around comedy. So they are really not similar at all other than the fact the characters are highschool students and male.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 18, 2012 4:53 PM

Sep 2011
im a guy and danashi captures exactly what a high school boy was like when i was there, just bringing up random stuff out of no where, do strange things for no apparent reason, acting like idiots and so on

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 18, 2012 7:50 PM

Apr 2008
I'm a guy and i agree that Nichibros captures what it really means to be a high school boy, but Kimi to Boku has its moments.

Side note: a couple of seiyuu from both shows are playing main characters

Miyu Irino - Chizuru (K to B) and Tadakuni (Nichibros)
Yuuki Ono - Kaname (K to B) and Karasawa (Nichibros)
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Sep 22, 2012 9:32 AM

Jun 2009
Sir_Lexa said:

Close enough! but that is not the reason.
I already knew, many fujoshi will say they like Kimi to Boku than Nichibros, because Kimi to Boku kinda similar to softcore yaoi (though it's not yaoi at all)
what I really want to know is, will fujoshi admit that actullay Nichibro is more boyish than kimi to boku. yeah, like what title said (I mean do what bunch of boys usually do). that's my true motive...
IZUMI64Sep 22, 2012 9:36 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 26, 2012

298 by vh-s »»
Aug 6, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 9, 2012

318 by Yousif_6557 »»
Jul 12, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Do you find it funny or not? ( 1 2 )

EmperorAkashi - Mar 1, 2015

62 by rmcold »»
Jun 25, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 20, 2012

134 by Malak373 »»
Jun 1, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 19, 2012

132 by Reckarella »»
May 25, 6:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.