Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2011 2:55 PM

Mar 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Piccolo's monster was actually weaker than I thought.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 14, 2017 11:22 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Easy to Goku!!! ;)
Jan 2, 2019 8:57 PM

Sep 2011
Goku when fighting serious is really unstoppable.
Feb 9, 2020 9:34 PM

Aug 2012
I'm not really feeling the dramatic stakes here honestly, Tambourine killed Krillin and all but the emotional impact of that's not landing with me, probably cause this is Dragon Ball and the mood still has a lot of comedy here and there (Mai thinking it's Godzilla, Yajirobe in general) but that said, I still loved this fight. Seeing Goku utterly destroy Tambourine was still pretty cathartic, especially helped by Toriyama's great art, you can just really feel the impact of the blows. Great chapter.
Sep 26, 2021 4:49 PM

Dec 2007
Jul 1, 2022 4:53 AM

Nov 2010
Great short fight here. Love the finish with the staff and the Kamehameha-combo.
Apr 28, 10:47 PM

Oct 2023
This is the stuff I've been really wanting to get to.

Daimao Piccolo has an entourage that functions very similarly to Goku's. While we haven't followed his exact footsteps to this point, we've gotten acquainted with the lore of his resurrection and the demon spawn he's brought out thus far. While it's too early to say he's supposed to stand as a direct opposite of Goku, it's pretty obvious that this particular villain is substantially more brutal, ostentatious, and overall evil than any other encountered up until now. Goku and friends, more than ever before, are going to be put to the test.

While it might be argued that there hasn't been quite enough build-up of Krillin's character to warrant his death, I think that may have very well been the point. Even when most fights were being played straight in the arc prior, Krillin was being used as a comedic relief in both tournament fights he participated in. His presence almost always made things less intense. Viewing it that way, is it really so hard to believe Goku is as pissed as he is? Not to mention that Krillin was, for a time, the only other person who had learned under Roshi before the three year time skip. They had a sincere comradery and friendship between the two of them.

I'm very excited to read the rest of this saga!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Chapter 515 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 28, 2011

6 by Rezende1990 »»
Jun 2, 7:31 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Chapter 196 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 20, 2011

6 by LeonardoFrav »»
May 30, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Chapter 474 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 27, 2011

2 by Rezende1990 »»
May 26, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Chapter 456 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 27, 2011

2 by Rezende1990 »»
May 24, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Chapter 443 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 26, 2011

2 by Rezende1990 »»
May 22, 4:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.