Forum Settings
Forums
New
How many kick-ass girly girl feminists have you spotted in anime?
Feb 2, 2011 1:47 PM
Aug 2007
Well, so far I've seen quite some topics on manly girls (mainly because this is also a tomboy club), but what about girly girls who totally kick ass (physically, intelligence and personality) and are truly admirable from a feminist point of view? What do you think of them? And have you seen any examples of them in anime??

Discuss!!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 4, 2011 10:01 AM

Aug 2010
I voted to the "do they even exist?"
Well the Tomboyish/feminist girls is not only the appearance but mostly the behavior
because a girl has long hair doesn't mean she can't kick ass.
Of course most tomboys in anime dress according to the typical stereotype, but there are also tomboys who are very soft or total annoyance.
The real kick as characters are mostly heroines with a certain nobility, softness, gentleness, care, honesty.
In this group there is a love for the most androgynous (I would say) kick ass characters, and if you observe closely those characters you see that most of the cast will respect them in some way.
(ง`▽´)ง
Aug 16, 2011 4:30 PM
Aug 2011
Well normally when the girls are girly girls they are stupid and can't think or do anything for themselves. But there are a few that are kick ass even if they're girly. Usually if they are kick ass they aren't kick ass mentaly. however the chick from super gals is girly but tough phsically and mentaly. I usually don't like the mentally weak ones. Cuz even if there stong they act like a doormat ^~^
Jan 26, 2012 4:19 AM

Jun 2008
Are you kidding me? Being a tomboy doesn't equal being badass. There are plenty of strong, admirable females that kick ass despite being beautiful and girly. If you vote for "never seen one" or "do they even exist" you obviously are very close-minded, or didn't watch many anime.

Watching, waiting, commiserating
Nov 20, 2013 10:15 PM

Jul 2013
I have seen a lot of kickass girls that are very tomboyish but also girly. One major example is Kyoko Mogami from Skip Beat! She has a lot of attitude, cynicism, and sass, but she also has a huge soft spot for fairy tales, fairies, princesses, and the like. However, many of them tend to hide their attachment to girly things.
Nov 29, 2016 5:25 AM

Jun 2011
Well... I don't know about feminist... but as a personal way of living, Duck from Princess Tutu is very strong to me.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Anime/Characters/Manga you think should be added

granuli - Jan 31, 2016

15 by toldurm »»
Jun 27, 2020 2:07 PM

» why do you like tomboy characters?

Y-elf - Aug 4, 2008

46 by santk »»
Oct 12, 2017 8:16 PM

» what do you hate about other anime girls?

Y-elf - Sep 5, 2008

49 by Energetic-Nova »»
Nov 29, 2016 5:44 AM

Poll: » Who is the most manly, unfeminine, and tomboyish female character in anime?

EtherealMerc - Jun 19, 2009

38 by KelsiFinn »»
May 21, 2016 8:31 PM

» Your favorite anime with anti-stereotype or feminism compatible love stories

granuli - Nov 1, 2015

1 by granuli »»
Jan 14, 2016 2:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.