Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2010 10:51 AM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I hope this was supposed to be a comedy because I laughed through 95% of it!!!
Aug 21, 2011 3:07 PM

Dec 2009
Very true lol this was kind of dumb..
Feb 3, 2013 8:03 PM

Mar 2010
Wasn't that the good part??
80's BL is the best~x'D

Apr 13, 2016 9:08 AM

Oct 2014
Lol, it was indeed very fucking ridiculous, though that said, I enjoyed it way more than I should've. Plus, the music was fab in my opinion.
Aug 17, 2016 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
Haha, wow, this was surprisingly cute and funny. I liked how the relationship between the two boys developed from friendship to something more, it felt really natural and they had a lot of chemistry.

The kidnapping plot wasn't even necessary, in my opinion. It could have been a nice slice of life. And the kidnappers.. lol. How are they so weak that they got beaten by two high school boys?

And they included Kazuya's singing at the end LOL
Dec 29, 2016 3:02 PM

Mar 2016
The music...the animation...so cringey. They never even confessed their love like the description says they would xD
Dec 30, 2016 6:55 PM

Dec 2016
I like how the MC had a chance to tuck his shirt back into his super high pants before escaping on the bike. Lol. 😂
Feb 13, 2017 9:09 AM

Jan 2017
"Let them go. This is rider's love." I really couldn't handle that line it was so cringey. The whole anime was so cheesy but the cheesiness makes me love it.
Oct 3, 2018 7:08 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
This was such a waste of my fucking time. Nothing was good. Not the animation, not the story, not the characters, nothing. It was all so actively bad actually. I don't even see it as comedic. And of course had to include a shitty rape trope. Terrible terrible terrible.
May 22, 2019 11:21 AM

Sep 2018
Fourhundr said:
"Let them go. This is rider's love." I really couldn't handle that line it was so cringey. The whole anime was so cheesy but the cheesiness makes me love it.

I laughed so hard at that line, and yes, I well agree that the cheesiness was wonderful, but it was also a cute little piece of fluff, I rather enjoyed it.

Stripes said:
This was such a waste of my fucking time. Nothing was good. Not the animation, not the story, not the characters, nothing. It was all so actively bad actually. I don't even see it as comedic. And of course had to include a shitty rape trope. Terrible terrible terrible.

Come on, it was only 25min and I don't agree with your "shitty rape trope" assessment, since the rape wasn't successful and it didn't do the "oh, you have raped me so now I must love you. " thing.
May 22, 2019 8:34 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
kandi_gloss said:

Stripes said:

Come on, it was only 25min and I don't agree with your "shitty rape trope" assessment, since the rape wasn't successful and it didn't do the "oh, you have raped me so now I must love you. " thing.

It’s 2019 and my time is still valuable. But when there’s nothing on screen worth enjoying story nor visuals it kinda puts things in perspective.

Also being a rape savior is also a trope. They plague the old BL genre like a disease.
Jan 13, 2020 10:25 PM

May 2011
Oh god this was cheesy but the bad cheesyness.
More with the last message of:
"Although it is a work of fiction, the characters appearing exist in your hearts"
Like if this statement was showing that this is the magnum opus of anime in general. I laugh so hard when I read that.
Apr 26, 2022 3:58 PM

Mar 2021
Hey, it's an OVA from the 80s; it's not gonna be too impressive. Very surface-level but sweet.

Ya know what the goofy part about this is, though? They took this 20-minute OVA that's really shallow and doesn't have much substance to it and decided to release it on video and expected people to buy it. If it were an hour long, or there were two or three of these on the same tape, I could understand, but as it stands, it seems like a waste of tape.

Also, I have to point out that this OVA has four named characters, and two are named Kudo, no relation. You couldn't give four characters different last names? Really?!?!
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Apr 11, 2023 2:25 PM

Jun 2021
MeanMrMusician said:
Ya know what the goofy part about this is, though? They took this 20-minute OVA that's really shallow and doesn't have much substance to it and decided to release it on video and expected people to buy it. If it were an hour long, or there were two or three of these on the same tape, I could understand, but as it stands, it seems like a waste of tape.

I thought this was an OVA (sort of promo) for its source material (manga or novel) like other OVAs of that time. I kinda wanted to read the source material to see which parts of the story were possibly left out (since it looked pretty rushed like other old OVAs) but it appears this is actually an original. 😅 Anyways, there were 5 songs so they could've made sales through that...

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/BE-BOY_KIDNAPP%27N_IDOL
Apr 25, 2023 4:08 PM
Jan 2021
Não tinha necessidade alguma de aparecer aquele pedo... sinceramente..!
tava tão bonitinho só os dois...
mas tá bom, né!
quer dizer, NÃO!! NÃO ESTÁ BOM, NÃO!!!!!!!
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.