Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 22, 2010 2:59 PM

May 2009
So I'm quite impressed that this hasn't a Picture yet. So I uploaded the poster, and I thought of creating a thread to discuss it.

contains spoiler for those who didn't watch the series!

I seriously can't wait to see 3.0!! Please give us a proper camrip this time!!!!
peroxidJun 22, 2010 3:03 PM
Jun 22, 2010 3:50 PM

Jul 2008
Kaworu is the eleventh angel in 2.0, not the seventeenth and it has not been confirmed whether he is the last angel or not. In the first Rebuild movie didn't Gendo reveal that there were a total of twelve angels? That would mean there is still one angel we haven't seen yet.

Wikipedia has some interesting points.

'It is unclear if Gendo's lines in 1.0, "We must defeat the remaining 8 Angels", which was said while Ramiel was attacking, included the (then) still captured third Angel. Logic seems to dictate that since the Angel was (at the time) already under NERV's control it seems unlikely Gendo would include the Angel in his countdown, but conversely, hints present in 2.0 indicate Gendo, with Kaji's help, may have triggered whatever it was that set the third Angel on a rampage and led to its ultimate defeat. If Gendo did include the third Angel in his countdown, then including Kaworu there remains only one undesignated Angel left in the Rebuild franchise. If Gendo did not, then Rebuild may very well still have two unidentified Angels left.'

Also, it would be interesting to find out what the Japanese text on the poster says.
ToukaJun 22, 2010 4:01 PM
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Jun 22, 2010 4:08 PM

May 2009
Touka said:
Kaworu is the eleventh angel in 2.0, not the seventeenth and it has not been confirmed whether he is the last angel or not. In the first Rebuild movie didn't Gendo reveal that there were a total of twelve angels? That would mean there is still one angel we haven't seen yet.

Ahh I totally forgot that, probably because i'm rewatching the original series.

Still it's curious that Hideaki changed the number of angel's to twelve since in japanese the angel's are called Shito which translates to Apostle.

I would like if the last angel would be like a Shinji's alter ego, still I don't think that's going to happen...
Jun 22, 2010 4:42 PM

Jul 2007
2 hours inside Shinji's head. I hope that'd make the critics complaining about Rebuild's lack of psychological content to STFU.
Jun 23, 2010 7:38 AM
May 2010
peroxid said:

Still it's curious that Hideaki changed the number of angel's to twelve since in japanese the angel's are called Shito which translates to Apostle.

This small interesting piece of info passed around by fans needs another small piece of info to complement it:-
In the most common Japanese translation of the New Testament, the word 'Angel' is also translated into "Shito"\Apostle, so the translation is perfectly accurate.
Jun 23, 2010 7:58 AM

May 2009
Ammar said:
This small interesting piece of info passed around by fans needs another small piece of info to complement it:-
In the most common Japanese translation of the New Testament, the word 'Angel' is also translated into "Shito"Apostle, so the translation is perfectly accurate.

Of course that the translation is correct, I would even criticize if they would translate angel to apostle in the eva franchise, since they all have angels names. Still I just found that it isn't a mere coincidence that now they're exactly 12 "angels".
Jun 24, 2010 1:57 AM

Apr 2009
Psychological/philosophical interpretation aside, this poster is very uninspired... I kind of wish they did something a little more creative and visually appealing than adding and removing vectors. IMO the poster is a troll to mislead people into believing that the movie will dive deep into Shinji's psyche. My bet is on overall content being action based.
Jun 26, 2010 5:16 PM

Aug 2009
Personally, I think it looks kind of cryptic.
Jul 4, 2010 11:53 AM

Sep 2007
The choice to only have shinji on the poster is very interesting. Combined with next episode preview at the end of 2.0, I'm really looking forward to 3.0.
Jul 4, 2010 11:55 AM

Dec 2009
Maybe he just simply distances himself from the other characters again. Shrug.
Jul 14, 2010 11:21 AM

Jan 2010
well only question bothers me is "Can Evangelion 3:0 be moore epic than 2:0 ?'
Jul 14, 2010 11:48 AM

Apr 2010
And now we play the waiting game...
Jul 14, 2010 11:52 AM

Dec 2007
peroxid said:

I seriously can't wait to see 3.0!! Please give us a proper camrip this time!!!!

You were lucky to have a camrip at all.

Also, am I the only one missing the spoiler in the poster? Where is it?
Jul 21, 2010 9:25 PM

Jan 2010
First thing I thought when I saw the movie poster was "Oh Shit." Can not wait to see how the story goes. The second movie set a bar incredibly high and I bet this will further that.
Aug 4, 2010 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
Fake poster is fake, considering there's no information whatsoever on Q yet.

Also, there should at least be 12 or 13 Angels total in the new movies, so there are either 2 or 3 left to attack if you count Kaworu. Since so far, the Adams (the 4 beings from Second Impact, they're called "Adams" in both versions of the Next Time Preview for 2.0) are considered be one Angel (unless something is said otherwise in Q or Final) and Lilith still seems to be Lilith in Central Dogma (unless something is said otherwise is Q or Final).
removed-userMar 6, 2011 8:55 PM
Aug 26, 2010 3:46 AM

Mar 2009
Meddigo said:
peroxid said:

You were lucky to have a camrip at all.

Also, am I the only one missing the spoiler in the poster? Where is it?

The spoiler is not in the poster, it's in the text below it, which is also inside the spoiler tags.
Sep 8, 2010 12:32 PM

Jun 2010
So tough to wait. :( But what if everyone died? Talk about a plot twist.
Sep 8, 2010 12:55 PM

Oct 2009
jagleny said:
So tough to wait. :( But what if everyone died? Talk about a plot twist.

and so... cliché T_T That would ruin the plot, wouldn't it?
Sep 11, 2010 9:59 AM
Jul 2010
I like this poster a lot
Oct 17, 2010 2:01 PM

Sep 2007
It sure is a fake poster, it was photoshoped.. ;D

Aug 9, 2011 6:48 PM

Jan 2010
Two Possible reasons why Shinji is the only one on the poster

1) Shinji is distancing himself from others.....again.
2) The events that happened in End of Evangelion which
occurs. But I expected that those events to occur in 4.0.
Aug 12, 2011 9:57 AM

Aug 2008
Well, the trailer suggests Shinji is "still" merged with Eva-01 (and Rei?). If so, we can expect events like in the series,

The way the trailer presents things, it's as if he stayed in Eva-01 during all of 3.0. So I wouldn't be surprised for him to be not only mentally, but physically cut off from everyone else, hence the poster.

I'm not sure Anno and Khara would 'dare' to set the whole of Q inside Shinji's mind after how Epic Mindf*** turned out, but I can easily imagine the focus shifting between events in Shinji's own mind, and "real-world" events outside of it. In a way, merging Epic Mindf*** and EoE.

Except there's yet another film left. Holy shit.

Aug 20, 2011 1:12 PM
Mar 2009
Touka said:

Wikipedia has some interesting points.

'It is unclear if Gendo's lines in 1.0, "We must defeat the remaining 8 Angels", which was said while Ramiel was attacking, included the (then) still captured third Angel. Logic seems to dictate that since the Angel was (at the time) already under NERV's control it seems unlikely Gendo would include the Angel in his countdown, but conversely, hints present in 2.0 indicate Gendo, with Kaji's help, may have triggered whatever it was that set the third Angel on a rampage and led to its ultimate defeat. If Gendo did include the third Angel in his countdown, then including Kaworu there remains only one undesignated Angel left in the Rebuild franchise. If Gendo did not, then Rebuild may very well still have two unidentified Angels left.'

Also, it would be interesting to find out what the Japanese text on the poster says.

If there are 12 angels and Kaworu is the 11th, I think they're making a reference to "End of Evangelion"

*Spoiler*
If I remember correctly, in the original series (near beginning) Misato, Ritsuko and Shinji were gathered around and they were talking about angel patterns and apparently it was "99.98%" similar to humans. Also, if you watched End Of Evangelion, I forgot who but (I think it was Misato......not sure) they revealed that the actual last angels were humans. So perhaps this explains the angel count? What all this means though....i have no clue ._.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dupa - Dec 17, 2012

787 by ToTheGyz »»
May 19, 6:34 AM

» I am Deathly Afraid of Evangelion

DoctorOddball - Aug 29, 2023

2 by DoctorOddball »»
Aug 29, 2023 6:10 PM

» How do you feel about Shinji??

SwagDemonMan - Oct 15, 2014

24 by DoctorOddball »»
Aug 29, 2023 6:06 PM

» Evangelion 3.0 explained (attempt to) [SPOILER]

GuidSMR - Apr 18, 2023

5 by DoctorOddball »»
Aug 29, 2023 6:05 PM

» So is Evangelion 3.0 really that bad? ( 1 2 )

DeusAnima - Oct 6, 2013

75 by Jun_Rei »»
Jul 12, 2022 5:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.