Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 26, 1:22 PM
wonder stella

Jul 2021
First off I just wanted to say, please leave Okeanix alone. He is based and its not his fault you all can't see the truth.

I guarantee when Arc 6 drops everyone will see how right he always has been. You should've seen it from the beginning, but Arc 6 I believe will make everyone realize how right he always has been

Now onto the main point of this thread. Re:zero will ultimate change anime forever and Arc 6 will finally prove it. Not only will it be the #1 anime on mal when the anime comes out, but it will change how people view anime and their expectations for what a great story is.

For several years, Attack on Titan was my favorite anime. I felt the story was incredible in every single way and the story and over all theme was just ultimately the greatest story ever told, and if we got AnR, that may have been the case for a little while.

But once Arc 6 comes out, everyone will see that Re:Zero is truly the greatest story ever told and will have something for everyone.

To comply with the MAL rules of encouraging productive discussion, I really truly want to ask you all what do you feel truly makes Re:zero a masterpiece? It literally has something for everyone. It has amazing writing. A Huge World. There is so much stuff about Re:zero that truly makes it have something for everything. I feel like so much anime fail to include something for everyone, but Re:zero has it, and everyone will see truly how much it has to offer and why it is the greatest story ever told once Arc 6 finally comes out.

So tell me everyone, what truly makes this show a masterpiece currently in your opinion? What part made you fall in love with these characters, this world, this story everything? I'd also like to know what makes it stand out from all other anime in your opinion :3
ishowcunnyOct 26, 1:34 PM
I love yuri and re:zero uwu
Oct 26, 1:38 PM
Jun 2020
The MC prevents me from love it.
Oct 26, 1:51 PM
Nov 2022
The character development of the MC and all the characters made me fall in love with it. It’s honestly what set my standard for character development for all other anime.

Edit: Okeanix is a disgrace to this community, and needs to shut the fuck up
Kaze1214Oct 26, 1:58 PM
Oct 26, 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
Character development of not only protagonist, but also supporting characters like Emilia and Beatrice. You guys don't even notice how very few anime has such a great character development for characters besides protagonist.
Also, world building is probably only second to Mushoku Tensei and visuals are great.
Besides that, the tension, mystery and story overall is also top notch.

Oct 26, 2:16 PM

Jun 2020
Well, the day it has become my favorite anime is the day I saw episode 18 of season 1. It is the first episode of anime I have seen that took place basically in one place with just two characters in a deep dialogue that was so raw, so believable, so relatable if had at any point in life a defeatist mindset. The ways it was delivered, and things that happened during it... I loved that Subaru at one point snapped at Rem because she did not understand his circumstances (how could she, he could not tell her), and he snapped at the words "it is easy to give up"... here the misunderstanding was great because his resignation have not come out of the blue for him but for her yes, so the two perspectives clashed... and yet she was trying to understand and encourage... and then he was the one that made her snap by not understanding her point of view which was her love and admiration of him which was at odds with his own self perception... and again she could not have known what his live looked like in Japan, how many times her truly failed in her world, but for her he was the person that brought light into her dark live. All this perfectly covered by the dialogue and voice acting. To this day every time I watch that episode and I watched it more than 20 times, it makes me cry. Re:zero is one of the few anime that makes me tear up, not only that it does it regularly and it has the same effect no matter how many times I watch those episodes. This is why I love it.

PS. I wrote it in one go without checking so sorry for typos are loose thoughts.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Oct 26, 2:23 PM
Jan 2021
Pieromysl said:
Character development of not only protagonist, but also supporting characters like Emilia and Beatrice. You guys don't even notice how very few anime has such a great character development for characters besides protagonist.
Also, world building is probably only second to Mushoku Tensei and visuals are great.
Besides that, the tension, mystery and story overall is also top notch.

What this guy says ⬆️
Oct 26, 2:49 PM

Jan 2021
Re:Zero isn't a masterpiece in the first place, but I do like it. Why? Return by Death is an interesting concept, the story is intriguing, and several characters are good. The usual basic reasons for why you would like a series.

Well, there is still nothing in this series to make it even in my top 40 animanga or top 5 isekai.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Oct 26, 3:04 PM
Dec 2023
Would be perfect if not for Subaru
Oct 26, 3:32 PM
Nov 2023
To address the first part of that delusional statement, Okeanix is a narrow minded idiot who has fixated on one thing and trash talks anything that competes with it. He also tries to force his opinions as facts. He also attempts to belittle people with opinions contrary to his. Typical narcissistic behaviour.
But I accept that re:zero is a very high quality story with excellent planning and execution which has been adapted to a good standard. In my opinion it deserves a place among the top 3 Issekai and top 20 of all anime, but where in those lists depends on the tastes of the observer, not Okeanix. Some would not even have it there at all, which is ok because personal tastes vary. Insulting people who see things differently as low IQ is a particularly infantile argument mr. O uses to justify forcing his agenda, but it just shows his own lack of maturity.
Summing up, please don’t become a clone of that buffoon as his constant stream of stupidity probably spawns most of the negativity that re:zero suffers.
Oct 26, 4:03 PM
Oct 2023
dawg if subaru ACTUALLY stopped simping every time he said "he'll treat Emilia properly now" I'd love the show so much more
Oct 26, 6:34 PM
Jan 2022
Natsuki Subaru for both
Oct 26, 6:49 PM

Jul 2024
Everything about it, every single thing about it. It's writing, storyline, plot, mystery, thrill, horror, psychology, character development, cliffhangers, music, visuals, actions, romance, protagonist, antagonists, side characters, world building everything.

It's a masterpiece because of its realistic character development, well-played interactions, and memorable characters:
The characters' actions are justified by psychological reasons, such as trauma, which changes their behavior and outlook on the world. The dialogue is well-worded and brings out heartfelt connection. Characters like Subaru, Rem, Emilia, Garfiel, Otto, Wilhelm are memorable and lovable in their own way..
Re:zero is thrilling, psychological, and action-packed, it's not only revolving around main character only, like tons of other animes and that's proof that the Isekai genre can be reinvented
Oct 26, 7:44 PM
Nov 2016
This anime ain't a masterpiece, but it's great.

What I do find a masterpiece is the OST, this anime has one of the best soundtracks in the anime industry for me.
Oct 26, 9:13 PM
Oct 2019
What truly makes it masterpiece and what made you fall in love with it?
Natsuki Subaru, I don't think I've ever been this invested in a main character out of any anime
Oct 26, 9:25 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Season 1 was nice, Season 2 was horrible, and Season 3 is decent so far despite those tryhard edgy Sin Archbishops, even those multiplying rabbits from s2 were still more interesting to see than those edgelords.

The supporting characters are the best part of the show like Reinhard, Anastasia, Crusch etc,
as for Subaru himself he is a bit cringey but still bearable.

tldr it's no masterpiece but it's decent.
RinrinkaOct 26, 9:29 PM

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Yesterday, 12:56 AM
Apr 2023
Anzenc said:
Everything about it, every single thing about it. It's writing, storyline, plot, mystery, thrill, horror, psychology, character development, cliffhangers, music, visuals, actions, romance, protagonist, antagonists, side characters, world building everything.

It's a masterpiece because of its realistic character development, well-played interactions, and memorable characters:
The characters' actions are justified by psychological reasons, such as trauma, which changes their behavior and outlook on the world. The dialogue is well-worded and brings out heartfelt connection. Characters like Subaru, Rem, Emilia, Garfiel, Otto, Wilhelm are memorable and lovable in their own way..
Re:zero is thrilling, psychological, and action-packed, it's not only revolving around main character only, like tons of other animes and that's proof that the Isekai genre can be reinvented

supporting bro ❤️
u said everything thing i would like to say
but i just want to highlight the villains Part of this show is incredibly amazing every villain has their aura and mysterious side by being mad pure evil no room for trivial reasons like being a villain as their parents didn't say goodbye before going to school and that type of story is in every plot and it's silly
this show also has one of the best if it's not the best voice acting in the anime industry
every single character has its peak moment which makes u depressed and very tearful
XenolinYesterday, 1:10 AM
Yesterday, 1:37 AM

Nov 2019
I think you need to create an alt account to probably make me respond to even your healthiest of posts:

"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Yesterday, 2:46 AM
Sep 2016
I love it for basically everything:

-Entertaining plot
-You have the returns from death which not only are really fun for the plot but Subaru actually grows with everyone of them
-You have good characters, they all have actual personalities, standpoints and flaws like actual people and they all change
-I really like the lore and the magic system
-The battles while not the main point of the show are really entertaining as they are mostly strategic and there's actual stakes in them
-The parallelisms with real suffering and reclusion
-Betty
-Echidna
-Natsuki Subaru is a greek hero
Yesterday, 3:51 AM

Apr 2022
because I'm Natsuki Subaru fr fr🗣️🕺
(I hate myself)
Yesterday, 4:30 AM
Jul 2022
Definitely Subaru's constant whining and his utter shock each time he experiences his return by death ability even though he's used it countless times and it's season 3.
Yesterday, 5:55 AM
Dec 2023
Honest answer Rem
Yesterday, 6:50 AM
Jun 2024
The suspense, writing and how every single thing about it suits my taste perfectly.
Yesterday, 9:54 AM
Nov 2020
Re:Zero grabbed me from episode 1. I really like the story and the character development. I think what makes it a masterpiece is WhiteFox’s love for the show. You can just see it in every aspect of the show from the amazing OPs, EDs, soundtrack, visuals, episode length, and little Easter eggs in some episodes that just shows they are fans of the material.
Yesterday, 6:09 PM
Sep 2024
H8drian said:
Definitely Subaru's constant whining and his utter shock each time he experiences his return by death ability even though he's used it countless times and it's season 3.

only 16 deaths throughout S1 & S2, he dies brutally while still feeling it when he respawns and the last thing that happens before each death is not only him but the people around dying, physical stress, mental stress, while only being a 17 year old regular dude from earth.

people: my 17 year old self could easily handle dying brutally, its just pain 🤓☝
Today, 12:20 AM
Sep 2024
ishowcunny said:
First off I just wanted to say, please leave Okeanix alone. He is based and its not his fault you all can't see the truth.

I guarantee when Arc 6 drops everyone will see how right he always has been. You should've seen it from the beginning, but Arc 6 I believe will make everyone realize how right he always has been

Now onto the main point of this thread. Re:zero will ultimate change anime forever and Arc 6 will finally prove it. Not only will it be the #1 anime on mal when the anime comes out, but it will change how people view anime and their expectations for what a great story is.

For several years, Attack on Titan was my favorite anime. I felt the story was incredible in every single way and the story and over all theme was just ultimately the greatest story ever told, and if we got AnR, that may have been the case for a little while.

But once Arc 6 comes out, everyone will see that Re:Zero is truly the greatest story ever told and will have something for everyone.

To comply with the MAL rules of encouraging productive discussion, I really truly want to ask you all what do you feel truly makes Re:zero a masterpiece? It literally has something for everyone. It has amazing writing. A Huge World. There is so much stuff about Re:zero that truly makes it have something for everything. I feel like so much anime fail to include something for everyone, but Re:zero has it, and everyone will see truly how much it has to offer and why it is the greatest story ever told once Arc 6 finally comes out.

So tell me everyone, what truly makes this show a masterpiece currently in your opinion? What part made you fall in love with these characters, this world, this story everything? I'd also like to know what makes it stand out from all other anime in your opinion :3

can someone tell me why y'all are hyping arc 6 up this much as if it will be as good in the anime as in the novel, the anime for every arc has been a step down for the novel(from what i heard) even so far in this arc 5, apparently the novel is better, you don't think the studio/director will cut some stuff or change things like in season 3 ep 2(subaru going to the tower alone and his brief fight with srirus) or lessen the impact for certain scenes (subaru using his invisible providence on regulus, the garfield stuff with his mom, and the amount of damage emilia did to sirius)
my point is that arc 6 will definitely be good, it will definitely be re:zero best season from the hype i am been hearing about it, but i just don't think it will be as hyped as you think it will be as a novel readrr, is 22 episodes even enough? especially with how the new director doesn't skip the OP And ED as often as the old
Today, 2:59 AM
Jan 2024
Who is okeanix, I don't know, can anyone tell me?
11 hours ago

Jul 2016
Reply to PLEIADES_
ishowcunny said:

can someone tell me why y'all are hyping arc 6 up this much as if it will be as good in the anime as in the novel, the anime for every arc has been a step down for the novel(from what i heard) even so far in this arc 5, apparently the novel is better, you don't think the studio/director will cut some stuff or change things like in season 3 ep 2(subaru going to the tower alone and his brief fight with srirus) or lessen the impact for certain scenes (subaru using his invisible providence on regulus, the garfield stuff with his mom, and the amount of damage emilia did to sirius)
my point is that arc 6 will definitely be good, it will definitely be re:zero best season from the hype i am been hearing about it, but i just don't think it will be as hyped as you think it will be as a novel readrr, is 22 episodes even enough? especially with how the new director doesn't skip the OP And ED as often as the old
@PLEIADES_ Yeah, I'm not sure why people are cranking up expectations this much. It's just a bad idea. Most anime onlies will probably have the same criticism that they had since the beginning. Also Arc 6, as good as it is, does something that may be very badly received amongst a lot of anime onlies. I mean it could possibly be "fuck this show I'm out" badly received. And that's mostly because anime onlies don't have as much patience than novels readers do; it's just a different audience altogether.

As for the Arc 5 adaptation so far, it's pretty good. The production value has remained great and the Capella scenes were pretty much perfect, maybe even surpassing the novels in certain aspects. What's been worse though is how Garfiel's scenes were adapted just poorly enough to mostly nullify their emotional impact. But the novels do have some very experimental prose going on at some key moments, which can't be translated at all into anime. (I've read the WN Arc 5 so I don't if some other cuts are from the LN or anime.) It's also important to note that volume 17 was adapted in 3 episodes (ep 2 to 4), meanwhile the rest of the novels will be adapted in 4 episodes each for Arc 5, which is a lot more time to make things right.

22 episodes for Arc 6 seems quite good to me. The LN version is 5 novels long (just like Arc 5), so we'd get 4.4 episodes per novels on average, as opposed to the 3.8 that we'll end up with Arc 5 (and 3.0 for volume 17). It's nearly 50% more time than we've had for the past three weeks' episodes, which sounds great to me.
6 hours ago
wonder stella

Jul 2021
Reply to Samigaga
Who is okeanix, I don't know, can anyone tell me?
@Samigaga He's God
I love yuri and re:zero uwu
4 hours ago

Jan 2024
Overall it's excellent idk what makes you qualifies for it.
First half of S1 is was okish but from second half it really picked up.
S2 cour 1 is by far the my favourite part. The development of Subaru throughout that was very well executed. And the witches are really entertaining specially Echidna. And it was good to see all of that culminate in how Subaru solved all the problem in one loop in next part.
Characters in Re: Zero is definitely it's strong point. World building ain't that great compared to other Isekais. Actions are good when their is but still again lacking compared to other Isekais.
4 hours ago
Apr 2016
It's utter garbage really
3 hours ago
Nov 2020
I love re:zero because of its narrative complexity. Through Subaru you can see multiple different sides of every characters and plot points which is very fascinating atleast for me. Combined with the world building, top tier characters and mystery makes it one of my favorite
3 hours ago
Jul 2021
Polvo_Aranha said:
The MC prevents me from love it.

yeah same here! i remember when i watched it subaru was so fucking cringe, that sometimes i closed my eyes and couldn't get myself to watch back on the screen!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23

199 by QuoteMAL »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 6

523 by ionelHeredia »»
2 hours ago

» I'm lost

RealityChanges - Yesterday

15 by DGemu »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 16

194 by KevinnS »»
3 hours ago

» The show's writing frustrates me sometimes

certifiedbinger - Oct 26

44 by Confused_100 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.