Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Yesterday, 6:56 PM
Feb 2021
Don't get me wrong rezero is peak but trying to understand everyhting makes me lose brain cells. I've searched up a lot of videos that helped me understand but with each new episode I just get lost. Doesn't matter though this anime is really good so its worth it.
Yesterday, 7:15 PM

Jan 2020
What are you specifically lost on? Characters, world, or just what is going on?

Re:zero can get quickly confusing if you don't understand all the metaphors or visuals.

Some of it takes nuance and observation to understand, since some scenes can be really subtle, while others extremely emotionally charged.
Yesterday, 7:19 PM

Jul 2024
You can ask what you don't understand. That is the very first reason why discussion threads solely exist for.
Yesterday, 7:54 PM
Jul 2022
I think he's lost about what he's lost about.
Yesterday, 9:18 PM
Jul 2023
the most confusing part about re:zero is the archbishops and authorities, you can watch explanation videos to understand them
Today, 12:31 AM
Sep 2024
atleast say what you're lost about 🤦‍♂️
12 hours ago

Nov 2020
You can't understand everything. Some things that are confusing might be explained later. It doesn't hurt to tell us, what exactly you didn't understand.
12 hours ago

Jan 2019
Re:Zero is a complex and rich series where viewers can't even understand half of the details in the episodes they are watching. It requires a lot of analysis, rewatching, and discussion.

The current Season 3, Arc 5, is actually the simplest and most straightforward Re:Zero arc.
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
10 hours ago
Apr 2017
Okeanix said:
Re:Zero is a complex and rich series where viewers can't even understand half of the details in the episodes they are watching. It requires a lot of analysis, rewatching, and discussion.

The current Season 3, Arc 5, is actually the simplest and most straightforward Re:Zero arc.

I think the anime does a terrible job adapting the nuances of the novel and it omits a lot of important info, so I don't blame anime onlies for not getting most of it. If people don't read the novels a lot of info will go over their heads and you can't blame them for it. You can praise the novels for being a masterpiece but the anime is far from it.
9 hours ago

Jan 2019
Reply to Yosakusan
Okeanix said:

I think the anime does a terrible job adapting the nuances of the novel and it omits a lot of important info, so I don't blame anime onlies for not getting most of it. If people don't read the novels a lot of info will go over their heads and you can't blame them for it. You can praise the novels for being a masterpiece but the anime is far from it.
@Yosakusan I don't think you understand subtext in a visual medium. What you're asking for isn't achievable without having a narrator who explains everything, like in the Chimera Ant Arc from Hunter x Hunter. A lot of people disliked the narrator in that arc.

Re:Zero is a masterpiece. Just because it's not easily understandable on the first watch doesn't change that fact. Most movies or shows that are praised as masterpieces are essentially the same.
8 hours ago
Aug 2016
RealityChanges said:
Don't get me wrong rezero is peak but trying to understand everyhting makes me lose brain cells. I've searched up a lot of videos that helped me understand but with each new episode I just get lost. Doesn't matter though this anime is really good so its worth it.

You need tl watch from season 1 and in order :)
4 hours ago
Apr 2017
Okeanix said:
@Yosakusan I don't think you understand subtext in a visual medium. What you're asking for isn't achievable without having a narrator who explains everything, like in the Chimera Ant Arc from Hunter x Hunter. A lot of people disliked the narrator in that arc.

Re:Zero is a masterpiece. Just because it's not easily understandable on the first watch doesn't change that fact. Most movies or shows that are praised as masterpieces are essentially the same.

The problem is that there's no subtext most of the time, it is just flat out omited info. Like Satella's double personality, Al and Flugel being from Japan, Subaru having a conection to the sage, cut shadow garden scenes, Wilhelm's shoulder injury, important details of Emilia's breakdown in S2 and many more important scenes that are just removed/changed in the anime for no reason. Even if u retain 100% of the info the anime provides, without looking at cut content videos, you'll still feel lost sometimes.
3 hours ago
Feb 2021
Yosakusan said:
Okeanix said:

The problem is that there's no subtext most of the time, it is just flat out omited info. Like Satella's double personality, Al and Flugel being from Japan, Subaru having a conection to the sage, cut shadow garden scenes, Wilhelm's shoulder injury, important details of Emilia's breakdown in S2 and many more important scenes that are just removed/changed in the anime for no reason. Even if u retain 100% of the info the anime provides, without looking at cut content videos, you'll still feel lost sometimes.

You are correct, and Okeanix is incorrect. As someone caught up to Arc 9 in the WN, I have to explain many, many concepts to my anime-only friends. Re:Zero is not a series of “subtext.” Tappei is not a writer of “subtext.” Tappei’s writing style is inherently a “tell don’t show” approach. He is incredibly detail oriented, and whether it be through the main novels or side stories, he hardly omits a single detail (outside of the world’s main mysteries which he slowly unveils).

Re:Zero is a masterpiece, but anime-onlies can’t and will never be able to understand the lore, mystery and character nuances without reading it, or speaking constantly to a novel reader for guidance.
2 hours ago
Mar 2021
same, I rewatched it because of this. there was still some plot holes because the anime goes through some things that are adapted poorly from the ln. you should rewatch.
2 hours ago

Jan 2019
Reply to Yosakusan
Okeanix said:

@Yosakusan

Like Satella's double personality.

I agree that this was a poorly handled cut.

Al and Flugel being from Japan

This is completely unrelated to Arcs 1-5.

Even if the anime mentioned details like Aldebaran's origins, people would likely forget after eight years, and it could be added later.

Subaru having a conection to the sage

This can easily be included in the Arc 6 anime adaptation.

cut shadow garden scenes

Even Tappei forgot about the shadow garden.

Wilhelm's shoulder injury

In the anime, Wilhelm is constantly shown holding his shoulder, and this will be explained again in Cour 2. (probably)

Important details of Emilia's breakdown in S2

Roswaal already provided enough context for this, and viewers can literally see her in the trials room.

Except for Satella's double personality, none of these omissions impact the story or viewing experience yet.
51 minutes ago

Nov 2013
Its just intentionally convoluted to get you to think "oh me godz deep." You might have to watch previous seasons again.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Aug 6

523 by ionelHeredia »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23

197 by QuoteMAL »»
13 minutes ago

» What truly makes it masterpiece and what made you fall in love with it?

ishowcunny - Oct 26

31 by Youre_boyIruma »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 16

194 by KevinnS »»
1 hour ago

» The show's writing frustrates me sometimes

certifiedbinger - Oct 26

44 by Confused_100 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.