Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 5, 7:45 AM
Aug 2021
I am currently on ep 6..I dont understand why this show is rated so low although it might not be a master piece it is a solid 7.5 or above
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 5, 7:49 AM

Apr 2016
I guess some people would rather see the main girl to be paired with a dude, rather than another girl. So i guess that's why such a low rating.
Sep 5, 8:07 AM
Aug 2021
Swagernator said:
I guess some people would rather see the main girl to be paired with a dude, rather than another girl. So i guess that's why such a low rating.

am i missing something here? coz izumi is a boy right?
Sep 5, 8:09 AM
Aug 2021
Philadelphia07 said:
I am currently on ep 6..I dont understand why this show is rated so low although it might not be a master piece it is a solid 7.5 or above

For me, it's because the show lacked something and somehow felt flat. It definitely lacked charm, and unlike other similar romcoms, didn't evoke any particular emotions. So not bad per se, just really boring imo.
Sep 5, 8:10 AM

Apr 2016
Reply to Philadelphia07
Swagernator said:

am i missing something here? coz izumi is a boy right?
@Philadelphia07 Well technically yes, he is, but deep down he's a little scared girl.
Sep 5, 8:13 AM
Dec 2022
It was the manga I read before watching the anime. That's what changed my view on it.
Sep 5, 8:14 AM
Nov 2023
It’s decent but I have seen better romances.
7/10
Sep 5, 8:14 AM
Mar 2021
Philadelphia07 said:

Here's my take:

-I finished the whole season (over about a week or two)

-I gave it a 4

-The main character annoyed me beyond belief

-The side characters (aside from shikimori) were forgettable and boring to me

-The general art style and animation were fine, nothing worth giving or taking points for

-Opening was good

-The whole being dangerously unlucky thing was overplayed way too much imo. It got boring after 3 instances because of how little time would pass between each bad thing nearly killing him.

-The show was kind of hyped up for me going in so I expected something far better than what it was, so maybe the thing dragging it from a 5 to a 4 for me is sheer disappointment.

Allow me to be clear though, these are all my opinions and experiences. If it's a 10/10 to you, then all power to you. I didn't find the show offensive at all, I just didn't like it.
Sep 5, 9:06 AM
Oct 2023
I love this anime because it reminds me a lot of the reverse relationship I have with my boyfriend ! 🥰💗💗

shikimori is exactly my psychotype.
Sep 5, 9:17 AM
Nov 2021
I forgot about this anime. idk why I gave it a 6/10 rating. It's a 7.5/10 for me, not a 8 or 7.i will fix my rating now. I am hoping for another season, although I don't like the main character, the female mc is cool
Sep 5, 9:18 AM
Jun 2023
polnalyubvi said:
I love this anime because it reminds me a lot of the reverse relationship I have with my boyfriend ! 🥰💗💗

wtf is all I could say
Sep 5, 9:19 AM
Jun 2023
Also this anime is boring almost made me quit all together because of how fucking boring it was I had to take a break to comprehend the mid
Sep 5, 9:20 AM
Oct 2023
I_love_sora2 said:
polnalyubvi said:

wtf is all I could say

it's cute !😘🥰
Sep 5, 9:23 AM
Jun 2023
polnalyubvi said:
I_love_sora2 said:

wtf is all I could say

it's cute !😘🥰

I’ll let it slide since you watched aki sora in a dream and gave it a 7 watch yosuga no sora
Sep 5, 10:23 AM

Jan 2023
I rated it 8/10
my reasons is mostly that I found it entertaining and cute, also im sucker for that artstyle for eyes.

I also like it had the traditional powerroles reversed, felt a bit like a breath of fresh air. But this can easily also be a reason for the low score
Sep 5, 10:50 AM

Jul 2015
I'm actually wondering why it's rated above 6.0.
It's genuinely bad, boring and completely fails at everything it tries and supposed to be. IMO one of the worst romcoms out there, but actually it doesn't even fall into definition of romance.

Sep 5, 10:58 AM
Oct 2022
Hacker075 said:
Philadelphia07 said:

Here's my take:

-I gave it a 4

-The general art style and animation were fine, nothing worth giving or taking points for

-Opening was good

-The whole being dangerously unlucky thing was overplayed way too much imo. It got boring after 3 instances because of how little time would pass between each bad thing nearly killing him.

-The show was kind of hyped up for me going in so I expected something far better than what it was, so maybe the thing dragging it from a 5 to a 4 for me is sheer disappointment.

Allow me to be clear though, these are all my opinions and experiences. If it's a 10/10 to you, then all power to you. I didn't find the show offensive at all, I just didn't like it.

Literally the only time the “dangerously unlucky” trope turned out to be actually decent was in Reborn as a Space Mercenary. The author alluded to it very early on and by chapter 300-ish we got a proper explanation as to why Hiro’s luck+misfortune stat seemed to be through the fucking roof. Though technically we’re still getting additional explanation piece by piece as of chapter 500
Sep 5, 11:21 AM
Mar 2021
Franklr_D said:
Hacker075 said:

Here's my take:

-I gave it a 4

-Opening was good

Literally the only time the “dangerously unlucky” trope turned out to be actually decent was in Reborn as a Space Mercenary. The author alluded to it very early on and by chapter 300-ish we got a proper explanation as to why Hiro’s luck+misfortune stat seemed to be through the fucking roof. Though technically we’re still getting additional explanation piece by piece as of chapter 500

To be fair, I seem to remember A character in Kekkai Sensen had horrible luck but that was kind of funny because it only ever hurt people around him.
Sep 5, 1:58 PM
Aug 2023
Swagernator said:

what is wrong with you
Sep 5, 2:24 PM
Feb 2018
Swagernator said:

Mark as best answer and close the thread.
Sep 5, 2:44 PM
May 2024
man the side characters were funny and shi; but the thing is, the romance ain't hittin my g. solid 6 for me.
Sep 5, 3:34 PM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Anime Discussion Rules: 2.e Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
e. MAL community data
e.g. Questioning the score/ranking/character favorite counts
e.g. Saying that series X should have a higher/lower score/count
e.g. Specific reviews, moderation of data/community content/reviews, etc.
Concerns about the website should be reported using the appropriate buttons or designated MyAnimeList boards.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2022

228 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 13, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2022

175 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 13, 12:02 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2022

174 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 12, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2022

175 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 12, 6:41 PM

Poll: » Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2022

207 by LordCrueltyV »»
Sep 11, 7:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.