Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 25, 1:09 AM
Jun 2021
All this show needs is interesting storyboards, thats really it. Voice acting is already gonna be good, so no complaints there. This show or manga bread and butter is verbal confrontations, so get ready for that. idk why or how people thought that this type of show will get god level production, this show on an animation spectrum is closer to yamada 999, which was very decent animation wise.

And also, dont judge it based on the first teaser trailer (that basically showed nothing), when the staff lists comes out or when the show gets a second trailer then there will be more merit (substance to the "animation mid") argument. If yamada 999 type animation will make this show less enjoyable for you then, your honestly being ridiculous
Jul 25, 2:09 AM
Oct 2020
That's what I'm saying, when I saw the trailer, I thought the animation fit it quite well, not too extravagantly colorful nor too Gothic, just exactly right
Jul 25, 2:19 AM
Oct 2019
Agree with you, preach king (+ it look good)
Jul 25, 2:20 AM

Nov 2021
I guess it's good to know, though I already knew it. Since it’s madhouse I don’t think production will be issue here, I’m sure the visuals would be nice.
Jul 25, 3:23 AM

May 2024
I mean what we saw from the trailer looked pretty damn good. And I do agree as long as they get the interactions and art style right the actual animation won't matter as much. A production quality similar to Monster is what this needs.
Jul 25, 6:18 AM
Mar 2021
3inPunisher said:
All this show needs is interesting storyboards, thats really it. Voice acting is already gonna be good, so no complaints there. This show or manga bread and butter is verbal confrontations, so get ready for that. idk why or how people thought that this type of show will get god level production, this show on an animation spectrum is closer to yamada 999, which was very decent animation wise.

And also, dont judge it based on the first teaser trailer (that basically showed nothing), when the staff lists comes out or when the show gets a second trailer then there will be more merit (substance to the "animation mid") argument. If yamada 999 type animation will make this show less enjoyable for you then, your honestly being ridiculous

Yup absolutely agree It’s too soon to judge a product based on a teaser even tho it looked pretty good I think the issue is that anime fans nowadays hv been spoiled by great animations from series like DS and JJK so they immediately think by default that anything which looks sightly less visually appealing is gonna be bad even tho it might not be the case.
Jul 25, 8:43 AM
Jul 2017
I really don’t see what people are complaining about. It looked fine☠️. And they preserved the manga’s artstyle which is what I cared about most. Like, the pv was literally people standing around talking which is mostly what the manga is comprised of. What the hell kinda sakuga are people expecting smh.
Jul 25, 8:50 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to Phlaryx
I really don’t see what people are complaining about. It looked fine☠️. And they preserved the manga’s artstyle which is what I cared about most. Like, the pv was literally people standing around talking which is mostly what the manga is comprised of. What the hell kinda sakuga are people expecting smh.
@Phlaryx You know the first episodes of Slime S3? Boring expositions at the table. This show doesn't need any sakuga (maybe only for 1 Oczy's fight), but a better form of presented info dumps. It should be better executed and provide better experience than listening to characters and watching still frames in every episode.
Jul 25, 9:15 AM
Jul 2017
Reply to 18927
@Phlaryx You know the first episodes of Slime S3? Boring expositions at the table. This show doesn't need any sakuga (maybe only for 1 Oczy's fight), but a better form of presented info dumps. It should be better executed and provide better experience than listening to characters and watching still frames in every episode.
@18927 I haven’t seen slime season 3 so I couldn’t say, but to me this show needs to get the music, the voice acting, and the storyboarding right, and from what I saw from this small trailer, they delivered on all of that so far. And the animation seemed pretty good too. The scene with the person burning at the stake looked really good. The scene with Rafal floating around the stars looked good. The eyes look really good. That’s just me.
Jul 25, 11:06 AM
Dec 2020
18927 said:

"info dumps" is all I need to know in order to not take your opinion seriously.
Jul 25, 11:24 AM

Apr 2024
Reply to Infernalization
18927 said:

"info dumps" is all I need to know in order to not take your opinion seriously.
@Infernalization Like I care, lmao
Aug 5, 5:23 PM
Jul 2024
Nah it needs more sakuga i dont care if it isn't an action show.
Aug 11, 3:09 PM

Apr 2020
Okay?

Riddle me this: Why, if possible, would you NOT want OPM/Frieren Production, thoi?........
Aug 14, 5:38 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to Phlaryx
@Phlaryx nah bro we need yutaka nakamura on this anime.
Aug 15, 5:26 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to Merve2Love
Okay?

Riddle me this: Why, if possible, would you NOT want OPM/Frieren Production, thoi?........
@Merve2Love no one said "we do NOT want it".
Aug 15, 6:43 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to TRC_Randy
@Merve2Love no one said "we do NOT want it".
@TRC_Randy

Okay. Let's go with that
--
---
-----

So if we knew each other and you said to me:
>Hey, the weather is alright today, we don't really need to take an umbrella with us<

And I would answer with:
>Nah, there's still a chance that'll rain. Lets grab the umbrella. It's better<

Would you be able to say: >Noone said I don't wanna take the umbrella with me< ...without sounding stupid?
No.

Case closed.
#Puttheforkinhimhesdone
Aug 15, 11:59 PM

Aug 2020
Merve2Love said:
Okay. Let's go with that
--
---
-----

So if we knew each other
"if". I'm not talking about ifs. The fact is idk you.

Merve2Love said:
Would you be able to say: >Noone said I don't wanna take the umbrella with me< ...without sounding stupid?
the stupid thing here is comparing a 2-people conversation to a public forum where there's no limit to how many people can respond so ofc it'd make less sense to say "no one" in this situation. Besides, that analogy you gave itself isn't comparable as your idea concerns with "x seems fine so we don't need y" whereas OP's is "x doesn't need y bcoz of this and that". Your
Merve2Love said:
Why, if possible, would you NOT want OPM/Frieren Production, thoi?........
is just about z and my reply was to call out that no one mentioned anything about z which again isn't comparable to the response in your analogy as that's "i didn't say i didn't need x". Two different things there.

Merve2Love said:
Case closed.
There's no case tbw. No need to make a big deal out of it.
TRC_RandyAug 16, 12:02 AM
Aug 16, 5:28 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to TRC_Randy
Merve2Love said:
Okay. Let's go with that
--
---
-----

So if we knew each other
"if". I'm not talking about ifs. The fact is idk you.

Merve2Love said:
the stupid thing here is comparing a 2-people conversation to a public forum where there's no limit to how many people can respond so ofc it'd make less sense to say "no one" in this situation. Besides, that analogy you gave itself isn't comparable as your idea concerns with "x seems fine so we don't need y" whereas OP's is "x doesn't need y bcoz of this and that". Your
Merve2Love said:
Why, if possible, would you NOT want OPM/Frieren Production, thoi?........
is just about z and my reply was to call out that no one mentioned anything about z which again isn't comparable to the response in your analogy as that's "i didn't say i didn't need x". Two different things there.

Merve2Love said:
Case closed.
There's no case tbw. No need to make a big deal out of it.
@TRC_Randy

Damn, don't take this liittle roast so literal, my dude^^
You suckt all the fun right out of it xD
Aug 16, 5:39 AM

Aug 2020
Reply to Merve2Love
@TRC_Randy

Damn, don't take this liittle roast so literal, my dude^^
You suckt all the fun right out of it xD
@Merve2Love dw, i AM having fun.
Aug 16, 6:44 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to TRC_Randy
@Merve2Love dw, i AM having fun.
@TRC_Randy

Obviously^^
Aug 19, 12:07 PM
Jul 2017
Reply to Merve2Love
Okay?

@Merve2Love It’s not that we don’t want Frieren level production. Production of that quality is always welcomed. It’s more like Frieren level production shouldn’t be a requirement for this show to still be good or enjoyable. The animation they showed so far isn’t terrible or anything. It just looks okay. But we haven’t really seen anything yet so it’s too early to call it bad or good.
Aug 19, 12:12 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Phlaryx
@Merve2Love It’s not that we don’t want Frieren level production. Production of that quality is always welcomed. It’s more like Frieren level production shouldn’t be a requirement for this show to still be good or enjoyable. The animation they showed so far isn’t terrible or anything. It just looks okay. But we haven’t really seen anything yet so it’s too early to call it bad or good.
@Phlaryx

Pretty much what Im saying^^

True. This isn't an action oriented Show.
But as we agree: A Frieren Level Production is always welcomed. So why not hope for it?^^
Aug 24, 12:25 AM

May 2009
It's NHK show, don't expect such quality. Expect Fumetsu no anata tier quality.
Aug 27, 6:16 PM
Jul 2024
Reply to bastek66
It's NHK show, don't expect such quality. Expect Fumetsu no anata tier quality.
@bastek66 no thanks i want 1billion frames per second
Aug 28, 12:08 AM

May 2009
Reply to Mackyreels
@bastek66 no thanks i want 1billion frames per second
@Mackyreels That doesn't even look good.
Sep 4, 2:43 PM
Apr 2022
Nah it looked like ass. Stiff movement, poor direction, horrible color work. Bland all around. Orb may not need a sakuga heavy team, but a competent one is a definite must.
Sep 22, 6:58 AM

Jan 2017
Slideshow on the way
Sep 26, 6:14 AM
Jan 2020
dr movie is my favorite studio
Sep 27, 12:48 AM
Jul 2024
Reply to LoneTrain
Slideshow on the way
@LoneTrain orb deserves better treatment 😭😭😭
Sep 27, 8:33 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to Mackyreels
@LoneTrain orb deserves better treatment 😭😭😭
@Mackyreels Stop crying.

First let the anime come out. Second you should be happy that manga like this is getting an anime in the first place. Production company is taking a high risk in animating this kind of stuff which doesn't really resonate well with the so called Weeb/Otaku.
Sep 27, 3:19 PM

Mar 2021
Just based off the synopsis and PV, I feel like this anime is supposed to bring out feelings of awe, but I'm not entirely sure if it's on that level. I'm 50/50 as of now, but it's just the PV so not much to go off of.

Edit: Came back after reading some manga reviews and skimmed the first couple of manga chapters, and the 'blandness' people refer to seems more like a source material issue. It's not particularly bad though tbh, and appears to have some bright spots as well. I guess like the OP states, animation doesn't have to be insane, just needs to be good enough to get the point across.
Quadruple_OiSep 27, 5:12 PM
Sep 28, 1:02 AM
Jul 2024
Reply to Quadruple_Oi
Just based off the synopsis and PV, I feel like this anime is supposed to bring out feelings of awe, but I'm not entirely sure if it's on that level. I'm 50/50 as of now, but it's just the PV so not much to go off of.

Edit: Came back after reading some manga reviews and skimmed the first couple of manga chapters, and the 'blandness' people refer to seems more like a source material issue. It's not particularly bad though tbh, and appears to have some bright spots as well. I guess like the OP states, animation doesn't have to be insane, just needs to be good enough to get the point across.
@Quadruple_Oi nah bro we need yutaka nakamura on this one lol.
Oct 5, 7:00 PM
Jul 2024
Update it got a semi frieren treatment.
Oct 5, 10:42 PM

Apr 2021
The most ironic part is that the opening was somewhat of a mini-Frieren production. With the action director Tooru Iwazawa storyboarding and directing it, and Frieren character designer Reiko Nagasawa as the animation director.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chi.: Chikyuu no Undou ni Tsuite Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - 5 hours ago

26 by Mcsuper »»
15 minutes ago

» Polska gurom

Selianth - Oct 11

25 by slimshady14 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Chi.: Chikyuu no Undou ni Tsuite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12

199 by Tacsk0 »»
3 hours ago

» English Dub?

AHxD_ - 3 hours ago

2 by mobxmentality »»
3 hours ago

» Episode 4 Preview images and synopsis

18927 - Oct 16

7 by Peenutz »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.