Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 22, 8:59 PM
May 2021
I’m sure everyone is well aware of the drama going on in the community over this season, and I’m ashamed to admit I’m a part of it. I’m of the belief that this season’s board room discussions are boring and make this an objectively bad season of television. This has been met by numerous angry comments in response. Most I can brush away but the two that really get under my skin are:

1. “It’s what the series is about bro!” and:
2. “Why are you complaining, just drop and shut up!”

These arguments, I believe, come from a misunderstanding of the original posts due to either being unclear or not reading it, or just outright disdain for the poster's opinion, so I want to debunk these arguments to the best of my abilities.

1. I know that Slime Tensura is about nation building, literally no-one who watches this show doesn’t know this. This does not mean that the EXECUTION of this premise is good, which is what I believe everyone is frustrated about. We can all acknowledge that these talks are necessary and that they were a part of the previous seasons, a majority of people who are watching this have seen them or read the manga or LN. This does not mean that shoveling eleventy-zillion boring ass meetings down are throat is in any way, shape, or form, a good way to convey the information the creators want to convey. Stories that are exposition heavy and have always been panned and criticized for that reason, and this is no different.
2. This is not an arguement, its something people say when they have no arguement but still want to say something. People do this because they want to vent their feelings about something they are experiencing, this is the basis for ALL criticism and complaining for anything ever.

I hope we can stop fighting now and get along, have a nice day.
Jun 22, 9:10 PM
Dec 2022
That's their loss, man. I never once found the discussions and meetings boring. I'm all for it. This is probably the 5th time I am stating my view on this issue this month alone. It's infuriating. But yes, you are most certainly right.
Jun 22, 9:18 PM
Nov 2023
Subjective views are not facts.
Your opinions are only that.
‘It is boring because I say so’ is a child’s way to prove an argument. Many thousands of viewers don’t share your opinions and a few do.
No production company cares about your opinions when the target audience in Japan are buying merch and paying subs therefore your pointless incessant rants are achieving nothing.
If everyone agreed with your opinions the rating would be much lower.

Despite these actual truths, I respect your right to those opinions but am tired of the frequency of these threads. Maybe just once start a thread about something you like and maybe spread some positivity in a community of fans of a minority art form who should be united in their passion rather than trying to tear it down.
Jun 22, 10:24 PM
Nov 2018
I always wondered people are more excited to watch things that they hate over things that they like. You never really see discussions about things what made the anime great. When they watch something they don't like, all they have to do is quit watching it. They out right refuse for some reason. They always say "I never drop a show after I start watching it." It's their fault for watching something they don't like. They shouldn't have a right to complain. I drop 4 shows this season because, I didn't want to waste time on them.
MoppitJun 23, 7:31 AM
Jun 22, 11:07 PM
Jun 2021
they aren't boring, they just get top repetitive
Jun 22, 11:26 PM
Sep 2021
i just find it extremely hypocritical and funny that the same anime fandom going : " Iskeai anime are bad because they're just boring power fantasies!! " unironically glaze slime
Jun 23, 12:23 AM
Mar 2024
I personally have read the manga and the light novel, and am positive this season is doing a good job adapting. My friend who has not read slime is very curious about the world and wants to learn more which only these meetings can provide so I can't see any better option for the anime only people who want to genuinely enjoy the show by know the depth of the story which can't be skipped or else the y won't know the finer details and intricacies of the anime
Jun 23, 12:39 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
They do talk a lot in the light novels so obviously, they'd talk in the anime. Vol 18 for example, is about 350 pages long. They talked for about 300 pages before something happened.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jun 23, 12:39 AM
Oct 2021
ppl be Yapping too much
Jun 23, 3:22 AM
Jan 2020
honestly I didn't finds it boring at all..in fact I love it!
Jun 23, 5:34 AM
May 2022
Rimuru is building a nation and if the boardroom discussions are left out then as a viewer you would be wondering who decided to add entertainment venues to Tempest and who is in charge of the projects and why are we now seeing humans running such an important aspect of tempests economy.
Jun 23, 7:15 AM

Jan 2020
Okay not reading all that Mr. Obama
Jun 23, 11:50 AM
Mar 2016
"boring meetings" is an opinion, not an objective fact.

there are thousands upon thousands of viewers who are enjoying these episodes. Not everyone comes on MAL/reddit or the like to voice their opinions. In fact, the majority don't.

Are you aware of how many anime exist that are heavy dialouge? literally airing at the same time as slime is Spice & Wolf, an anime that is almost entirely dialouge about economics/trading.

Would you complain that Spice & Wolf has too much dialogue? I mean, you absolutely could, but you would be missing the point of the show. it's not for everyone, and neither is Slime.
Jun 23, 6:22 PM

Nov 2009
Okay not reading all that Mr. Obama

Imagine if Obama is actually a fan of this anime series.

As for this thread topic...

Yea... it's a divide between the community.

Half bashes all the dialogues.

The other Half likes all the world buildings.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 23, 8:03 PM
Oct 2019
Sorry if that happened to you.
Jun 23, 11:36 PM

May 2020
Reply to Moppit
I always wondered people are more excited to watch things that they hate over things that they like. You never really see discussions about things what made the anime great. When they watch something they don't like, all they have to do is quit watching it. They out right refuse for some reason. They always say "I never drop a show after I start watching it." It's their fault for watching something they don't like. They shouldn't have a right to complain. I drop 4 shows this season because, I didn't want to waste time on them.
@Moppit
I'd like to give insight on "I never drop a show after I start watching it.", as I am someone who does so, but before that; I'm loving this season, and have very few issues with this season. None of which are the long conversations, in fact I feel that they're a strength of this season. I plan on giving it an 8-9/10 currently. I mention this to bring up the fact that I despised Season 2 Part 2, and had a love hate relationship with Season 2 Part 1.
So from that I'm sure my first point, and imo the most obvious one for why someone would have that mentality, is that "it can become better." That includes it objectively gets better, subjectively, or a mix of both.

My second reasoning would be related to learning, I'm personally interested in anime enough to the point of being a wannabe critic, as I had an interest in being one even before watching anime, I like to learn about what makes a show good or bad, and have even taken high school & online lessons. I might end up being a writer at some point in my life, but I am content with it being a hobby. I'm particularly interested in what makes a show good subjectively, as it constantly has me challenging my own views of something, and helps me realise when I am wrong. I'm also interested in just learning about what's even happening during the anime season, even if I absolutely despise a show, I always come out of it with something I can at least talk about and I value that. Therefor I never end up wasting my time, or at least it doesn't ever feel that way. I end up "complaining", as you put it, to voice my opinions and see what people think of them. Which ends up making me not ever being able to drop something as I always feel like I'm missing out.

My third and final reasoning is very simple, I can enjoy a show being bad because it's objectively/subjectively bad or both. You know of them, the people who watch the worst of the worst and somehow obtain enjoyment at something so horrendously bad. Except to a degree, I can do so with any anime I dislike.

IMO most people who have the same mentality, to some degree follow these 3 above. The particular distinction between most is how serious they take the 2nd reason. Some do so with an ego, thinking they're "better than everyone else" because they're slightly interested and knowledgeable. These are probably the ones you encounter the most and quite frankly they are just complaining. If I can exaggerate a bit it goes something like this, THEY know what makes a show good or bad, so THEY should watch it and voice their superior anime giga brain opinion. So all the cat girls/boys flock at them for how based their opinion is at dictating the anime. They genuinely want to learn something about the creation or what's going on currently to some capacity but they take what they know, or what they think they know, too far.
Others are interested in that way but they just don't realise it, I often questioned myself in the past why I kept putting myself through this all the time. I later learned I was just super interested in everything about it.
Both of those can be the starting point to where I've ended up, where I'm genuinely taking it seriously, albeit very slowly.
Hopefully that helps
BilbinsJun 23, 11:40 PM
Jun 24, 8:39 AM
Nov 2018
@Bilbins To be honest, I still don't understand. It your leisure time, and people are not forcing you to watch it. I would understand better if it's their way of living and get paid to criticize what they watch, or you watch something you think is good, and they have one poorly written episode. Then yea, I can understand their disappointment better. These people watched one episode after another, thinking it's plus knowing it's going to continue like this and still watch. This is their free time, and they choose to watch something they deem as horrible. They should accept it as a lost and move on something new or something they will enjoy.
Jun 25, 6:02 AM

May 2020
Reply to Moppit
@Bilbins To be honest, I still don't understand. It your leisure time, and people are not forcing you to watch it. I would understand better if it's their way of living and get paid to criticize what they watch, or you watch something you think is good, and they have one poorly written episode. Then yea, I can understand their disappointment better. These people watched one episode after another, thinking it's plus knowing it's going to continue like this and still watch. This is their free time, and they choose to watch something they deem as horrible. They should accept it as a lost and move on something new or something they will enjoy.
@Moppit
That's a shame, I don't think it's something that you're meant to understand at this point. No diss, from what I can tell, it's just something so opposite of what you value that it just won't ever make sense. To be frank you just make more logical sense, you honestly value things worth your time, whereas we to some degree enjoy putting ourselves through the pain. As much as I take this serious, I still have my moments of just absurdness where I just refuse to drop something I despise, especially in my past where I was much less serious. I can say without a doubt, looking back at all the anime I've done that for, it was worth it. It felt good to talk about all the bad stuff about them, and it still does now, albeit I try to only talk about stuff I actually know about. I even occasionally rewatch them, just to talk about them all over again. At the end of the day, for us it's not a complete loss, often times the "win" becomes something entirely different. It'd be a lie to say the loss doesn't sting, it would also be a lie to say everything I said is how everyone feels, but I'd reckon that's how most people who don't drop shows feel like. TBH most people move on, the more and more they do it, the less and less they can handle it especially the ones who only kept watching because they were super coping. They end up realising it was a waste of their time, and honestly probably start to think like you. I'm odd, just know it's never going to be a complete loss to me, and I'm always going to enjoy it in a bad or good way. For reference I watched all of Boruto, fillers included, as it aired and I despised nearly all of it, gave it a 1/10. It was one of the most painful things I've ever gone through, I somehow still look back on it with a smile on my face and I honestly feel with full confidence it was worth it; I'm excited for part 2.

Sorry for the wall of text again, have a nice day/night.
Jun 25, 8:56 AM
Nov 2018
@Bilbins I don't find it a shame missing out on things I drop. Anime is supposed to be entertaining, not a source of pain. I do give shows I normally would not watch to begin with a chance, and the majority of the time, I enjoyed them. I wouldn't complain week after week about the meetings like a lot of people. They might as well go complain about the source material that was written years before this show was produced. I know at the end you're going to say you'll keep doing what you're doing, and I keep what I'm doing.
Yesterday, 5:20 AM
Nov 2017
Agree, i already say it multiple times that i love when they talk about actual thing that moving the big plot and i hate it when they waste so much screen time for small talk that not important.
Yesterday, 11:52 AM
Jan 2023
How many posts have you made abt this 😭😭 If you don't like it don't watch it. Its simple 😂 I'm not defending the show because I haven't watched it all yet, but you've made a bunch of posts saying how boring the meeting episodes are. Just stop watching it then 😭😭 If I'm remembering correctly from the manga, there is a shit ton of meetings throughout the story... So I'm not surprised lol. Hopefully they are staying true to the source 😂

More topics from this board

» Rimuru is EVIL! ( 1 2 )

RjtheGreat14 - Jun 12

70 by maleficviper »»
Yesterday, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14

119 by white_scooter »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21

142 by Falcolens »»
Yesterday, 3:26 AM

» 2 people chatting ( 1 2 )

AMAN2410 - Jun 21

57 by NTAD »»
Jun 24, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 26

126 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Jun 24, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.