That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 22, 9:15 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to Alexioos95
hozera7 said:
After airing, all negative reviews where removed and the score immediately bounced up to 8.x. I don't know why that happened.

Reviews made during the airing of the series are tagged as "Preliminary reviews", and have a lower priority over the final ones, so you won't see them after it finished, unless there is not enough reviews to fill the slots. Edit : Also, MAL changed its system for reviews. It now always shows 1 positive, 1 mixed opinion, and 1 negative.

As for the Score, the large majority of users are waiting for the series to finish to rate it. It almost always create a very visible fluctuation in the displayed Score.
Alexioos95 said:
As for the Score, the large majority of users are waiting for the series to finish to rate it. It almost always create a very visible fluctuation in the displayed Score.
There is a weighted method for score count which only counts the completed or a certain percantage of episode scores after it's marked as completed afaik. You can see that the scored user count after an anime is mark completed always decreases.
Jun 22, 9:20 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Alexioos95
hozera7 said:
After airing, all negative reviews where removed and the score immediately bounced up to 8.x. I don't know why that happened.

Reviews made during the airing of the series are tagged as "Preliminary reviews", and have a lower priority over the final ones, so you won't see them after it finished, unless there is not enough reviews to fill the slots. Edit : Also, MAL changed its system for reviews. It now always shows 1 positive, 1 mixed opinion, and 1 negative.

Alexioos95 said:
Reviews made during the airing of the series are tagged as "Preliminary reviews"

I am aware. As I said,I don't know what happened. But I know that reviews where removed. In the first month of airing there is only 1 negative preliminary review left.
Jun 22, 10:05 AM

Jan 2017
MegamiRem said:
There is a weighted method for score count which only counts the completed or a certain percantage of episode scores after it's marked as completed afaik. You can see that the scored user count after an anime is mark completed always decreases.

There is that too, yeah. It's the 1/5 rule. (https://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=topanime)

hozera7 said:
In the first month of airing there is only 1 negative preliminary review left.

Reviews made before 1/5 of the series (so before Episode 03 for a 12 episodes series) are not considered valid, and are deleted, no matter what is said inside of it. Looking at the saved states on WayBack Machine, there was not many reviews to begin with tho, and the most popular one was written by an user who deleted his account not too long after, deleting their review at the same time. They may also have been a purge, done against the spam accounts.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jun 22, 11:23 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Alexioos95
MegamiRem said:

There is that too, yeah. It's the 1/5 rule. (https://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=topanime)

hozera7 said:
In the first month of airing there is only 1 negative preliminary review left.

Reviews made before 1/5 of the series (so before Episode 03 for a 12 episodes series) are not considered valid, and are deleted, no matter what is said inside of it. Looking at the saved states on WayBack Machine, there was not many reviews to begin with tho, and the most popular one was written by an user who deleted his account not too long after, deleting their review at the same time. They may also have been a purge, done against the spam accounts.
Alexioos95 said:

Those are plausible reasons for removal, and if I wasn't there at the time I would have even agreed with you. As we have both seen there is only evidence of some form of purge. Anything else beyond that is unfortunately speculation and anecdotal he said she said.

Just for the sake of it I will give my "he said". A lot of highly rated negative reviews where written starting from episode 3 to 6 (July 20 - Aug 30). These where of the same tone and quality of the ones being written about this season. Sometime between episode 8 and weeks after the finale a purge occurred. Thats how i remember events. Again this is a "he said" from years ago.
Jun 22, 1:29 PM
Jun 2021
RealManasBose said:
@Nori25

I guess you would love a show where a few guys are typing the constitution of a new country for 10 hours straight! Since that's also "politics"?

this guy is mad. This guys' comments are more interesting than the slime season
Jun 22, 7:50 PM

Jun 2017
Reply to hozera7
Lurker here, it was bad the last season too. I still remember the reviews back then. They were word for word similar to season 3 reviews. Even the score during airing was around 7.8 . After airing, all negative reviews where removed and the score immediately bounced up to 8.x. I don't know why that happened. The politics is now dumb , no world building is shown, side characters exist to praise the slime etc. As I said, same song.
@hozera7 Wdym no world building is shown? We are literally meeting new characters and factions almost every episode lol. And of course the people from Rimuru's side will praise him, but that's not true to the other factions, like the many antagonists and demon lords, they exist separately from Rimuru.
Jun 23, 3:06 AM
Feb 2021
Reply to Nori25
@hozera7 Wdym no world building is shown? We are literally meeting new characters and factions almost every episode lol. And of course the people from Rimuru's side will praise him, but that's not true to the other factions, like the many antagonists and demon lords, they exist separately from Rimuru.
@Nori25 I mean show how the world works. Emphasis on the word show. Lizard men have webbed feet. Thats why they dominate the mash lands. They have a royal family structure and collect tribute from lesser monster communities. Everything I just said was never told but shown to me. There many examples of this in the first season of slime and very few in the later seasons.

Maybe its just me but the more interesting characters in slime where the supporting characters. They could have been protagonist in another series. After the meeting arcs they now seem more like yes man cardboards with one or two quirks to compensate.
Jun 23, 4:00 AM

Jun 2017
Reply to hozera7
@Nori25 I mean show how the world works. Emphasis on the word show. Lizard men have webbed feet. Thats why they dominate the mash lands. They have a royal family structure and collect tribute from lesser monster communities. Everything I just said was never told but shown to me. There many examples of this in the first season of slime and very few in the later seasons.

Maybe its just me but the more interesting characters in slime where the supporting characters. They could have been protagonist in another series. After the meeting arcs they now seem more like yes man cardboards with one or two quirks to compensate.
@hozera7 Earlier Slime was about Rimuru discovering the world, so it makes sense to have more worldbuilding. The first part of this season was focused on political conflicts, but that had its own worldbuilding too:

The western countries are further explained with the introduction of the council that oversees it, the Five Elders and the Rozzo Family. More intel into Yuuki's organization, the Cerberus, which also has political relations with the council. And finally, the introduction of Lubelius country and further info on the Western Holy Church with the Ten Great Saints, the Seven Days and Luminas, which all received many developments throughout the season. And all of this is about to double in the next arc.

I agree that Slime had very good supporting characters, but they still are, just not the same ones. While some of Rimuru's subordinates have lost their shine, like Benimaru, Rigurd and Gabiru, some others have gained, like Diablo and Veldora. But for me the most interesting characters are the ones outside of Rimuru's faction, like Hinata, Milim and Luminas. They are cool characters and just as overpower as Rimuru, with their own will and motivation, without feeling like they exist because of Rimuru.
Nori25Jun 23, 4:20 AM
Jun 23, 4:21 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
It is precisely by reasons like this I have yet to watch this show after S1, I could have already jumped in S2, but then S3 was coming out and I was like, let me wait for everything to finish airing so I can BINGE, you can say whatever you want, but I feel even S3 would be still interesting when you can binge and not focus so much on the more boring parts, after all this show was always about the characters for me, the action is good and all, but it is the dialogue and me enjoying the characters that got me into the series (along with the building of the nation).

People bitching on this season, realize it is pointless to watch weekly then, and just binge, having a much smoother experience with it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Yesterday

70 by Zerent »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 19

104 by Sugram22 »»
2 hours ago

» [Leak] Season 4 Production decision

Kast2 - Yesterday

19 by blxckboyy »»
4 hours ago

» Ranking the strongest character that have been shown in the anime.

RjtheGreat14 - 10 hours ago

5 by Rimuru_755 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13

77 by Magicmist »»
5 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.